6 days until Preseason-Who you watching?

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
Stephen Williams, O'Brien Schofield, Bruce Irvin, Christine Michael, and Walter Thurmond. Maybe Luke Willson, too. And McGrath.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Steve2222":2lefp633 said:
Can't wait to see Russell Wilson kill it again in the preseason like he did last year. Last years preseason was amazingly entertaining.
Funny. Wilson is the last guy I want to get much time.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
-Willson TE, love what I've heard so far...time to put up or shut up.

-Mayowa DE, curious to see if this kid has the potential to be a starting caliber LEO (not that we need it). Having another body to sub in to battle it out on the line will prove to be valuable, due to Seattle's high powered everything. Fresh bodies that can contribute/perform off the bench, like starters, is what makes the DB unit so dangerous (imho).

-Williams DT, just another one of those kids that gets knocked because he doesn't look the part. Interested in seeing how he's adjusting to Seattle by way of 'bama. Going from one great Defense to another has got to amp you up, especially if you have the chance to win another championship (in your first year at that).

-Michael RB, The dude is a freak.

-Turbin, RB, I LOVE what he was able to do out of the backfield, I really like his ability in the flat. Showed some real nice hands last season, and an ability to get open and makes plays after the catch. 800-1000 yards baby! I wonder how this goal looks with the arrival of Christine...

Go Hands.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2celz1mt said:
Steve2222":2celz1mt said:
Can't wait to see Russell Wilson kill it again in the preseason like he did last year. Last years preseason was amazingly entertaining.

Agreed. I mean, it'd be good for him to get the reps and all, but at the same time, let's not expose him to any more risk than we have to, either.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Interested in this Willson guy, I think the 2 TE sets he could impress as a seam route pass catcher on a LB/SS. With Miller, Rice, and Lynch and Tate in the slot, that could be tough for teams to defend if Willson shows he can be a dependable route runner and pass catcher.

Can't wait to see the new RB's drafted compete. Also, eager for Carpenter and Sweezy to show some improvement along with the new D front 7 looks.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Scottemojo":6q3k04h2 said:
TJ/Quinn. They are making a lot more of this battle than there probably really is. We need these two to be decent just so we can get a look at the above players.

Ain't gonna happen. We'd better hope that TJ looks good because Brady Quinn is just AWFUL! Per FO: Quinn was one of only 3 NFL QB's who had a negative DVOA when NOT under pressure. Slightly worse than Skelton and better than only Ryan Lindley. UGH!

Jac

Reaction score
Definitely those three rookies from OP...Michael, Harper, and Willson. They all add dimensions to this offense we didn't have in our multi-dimensional offense last year. But based on recent reports, I might have to say Kearse. If he really has turned the corner and found his hands, it's an almost unfair steal.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":17vkgxq2 said:
Scottemojo":17vkgxq2 said:
TJ/Quinn. They are making a lot more of this battle than there probably really is. We need these two to be decent just so we can get a look at the above players.

Ain't gonna happen. We'd better hope that TJ looks good because Brady Quinn is just AWFUL! Per FO: Quinn was one of only 3 NFL QB's who had a negative DVOA when NOT under pressure. Slightly worse than Skelton and better than only Ryan Lindley. UGH!
Exactly what I meant. I hear that these two keep trading places on the depth chart. That is just motivational BS. Unless injured, TJ is not losing to Quinn.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2kba1nap said:
Steve2222":2kba1nap said:

Not even worried.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Definitely Michael followed by Irvin the OLB. The pass rush would be next. Can't recall a pre-season where I was less concerned about our team / our chances.

I too love the preseason. More times than not I hear people say they don't enjoy, or even watch, the preseason. They, IMO, are not true fans of football (college or pro). The game within the game compels me. Many of my favorite college players I will see play football for the last time this preseason. Many vets as well.

My wife turned to me last night and said "well, you made it". I asked what she was talking about and she replied "the off season, you made it though another off season". I don't recall her being this sarcastic while we were dating. Maybe the language in the pre-nup is finally sinking in on her.

Steve2222

Reaction score
HawkWow":3eks7sxn said:
Definitely Michael followed by Irvin the OLB. The pass rush would be next. Can't recall a pre-season where I was less concerned about our team / our chances.

I too love the preseason. More times than not I hear people say they don't enjoy, or even watch, the preseason. They, IMO, are not true fans of football (college or pro). The game within the game compels me. Many of my favorite college players I will see play football for the last time this preseason. Many vets as well.

My wife turned to me last night and said "well, you made it". I asked what she was talking about and she replied "the off season, you made it though another off season". I don't recall her being this sarcastic while we were dating. Maybe the language in the pre-nup is finally sinking in on her.

The preseason is pretty boring. Once you get to the third and fourth stringers, it's basically back and forth three and outs.

Killa Kam

Reaction score
Bruce Irvin, Christine Michaels, Walter Thurmond, Willson, Stephen Williams, Big Carp, Michael Bennett

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3qv5c95w said:
I hear that these two keep trading places on the depth chart. That is just motivational BS. Unless injured, TJ is not losing to Quinn.

Wanna bet? Today, Quinn outplayed TJ by a long shot! He even had a long end around run!

HawkWow

Reaction score
Steve2222":1wnifytm said:
HawkWow":1wnifytm said:

The preseason is pretty boring. Once you get to the third and fourth stringers, it's basically back and forth three and outs.

You make a valid point. But if one cares to look deeper, that's someone's kid, brother or friend out there wearing the jersey of an NFL football team. Perhaps I am getting a bit melancholy as I (finally) mature, but what's boring to some, is the thrill of a lifetime, to someone else. As a former athlete that didn't achieve such lofty goals, I enjoy witnessing their moment. As goofy as that may sound. :oops:

Hawkboi

Reaction score
I'll be watching everyone! Hope we're deep and strong, and the coaches have an extremely hard time deciding who to cut..... I'm so excited for Pre-Season and will be at the final pre-season against the Raiders....Thanks to Washmont.... :th2thumbs:

Ruminator

Reaction score
Not that he was ever thought much of during his brief tenure as a Seahawk, it'll be a little weird seeing Whitehurst play against us for a couple series or however long.