"12'ing" Places we need to see a "12" flag ??

djTOY2000

Reaction score
12th man flag1

So we've seen the "12" atop the Space Needle, we've seen it around the world from our proud military members, we've even seen it reach to outer levels of our atmosphere, we've seen fans around the world in front many known travel destinations, atop Mt Rainer, and we've seen it on many political and state buildings...

..but where have we not seen our 12 be flown yet that would be absolutely amazing ??

LOCALLY (pacific northwest) & WORLD WIDE ....where would you wanna see the "12" be flown that would make you so proud to be part of this ??

LOCALLY: being down here in s.w. washington i would wanna see it flown next to our state flag as you enter into Washington from Oregon on I-5 through Vancouver, or flown in conjunction with the US and Canadian flags up here...

peace_arch_st_pk_03.jpg

WORLD WIDE

i think this would be a nice little adventure...

Map-North-Pole-Cruise-640x501.jpg

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Don't forget,we've seen it in space thanks to those awesome guys

OP
OP
djTOY2000

djTOY2000

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3lh3yd7n said:

yep, kinda mentioned that in the first post --- "we've even seen it reach to outer levels of our atmosphere"

:thirishdrinkers:

Blitzfan

Reaction score
The north Pole would hella cool, so would the south pole. But the ultimate would be on the moon.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
pmedic920":261xjng7 said:
Wa state Capitol building would be cool.

2002772470.jpg

Workers in Olympia prepare the "12th Man" flag that will fly between the Washington State Capitol and the Temple of Justice this week.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
When I get back to flying the F-16 Viper after knocking out some schooling in Italy, I'll have a wingman snap a picture of me with it in the cockpit. I would do it myself, but there is only one seat and it wouldn't be very impressive.

OP
OP
djTOY2000

djTOY2000

Reaction score
falcongoggles":3uyeta70 said:
When I get back to flying the f-16 Viper after knocking some schooling in Italy, I'll snap one with it in the cockpit.

just curious, but what does it take (or how would) a civilian get a chance to go for a flight in a military fighter jet ??

Laloosh

Reaction score
falcongoggles":o81gr84i said:
When I get back to flying the F-16 Viper after knocking out some schooling in Italy, I'll have a wingman snap a picture of me with it in the cockpit. I would do it myself, but there is only one seat and it wouldn't be very impressive.

Seriously? I am so jealous of this.

You are my hero, falcon. Always wanted to be an F-16 pilot as a kid.

Page sid lockheed 04 shahid f16 super viper

-The Glove-

Reaction score
djTOY2000":s5r4ldpb said:
-The Glove-":s5r4ldpb said:

yep, kinda mentioned that in the first post --- "we've even seen it reach to outer levels of our atmosphere"

:thirishdrinkers:

Oops...my bad

falcongoggles

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":3dqyg5zf said:
falcongoggles":3dqyg5zf said:

Seriously? I am so jealous of this.

You are my hero, falcon. Always wanted to be an F-16 pilot as a kid.

Thank you sir, I appreciate it. The jet is a huge engine that happens to have a seat on it. It's a joy to fly it and a monkey could do it. What makes a good fighter pilot is being able to coordinate a four-ship of F-16s and execute under pressure. I also realize it costs our taxpayers a pretty penny. Like RW says, I won't hard on my craft and I promise I'm doing my best so your monies don't go to waste.

p.s. here's a few pics from refueling over the Hindukusch mountains in Afghanistan.

Ry3D400

Ry3D400

falcongoggles

Reaction score
djTOY2000":heys6xsa said:
falcongoggles":heys6xsa said:
When I get back to flying the f-16 Viper after knocking some schooling in Italy, I'll snap one with it in the cockpit.

just curious, but what does it take (or how would) a civilian get a chance to go for a flight in a military fighter jet ??

Unfortunately, it's pretty difficult. There are a lot of great maintenance troops who bust their ass for years and never get a ride. Usually they are reserved for the two or three yearly award winners.

Your options are the following:

Be a celebrity - stupid, but true. If RW, Beast Mode, Tate, etc. haven't gotten a ride by the time I get back, I'll likely send the organization an email and ask if I can take one them for a ride. Hopefully they'll have won a Superb Owl champions by then and this will expedite the paperwork. It would also make it more likely that we could make it into a squadron event and take up a bunch.

Be a politician - sadly they can weasel their way in as well. I took a congresswoman for a ride and she kept saying, "Oh [callsign], Oh [callsign]" when she was excited. My squadron mates busted my balls over that for a long time.

Be rich - At my least base we had "honorary commanders" which was codename for rich guy/gal that was well connected in the community and was an unofficial ambassador for base-local area relations. They got a single ride in the backside of the station wagon/family model (the two seat trainer D-model).

Save someone - Get some press for being a hero and then ask for that to be translated into a ride. The military loves feel good stories.

The problem is that the tactics and information in our jets is classified. In order to take someone up we have to dedicate a flight solely to them and not just throw them in the back while we go about our business. This was not the case years ago when the Viper was much more simple and less capable.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
falcongoggles":2yk8pqqh said:
I took a congresswoman for a ride and she kept saying, "Oh [callsign], Oh [callsign]" when she was excited. My squadron mates busted my balls over that for a long time.

That is hilarious. And for the sake of that one anecdote, I'm going to pretend your callsign is Maverick. (dif't plane, I know, but still)

Regarding the OP: maybe we could get Christo to cover MetLife Stadium with an enormous 12 flag during the SB!