6 days until Preseason-Who you watching?

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I can't beleive it. 6 days until an actual game! albeit a preseason game. I love the preseason, it's the oasis after struggling through the desert that is the NFL offseason. Obviously, SEPT is the promised land, but preseason is great to quench the football thirst that has been building ever since February.

Who are you most excited to watch next week?

#1 for me is Chris Harper- I want him to make this team, I think he's got more upside than Kearse and I'd hate to cut him and lose him to another team. I'm hoping he makes some good plays.

#2 Christine Michael- I think people are severely underestimating Turbin, I think he's a good player and will show that in the preseason. Having said that I want to see what this rookie can do. It won't surprise me if he rips through 2nd/3rd team defenses in the preseason. Which will be a welcome site. Remember 2 preseasons ago there was RB with marginal talent who had a few good carries and a number wanted him to make the team--- Those days are over, the dept at RB is unreal, when you stop to think of what we had at the start of 2010.

#3- Luke Willson- I hope he get's healthy to play next week. I'd like to see take the Kellen Winslow role and show us his great athleticism. I also want to see his blocking. I'm thinking it's better than what people assume.

#4- Finally As a beaten down Idaho VANDAL fan, I can't wait to see what my boy BENSON MAYOWA at LEO does, He was a pretty good player there, but I can already tell PC is getting more out of him. I want to see if he can show some flashes in the preseason. (in the same Fashion as Cordarro Law last year). I'm a little bummed my other IDAHO player isn't playing yet, I had big hopes for KOREY TOOMER. Hopefully he get's back sooner rather than later.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I want to see the first team units come out onto the field for a series or two and absolutely mutilate the competition.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I'm most interested in our TE's and LB's, followed closely by kick/punt returners. All of it will be good, however.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Our QB and our OC. Curious to see how Bevell approaches the season without needing to worry about training wheels. Should be interesting to see what he's come up with over the course of the off-season, knowing what he has to work with.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I can't wait to see if we have a pass rush. Biggest question mark, and most critical if we want to really be elite.

AbsolutNET":13al5p14 said:
Our QB and our OC. Curious to see how Bevell approaches the season without needing to worry about training wheels. Should be interesting to see what he's come up with over the course of the off-season, knowing what he has to work with.
I hope to God he's aggressive with the play calling from the very first series. We should be tough on offense, not just on defense. I want to see killer instinct, going for the jugular, always trying to score no matter what.

themunn

Reaction score
Russell Wilson. Everyone is gushing that he's MILES better than last year, i want to know how that translates

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I want to see how our O-line looks, becuase if they are good RW will be great.

CANHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":9tprbec6 said:
I can't wait to see if we have a pass rush. Biggest question mark, and most critical if we want to really be elite.

AbsolutNET":9tprbec6 said:
I hope to God he's aggressive with the play calling from the very first series. We should be tough on offense, not just on defense. I want to see killer instinct, going for the jugular, always trying to score no matter what.

Dude, it's pre-season. It's going to be vanilla ice cream in a plain white bowl with vanilla sprinkles and a glass of skim milk. You're going to have to wait for week one to see any jugular action...

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I want to see our 3 backup tight ends, I think we are only going to carry 3 at first.
Christine Michael. I want to get a look at how electric he can be.
Harper, Bates, Williams. I think we keep two of these guys.

TJ/Quinn. They are making a lot more of this battle than there probably really is. We need these two to be decent just so we can get a look at the above players.

Wiggs. How big is that leg.

Schofield and the other D-ends.

Wright at a new position.

Kick returner.

HawkHouse

Reaction score
Probably Christine Michael & Russell Wilson at first ...

I'm not as deep as some of you all with regards to scouting and analysis. But with your guidance (which I truly respect and appreciate) I'll find others that spark my interest throughout the pre-season.

legend38

Reaction score
I will be keeping eyes on Walter thurmond,James Carpenter,and any DE that can't make himself stand out.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
Tate & Baldwin, but really all of the WRs who now are going to be thrust into a bigger spotlight. I agree with most people thinking Tate steps it up big this year, but I am actually more intrigued by Baldwin.

D-Line rotation as a whole, with Clemons out. Looking forward to seeing guys like Howard push for playing time. Of course Hill and Williams.

But my number one thing I am going to pay attention to is: Winfield vs Thurmond for the nickel back role. Really excited to see Thurmond healthy, and have a legit player challenge him for his spot. I think the common thought around here is Winfield has that job locked up, but I am actually leaning Thurmond.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
CANHawk":3fcxg3mn said:
Dude, it's pre-season. It's going to be vanilla ice cream in a plain white bowl with vanilla sprinkles and a glass of skim milk. You're going to have to wait for week one to see any jugular action...

Actually, the preseason is a good time for experimentation. Some coordinators try wild stuff; but I know what you mean. I certainly can't count on anything I see in the preseason making it into the real one.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Christine Michael--selecting best player available and using a second round pick on a position that we were pretty stacked at, I want to see if he lives up to the hype.

Luke Willson - Love small school players, always nice to root for an underdog! I'd like to see if Fells has any ability out there as well.

WR Williams and DE Schofield - it would be AWESOME to find two quality players from a division rival's trash pile. Another interesting wrinkle here.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":18yxfos9 said:
CANHawk":18yxfos9 said:

Actually, the preseason is a good time for experimentation. Some coordinators try wild stuff; but I know what you mean. I certainly can't count on anything I see in the preseason making it into the real one.

They have played it relatively close to the vest at times in preseason, but you are right, they have opened up a bit at times (KC last year being a memorable one). I wouldn't be surprised to see Russell practice his deep outside shoulder throw a bit, but I won't be upset if we don't see any read option wrinkles. Save the good stuff for when it is needed.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Yeah, that D-line rotation. Also, Sweezy and Caarpenter.

Anther thing to watch, are we going to see some 3-4 D. We have way too many guys who fit the pass rush OLB mold.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1tjmqj0b said:
Yeah, that D-line rotation. Also, Sweezy and Caarpenter.

Yeah. I may have to put the 2 guard positions at a close second. Also where does Moffit fit in? Heard and seen some good things from camp so far on all three of these guys.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Sweezy and Carpenter. Not too excited hearing reports from camp that Sweezy is still struggling to pass block.

Schofield and Mayowa...

Michael...

Definitely the TEs and LBs.

Basically, pretty much everyone.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Can't wait to see Russell Wilson kill it again in the preseason like he did last year. Last years preseason was amazingly entertaining.

grizbob

Reaction score
This is like asking a mother who her favorite son is, that being said... D Line :th2thumbs:

And as a reminder there's a mock game this afternoon 1pm Seattle time I think :thirishdrinkers: