Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: SEA/SF rivalry (NFL.com article)
 Post Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:06 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:11 pm
Posts: 1242
Location: Spokane
Don't think this has been posted, but thought this was funny as hell.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... es-of-2013

Quote:
1. Seattle Seahawks-San Francisco 49ers


In quick order, this has become a classic. There's a collective sense these two will decide the NFC. Last year's meetings were doozies: A rugged 13-6 win by the 49ers in Week 7, answered by the Seahawks' 42-13 hammer-drop in Week 16. I'll never forget that night. Stationed in a Los Angeles sports bar, I watched as a perspiring, cherry-red-sweater-vest-wearing 49ers fan screamed at the top of his lungs at Russell Wilson: "Make it stop! MAKE. IT. STOP."

_________________
For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SEA/SF rivalry (NFL.com article)
 Post Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:43 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am
Posts: 9819
lol.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SEA/SF rivalry (NFL.com article)
 Post Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:06 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6360
SE174 wrote:
Don't think this has been posted, but thought this was funny as hell.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... es-of-2013

Quote:
1. Seattle Seahawks-San Francisco 49ers


In quick order, this has become a classic. There's a collective sense these two will decide the NFC. Last year's meetings were doozies: A rugged 13-6 win by the 49ers in Week 7, answered by the Seahawks' 42-13 hammer-drop in Week 16. I'll never forget that night. Stationed in a Los Angeles sports bar, I watched as a perspiring, cherry-red-sweater-vest-wearing 49ers fan screamed at the top of his lungs at Russell Wilson: "Make it stop! MAKE. IT. STOP."

Haha I'd pay to have been there


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SEA/SF rivalry (NFL.com article)
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:14 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:55 am
Posts: 757
Quote:
"Make it stop! MAKE. IT. STOP."


Instant classic.

_________________
Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SEA/SF rivalry (NFL.com article)
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:20 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
Posts: 5464
Location: Kansas City, MO
Nice.:) I really should use that as my sig......

_________________
43-8...it's all about that action boss....
next man up.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SEA/SF rivalry (NFL.com article)
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:27 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:07 pm
Posts: 194
Lol at "cherry-red-sweater-vest." who wears sweater vests?

_________________
GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!

Long Live Tanzania and Mt. Killamanjaro. In you we trust!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SEA/SF rivalry (NFL.com article)
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:33 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:53 am
Posts: 2288
Wiseguy wrote:
Lol at "cherry-red-sweater-vest." who wears sweater vests?


Jim Tressle


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SEA/SF rivalry (NFL.com article)
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:56 pm 
US Navy ET Nuc
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:29 pm
Posts: 3857
Location: Orting WA, Great Northwet
My boss.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SEA/SF rivalry (NFL.com article)
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:06 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:11 pm
Posts: 1242
Location: Spokane
Wiseguy wrote:
Lol at "cherry-red-sweater-vest." who wears sweater vests?


Close enough?

Image

_________________
For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SEA/SF rivalry (NFL.com article)
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:09 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:08 pm
Posts: 4649
Wonder if Harb's inner monologue had some "make it stop" in it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SEA/SF rivalry (NFL.com article)
 Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:15 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:19 am
Posts: 720
SE174 wrote:
Wiseguy wrote:
Lol at "cherry-red-sweater-vest." who wears sweater vests?


Close enough?

Image



It's Gilligan!

_________________
Status: Active lieutenant in the 12th Man Army


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SEA/SF rivalry (NFL.com article)
 Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:21 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:45 pm
Posts: 1378
As amazing as the CLink or Carlow East were on that night, I can only imagine the greatness that was that night for that guy.

Make it stop! Make it stop!

_________________
Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SEA/SF rivalry (NFL.com article)
 Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:03 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm
Posts: 3181
I literallyl almost spewed my drink all over my keyboard when I read that on nfl.com.

I also would've paid to have been there and seen that.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SEA/SF rivalry (NFL.com article)
 Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:11 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
That's hilarious..


why is it you can't watch any national show without hearing about the Jets and Tebow?

have i missed something in the last few years that's makes this team worth talking about every day?

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SEA/SF rivalry (NFL.com article)
 Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:13 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:02 pm
Posts: 288
hawker84 wrote:
That's hilarious..


why is it you can't watch any national show without hearing about the Jets and Tebow?

have i missed something in the last few years that's makes this team worth talking about every day?


ESPN and NFL track which shows and which websites get traffic. Unfortunately, people keep hearing/watching/reading about Tebow. I really wish it would go away. The Jets don't deserve any attention. If they weren't in NY or had Tebow, they'd be as unimportant as Tennessee, Buffalo, or Jacksonville.

This NFL.com quote is pretty funny. There are definitely some fruitcake Niner fans out there. But you can say the same about all teams. My good friend is a Raider fan and he cried for awhile after they took DJ Hayden.

I do agree that this is the current best rivalry in the league. I think by the end of the season, it'll be a 3-team rivalry with the Rams. But I think Sea and SF are still better. Now, I'm a Niner fan and I think the Niners have a slight advantage. And I'm sure everyone here think the Hawks have the edge. We'll see what happens in Week 2. :snack:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SEA/SF rivalry (NFL.com article)
 Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:18 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:55 am
Posts: 757
Image

_________________
Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SEA/SF rivalry (NFL.com article)
 Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:22 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:14 pm
Posts: 8
12thMan1 wrote:
SE174 wrote:
Wiseguy wrote:
Lol at "cherry-red-sweater-vest." who wears sweater vests?


Close enough?

Image



It's Gilligan!


As a 49er fan I find that hilarious and embarrassing at the same time.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SEA/SF rivalry (NFL.com article)
 Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:29 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:02 pm
Posts: 288
rix98 wrote:

As a 49er fan I find that hilarious and embarrassing at the same time.


He's a total goofball. Have you seen the pick where he tucks in an inside-out sweatshirt into his shorts? I mean, who does that? Only Harbaugh.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SEA/SF rivalry (NFL.com article)
 Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:50 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:15 am
Posts: 2293
BRILLIANT!

_________________
#NEXTMANUP


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SEA/SF rivalry (NFL.com article)
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:33 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:22 pm
Posts: 1429
Who put the mustard cap on the ketchup bottle?

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SEA/SF rivalry (NFL.com article)
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:52 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:48 am
Posts: 605
I think we split again in nearly the same fashion as last season, we just have a way of killing teams at home, granted its early in the season but I have a sneaking suspicion we pick up right where we left off, and we left off by putting an @$$ whupping to the 49ers and were 31 seconds away from the "get away game" in the playoffs. SF will be a tough cookie to crumble at home late though, that's really going to be the barometer for where we stand as a SB contender. Week2 is our home opener, the crowd will be fired up, the players will be fired up, the field might actually catch on fire...I could go on...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SEA/SF rivalry (NFL.com article)
 Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:59 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:03 am
Posts: 248
NinerBuff wrote:
hawker84 wrote:
That's hilarious..


why is it you can't watch any national show without hearing about the Jets and Tebow?

have i missed something in the last few years that's makes this team worth talking about every day?


ESPN and NFL track which shows and which websites get traffic. Unfortunately, people keep hearing/watching/reading about Tebow. I really wish it would go away. The Jets don't deserve any attention. If they weren't in NY or had Tebow, they'd be as unimportant as Tennessee, Buffalo, or Jacksonville.

This NFL.com quote is pretty funny. There are definitely some fruitcake Niner fans out there. But you can say the same about all teams. My good friend is a Raider fan and he cried for awhile after they took DJ Hayden.

I do agree that this is the current best rivalry in the league. I think by the end of the season, it'll be a 3-team rivalry with the Rams. But I think Sea and SF are still better. Now, I'm a Niner fan and I think the Niners have a slight advantage. And I'm sure everyone here think the Hawks have the edge. We'll see what happens in Week 2. :snack:

I see the rams as much improved over last year. Seahawks are a very good team, that is obvious too. Between the two, in my opinion, the Rams may have the edge, and defintely next year with 2 first round draft picks, the Rams might draft better than the rest of the NFC West. I think Fisher is just as good a Defensive coach as Pete, and might have a better eye for talent than Pete. Again, not saying Pete's a slouch, but Fishers record with the Titants is a bit better on the offensive side than Pete's with New England.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SEA/SF rivalry (NFL.com article)
 Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:31 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am
Posts: 2766
I agree that Fisher is a good coach and may soon take over the #2 spot in the NFC west but I think it will be at the expense of the team that couldn't even beat them last year not the one that could.

_________________
The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SEA/SF rivalry (NFL.com article)
 Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:22 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:02 pm
Posts: 288
Giedi wrote:
NinerBuff wrote:
hawker84 wrote:
That's hilarious..


why is it you can't watch any national show without hearing about the Jets and Tebow?

have i missed something in the last few years that's makes this team worth talking about every day?


ESPN and NFL track which shows and which websites get traffic. Unfortunately, people keep hearing/watching/reading about Tebow. I really wish it would go away. The Jets don't deserve any attention. If they weren't in NY or had Tebow, they'd be as unimportant as Tennessee, Buffalo, or Jacksonville.

This NFL.com quote is pretty funny. There are definitely some fruitcake Niner fans out there. But you can say the same about all teams. My good friend is a Raider fan and he cried for awhile after they took DJ Hayden.

I do agree that this is the current best rivalry in the league. I think by the end of the season, it'll be a 3-team rivalry with the Rams. But I think Sea and SF are still better. Now, I'm a Niner fan and I think the Niners have a slight advantage. And I'm sure everyone here think the Hawks have the edge. We'll see what happens in Week 2. :snack:

I see the rams as much improved over last year. Seahawks are a very good team, that is obvious too. Between the two, in my opinion, the Rams may have the edge, and defintely next year with 2 first round draft picks, the Rams might draft better than the rest of the NFC West. I think Fisher is just as good a Defensive coach as Pete, and might have a better eye for talent than Pete. Again, not saying Pete's a slouch, but Fishers record with the Titants is a bit better on the offensive side than Pete's with New England.


The Rams will be as good as Sam Bradford, much like the Niners were going as far as Alex Smith brought them. I thought after his rookie year that he'd be a stalwart, but I haven't seen him improve since. It's a make/break season for him. Austin, Quick, and Cook will be his best receiving corp he's had. I just don't see it happening. I see another 8-8 season for the Rams.

Another way to say it... The game at St. Louis doesn't really concern me, other than the fact that it's a Thursday Night away game. Going into Seattle is a much more difficult challenge. The Niners have only won 2x since the Seahawks have come to the NFCW. We lost last year in St. Louis, but more because of a terrible pitch play and several missed FGs that would have won it for us. And we've won in St. Louis 5x since the new NFCW alignment.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SEA/SF rivalry (NFL.com article)
 Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:22 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:03 am
Posts: 248
NinerBuff wrote:
Giedi wrote:
NinerBuff wrote:
ESPN and NFL track which shows and which websites get traffic. Unfortunately, people keep hearing/watching/reading about Tebow. I really wish it would go away. The Jets don't deserve any attention. If they weren't in NY or had Tebow, they'd be as unimportant as Tennessee, Buffalo, or Jacksonville.

This NFL.com quote is pretty funny. There are definitely some fruitcake Niner fans out there. But you can say the same about all teams. My good friend is a Raider fan and he cried for awhile after they took DJ Hayden.

I do agree that this is the current best rivalry in the league. I think by the end of the season, it'll be a 3-team rivalry with the Rams. But I think Sea and SF are still better. Now, I'm a Niner fan and I think the Niners have a slight advantage. And I'm sure everyone here think the Hawks have the edge. We'll see what happens in Week 2. :snack:

I see the rams as much improved over last year. Seahawks are a very good team, that is obvious too. Between the two, in my opinion, the Rams may have the edge, and defintely next year with 2 first round draft picks, the Rams might draft better than the rest of the NFC West. I think Fisher is just as good a Defensive coach as Pete, and might have a better eye for talent than Pete. Again, not saying Pete's a slouch, but Fishers record with the Titants is a bit better on the offensive side than Pete's with New England.


The Rams will be as good as Sam Bradford, much like the Niners were going as far as Alex Smith brought them. I thought after his rookie year that he'd be a stalwart, but I haven't seen him improve since. It's a make/break season for him. Austin, Quick, and Cook will be his best receiving corp he's had. I just don't see it happening. I see another 8-8 season for the Rams.

Another way to say it... The game at St. Louis doesn't really concern me, other than the fact that it's a Thursday Night away game. Going into Seattle is a much more difficult challenge. The Niners have only won 2x since the Seahawks have come to the NFCW. We lost last year in St. Louis, but more because of a terrible pitch play and several missed FGs that would have won it for us. And we've won in St. Louis 5x since the new NFCW alignment.


The problem I see for the 49ers is that the Rams and the ' Hawks have good defensive coaches. A lot of the 49er offense is deception and misdirection, and these coaches play the 49ers twice a year so that second game becomes a knife fight in a telephone booth. If the 49ers are not up to speed on that second game. It doesn't matter where it's played, it will be a loss. The rams have an up and comming explosive offense with Tavon comming on board, and seattle has an exexplosive offense with harvin and Wilson teaming up. The 49er defense will be tested this year. If the 49ers are fortunate enough to make it into the playoffs as division champion, they will be well set to make a superbowl run after having faced some of the better offenses and defenses in the regular season.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.