Who has the edge: Seahawks/49ers by position

Hawknight

Reaction score
Bleacherreport.com via SFGate.com
49ers vs Seahawks: Who Has the Edge at Every Position?
BY TYSON LANGLAND (NFC WEST LEAD WRITER) ON SEPTEMBER 12, 2013

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1771 ... for-week-2

"Over the last year, the Seattle Seahawks and the San Francisco 49ers have formed one of the most bitter rivalries in the NFL. There is no love loss between these two teams. This past offseason the Seahawks tried to one-up the 49ers, and the 49ers tried to one-up the Seahawks. "

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Hawknight":wqxmwlxh said:
Bleacherreport.com via SFGate.com
49ers vs Seahawks: Who Has the Edge at Every Position?
BY TYSON LANGLAND (NFC WEST LEAD WRITER) ON SEPTEMBER 12, 2013

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1771 ... for-week-2

"Over the last year, the Seattle Seahawks and the San Francisco 49ers have formed one of the most bitter rivalries in the NFL. There is no love loss between these two teams. This past offseason the Seahawks tried to one-up the 49ers, and the 49ers tried to one-up the Seahawks. "

Disagree. I think both teams did everything they could do to get better and happened to work out that similar positions were filled

CANHawk

Reaction score
I can't disagree that SF has the better TE, I can't agree with what they said about Zack Miller. The author (who really isn't all that bad by BR standards) stresses too much importance on stats and doesn't give Zack enough credit for what he brings as a blocker. Zack is a big part of our running game's success, and I don't think VD even blocks... like ever...

TE is closer to a push than the author makes out.

mretrade

Reaction score
CANHawk":1xeab4z6 said:
I can't disagree that SF has the better TE, I can't agree with what they said about Zack Miller. The author (who really isn't all that bad by BR standards) stresses too much importance on stats and doesn't give Zack enough credit for what he brings as a blocker. Zack is a big part of our running game's success, and I don't think VD even blocks... like ever...

You are so false. Davis blocks a lot and is an excellent blocker.

Johnny

Reaction score
QB - Push
RB - Hawks
WR - Hawks
TE - 49ers
OL - 49ers
DL - Push
LB - 49ers
DB - Hawks
ST - 49ers, ?
Coaching - 49ers, ?

Can't disagree to much with the list except for Special Teams, I think our ST has made tons of plays over the past years Blocked Field Goals, Blocked Punts, FF, and Long Returns for TDs...

and I disagree with the Coaching as well... Jim Harbaugh walked into a very good position with the 49ers talent wise, where Pete Carroll has completely rebuilt this team from the ground up and within 3yrs time made them one of the best teams in the NFL....

rideaducati

Reaction score
mretrade":321sbh3r said:
CANHawk":321sbh3r said:

You are so false. Davis blocks a lot and is an excellent blocker.

Zach is one of many viable pass catchers the Seahawks have whereas Davis is one of TWO that the niners currently have. Davis will have better stats because his QB doesn't spread the ball around like the one in Seattle. Zach doesn't cry when he does well because he isn't surprised when it happens like Davis does.

Latest posts