2012 Year of Eating Crow

sprhawk

Reaction score
What a monster coaster ride last year was.

I wanted to run PC out of town when he named RW the QB.

It looked like Lynch was on his way out with the run in with the law and we seemed to be filling the locker room with a bunch of troubled cast off players. (Old locker room killer TO, seriously) Then to top it off, we draft Irvin, another potential problem player in the first round.

I am totally amazed at how this team came together so fast. I was expecting a return to the 80's there for awhile.

PC, RW and Lynch made me eat serious crow last year.

I hesitate to even say that this is likely Lynch's fall off year but with Turbin waiting in the wing, I'm not all that concerned. RW and the Hulk could become one of the best QB/RB duo's ever.

kidhawk

Reaction score
HawksFTW":2aj6i0hp said:

Color me confused as well. I didn't really have that many questions about our team this past season. I was more concerned with whether or not Flynn would be able to step up and be the starter we'd hoped he could be. Turns out that didn't really matter because Wilson IS our QB.

kidhawk

Reaction score
RockHawk":3fl6xprg said:
Kudos for owning up to it, and welcome to .NET! Don't let the grumpy old men scare you away.

I may or may not be old, but who can be grumpy with a team like we have right now? :th2thumbs:

As for the OP, definitely welcome, and don't take my post as being "an old grump" it wasn't meant as such. Just wanted to point out that my questions for the previous season were different from yours. I was of the mindset that if our qb was successful, that we'd have a good season. I had no thoughts of regressing to have some bad years due to the players we were bringing in, as long as the qb worked out for us. Of course I had the thought that Flynn would be no worse than an average solid qb for us. Then Russell Wilson Happened and the rest is history.

It's always interesting to see differing points of view on the team from other fans, none of them are necessarily wrong or right, and without those differences, boards like this would be EXTREMELY boring.

grizbob

Reaction score
The only thing I feared for last year was my sanity, this year I have nothing to lose :D

Veilside

Reaction score
Can't say I had the same lack of faith in the team last off season. I was hoping Russ would win the job since we had drafted him and was pretty sure our leadership was strong enough that a few "team killers" couldn't effect us. Also started liking the Irvin pick more and more once I learned more about him.

Glad you have a better outlook on the team this off season. It's gonna be a fun ride, probably for the next few years if not longer.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
RockHawk":2qkyp5mt said:
Kudos for owning up to it, and welcome to .NET! Don't let the grumpy old men scare you away.

That wasn't grumpiness, that was incredulousness. I don't know anyone that shared those concerns, at least not publicly. For someone to be "totally amazed at how this team came together so fast" based on last year, they obviously hadn't been paying attention. This team was a good QB away from being playoff bound in 2011. All the nonsense about Lynch being on the way out, or the team "filling the locker room" with locker room killers and troubled cast offs? That is BS plain and simple, you know it, I know, anyone that actually follows the team knows it.

It is just amazing to me that people actually have this level of disconnect concerning PC/JS plan here in Seattle, especially after all they have done to turn the team into what it is today. It didn't happen overnight, and it certainly wasn't all concocted last year.

Omahawk

Reaction score
I have been eating crow for years as a Seahawks fan. 2013 and 2005 were the only years I can remember that I didn't have to. There were a couple of years in the 2000's that were pretty decent as well but it's been all caviar and truffles for me lately.

KK84

Reaction score
oh jesus can, that new avatar made me spit my beer all over my keyboard. It looks like a mix of mel kiper, that dbag steelers kicker hauschka beat out, and nicholas cage.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Pete and John proved a bunch of us wrong. I doubt you'll find anyone on here who agreed with every move they made.

We're all eating at least a little crow over last year.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
HawksFTW":1qtxuky9 said:
RockHawk":1qtxuky9 said:

That wasn't grumpiness, that was incredulousness. I don't know anyone that shared those concerns, at least not publicly.

It's in you sig. Don't forget about that..you MUST help keep it alive, just as I'm pimping Darren Fells!

"Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all (CBoom, 2012)."

:D :D :D :D LMAO, Cboom! You will NEVER live that down (I promise) ! :p

12evanf

Reaction score
People should be banned for typing "eating crow" on this forum. Think of a new phrase people! :229031_banghead: