Few Awesome Threads from Last Year to keep in mind

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Read through a few of these, great for a few laughs on this long weekend. Season is around the corner......I can only imagine with this years expectations the overreaction will be even better week to week. :th2thumbs: Its all good and fun though...

Title: Gotta Put Pete in the Cross-hairs
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55271

Title: Every year a time to give up.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=57234

Title: What is Flynns Value?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55883

Title: This team isn't ready for anything...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55241

Title: The irrelevance of Flynn's starts
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54867&p=740230#p740230

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
It was my goal to create a topic to make one of these threads... lol.

"Maybe we are a still a year away". Well, looks like I was right on the money. I'll pat myself on the back.

:th2thumbs:

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Why are we bringing up old stuff? Oh yeah, Sizzle's got a boner for calling people out.

Few things I dislike more than chicken little threads though. People turn into a bunch of nancies.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
What makes those threads"awesome" exactly?

I'd love to hear it, swizzle.

I mean, I don't know which I look forward to most from this season.

Threads calling people out for being bandwagon.

Threads calling people out for past beliefs/opinions.

Threads celebrating a hard-charging run towards the Lombardi.

I mean they are all so damn much fun!

grizbob

Reaction score
Is it just me or did the off season just get longer :roll: :180670:

drdiags

Reaction score
The poster calling T-Swizzle RW's mom and his response to it was worth a few chuckles. Reading through the posts it was hard to place in season, such as the debate on Flynn's worth. Didn't realize it was that early in the season that folks had started to consider his market value.

Or the ones after the Detroit and Miami losses could have been flipped. I am sure there will be new ones we can look back on and wonder what we were thinking. Sizzle may end up reflecting on some of his that don't hold him in the highest of regards either.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1r0pniv9 said:

"Maybe we are a still a year away". Well, looks like I was right on the money. I'll pat myself on the back.

Here's another gem from ya.

FlyingGreg":1r0pniv9 said:
We are going to lose in Chicago next week. Might as well chalk up the Bills game as a loss as well, since we always find a way to lose on the road.

Even if we win the last 3 at home, that puts us at 9-7....which is iffy to make the playoffs.

*Even* if we make the playoffs, it will be on the road...which means guaranteed loss.

So tired of Seahawks teams not being able to win away from C Link/Qwest.

I agree with you more often than not, but remember disagreeing wholeheartedly when I read this post. When you're right, you're right, but when you're wrong, wow dude, you're really wrong.

kearly

Reaction score
T-Sizzle needs to get something like a "loves being a hater" moniker from the mods. That said I actually enjoy Sizzle's "hater" posts, especially this one. I didn't even know those threads still existed. Good stuff. This is my favorite thread since the draft ended.

While it's easy to simply say that as fans we get emotional after a tough loss, I think some people put a little too much weight on wins. Sure, you play to win the game, especially in a short 16 game schedule. But you look at the Lions loss for example (which two of those threads were reacting to), and you'll see a game where Wilson played great, Lynch played great, and even our pass rush did a very good job creating pressure, but Stafford just played out of his skull and kept making plays on the move milliseconds before getting sacked and Titus Young woke up that morning and just decided to have a career day.

Seattle actually had a good performance in Detroit, good enough to win most weeks. I know QBR is a garbage stat, but Wilson posted a 93.6 QBR that game, his 3rd highest of the season. Marshawn Lynch had over 100 yards and averaged 8.8 yards per carry. Something like 75% of 100 yard RBs win. Most QBs that post QBRs over 90 win. The vast majority of teams that do both win. Seattle stopped the run cold (Detroit had 3.8 yards per carry). It was the only time during the regular season that Seattle scored 24 points and lost.

But sometimes you play great and still lose. If Matt Stafford had played all season like he did in that one game he'd be an MVP candidate and the Lions probably would have been a playoff team. And if the Lions fail to score a TD in the final seconds, Seattle might have won in overtime or possibly regulation. Basically, Seattle played pretty well but Stafford just put the team on his back with one of the best performances of his life to just barely beat us. At 10 am, in Detroit.

And yet people reacted to that like we were the worst team ever. Then we just barely win a very close game in Chicago and it's the exact opposite reaction, even though Seattle's overall quality of performance was comparable in both games.

People saw the Lions game and said that we were a 9-7 team. In reality, we were a 13-3 team (football outsiders) that got knocked to 11-5 because of flukey losses like Detroit and Miami.

What I hope for, someday, is for fans to separate emotion from analysis. The Lions and Dolphins losses sucked, but the Seahawks themselves did not suck in those losses. If you want to know what a sucky Seahawks team looks like go watch 2008-2010 losses. It's okay to be pissed off or frustrated, just be careful where you aim that emotion. There is such a thing as bad luck / tough breaks. It's okay to blame tough luck.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I LOVE the meltdown threads after a loss. They make me want to stab myself in the face but I'll read them over and over.

Happy

Reaction score
Not a thread, but one of the most legendary exchanges ever. This has to be top 5 all time on anybody's list. Every word is pure gold.

cboom":3fsmnr4s said:
Bakergirl":3fsmnr4s said:
cboom":3fsmnr4s said:
Sando was spot on. In fact throughout the game the receivers made some great catches on bad throws. Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.

Can someone please send the troll back to his cave? Worst you have seen....I'm guessing you're all of 10 years old if you think he's the worst Seattle has had on the field.

I am sticking to what I said. I am not just looking at it on stats alone. Composure, decision making, and the balls thrown all factor into my thoughts. I am guessing you haven't played football at any level? And that's totally cool. But the fact is anybody that even played through HS will know and understand about 3 times more about the game than a person that didn't. The person that has never played sees what happened. The person that has played has the ability to understand why and how things happen. I am sure Wilson will not be starting in this league for very long. That's my opinion, that doesn't make me a troll. I have never insulted you for your very basic and surface comments, why do you feel the need to insult me?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
sadhappy":26uknpby said:
Not a thread, but one of the most legendary exchanges ever. This has to be top 5 all time on anybody's list. Every word is pure gold.

So classic. Right up there with the whole earth not spinning thing IMO.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":2tbvz18l said:
FlyingGreg":2tbvz18l said:

FlyingGreg":2tbvz18l said:
We are going to lose in Chicago next week. Might as well chalk up the Bills game as a loss as well, since we always find a way to lose on the road.

Even if we win the last 3 at home, that puts us at 9-7....which is iffy to make the playoffs.

*Even* if we make the playoffs, it will be on the road...which means guaranteed loss.

I agree with you more often than not, but remember disagreeing wholeheartedly when I read this post. When you're right, you're right, but when you're wrong, wow dude, you're really wrong.

Yeah...no sh*t! Perhaps it was my negative energy that spurred the victory? :1:

Every single poster that's ever posted in this forum has been wrong about something related to the team, so I wouldn't cast too many stones. Even that or they sit in the background and don't hang their feelings out for introspection at a later date.

These "I told you so" kinds of threads are silly. It's easy to look back now and say "wow that was wrong". But at the time these posts were made, it was fair game.

Nobody in here will convince me they felt upbeat and positive after that loss in Miami. I'd call b.s. I'm sure those who have better control of their emotions and are more even keel probably didn't let the loss get to them as much as a lot of us, but that game (plus the Detroit game) SUCKED...not because we lost, but the WAY we lost.

...and ironically, both of those losses that were so hard to swallow because of our inability to hold a lead with an "elite defense"... foretold the end of our season...not being able to hold a lead in Atlanta with :30 left. Hmmmm...

Subzero717

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2dxa3t57 said:
sadhappy":2dxa3t57 said:

So classic. Right up there with the whole earth not spinning thing IMO.

Wait. Are you telling me the earth spins or not?

BigMeach

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2vknjn2h said:
SmokinHawk":2vknjn2h said:

Yeah...no sh*t! Perhaps it was my negative energy that spurred the victory? :1:

Every single poster that's ever posted in this forum has been wrong about something related to the team, so I wouldn't cast too many stones. Even that or they sit in the background and don't hang their feelings out for introspection at a later date.

These "I told you so" kinds of threads are silly. It's easy to look back now and say "wow that was wrong". But at the time these posts were made, it was fair game.

Nobody in here will convince me they felt upbeat and positive after that loss in Miami. I'd call b.s. I'm sure those who have better control of their emotions and are more even keel probably didn't let the loss get to them as much as a lot of us, but that game (plus the Detroit game) SUCKED...not because we lost, but the WAY we lost.

...and ironically, both of those losses that were so hard to swallow because of our inability to hold a lead with an "elite defense"... foretold the end of our season...not being able to hold a lead in Atlanta with :30 left. Hmmmm...

I agree , everyone makes incorrect statements. It's part of human nature. I have to agree with Kip on this one though, both the Miami game and the Lion's game I walked away heated but felt good, because I saw games where RW played very well. Sure I hated the loss and wanted to break something, but it did show that he had what it takes, made me think if we could just hit on all 3 facets we'd be very very good.

Hindsights 20/20, let's not pick on ppl cause they spoke their mind, we're all fans here and we all want the Hawks to do well. We've just had so many disappointing seasons you start having that "Here we go again" mentality...