Seahawks inquire after Charles Woodson

BelfastHawk

Reaction score
Other teams asking after him Jets, Giants, Dolphins.

Per @JosinaAnderson

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I really do not see the fit/need. If we are gonna throw around big money for pricey veterans it should be on a pass rusher or maybe a WR. Spending big on a DB makes no sense right now.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Well, the need is there for a nickel CB. Woodson might be really good in that roll. Not sure what kind of contract Woodson would be looking for at this phase of his careeer.

I know we have Thurmond, but until he proves he can stay on the field we can't rely on him and we need another.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Interesting. He'd be an improvement over Tru at the 3rd DB and could play safety if something happened to Kam.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Did somebody mention Tru??

I just kind of ASSumed his days as a Hawk were over.

Between Lane, Thurmond and Maxwell aren't we fairly well covered already?

And ET will not be denied some reps at Nickle!! Haha

pehawk

Reaction score
Woodson can play 5 positions (inc nickel). It's a no-brainer, he adds depth.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
No to Woodson. There's a reason Green Bay tended to place him on the line of scrimmage, and it wasn't to be the 3rd CB.

pinksheets

Reaction score
What I've heard from GB fans is that Woodson does not have what it takes to play nickel corner anymore.

He is still a solid safety, but we don't really need a lot of help there. I expect a team will pay him to start at safety for them, we won't.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I like it. Would give us a lot of flexibility back there. Put him at safety and move Kam to LB in some situations. Put him at safety and let Earl play nickle CB in other situations.

Smart, savvy veteran who probably won't command a huge contract at this point in his career. Would be a smart move, imo.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If he came cheap, the veteran presence alone would be worth it.

pinksheets

Reaction score
I'd have to imagine Woodson would play for the Hawks and Giants for considerably less than either the Jets or Dolphins.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3oj0mqsy said:
No to Woodson. There's a reason Green Bay tended to place him on the line of scrimmage, and it wasn't to be the 3rd CB.

And pinksheets: "What I've heard from GB fans is that Woodson does not have what it takes to play nickel corner anymore."

That's where I lean with this. Just curious what our coaches are envisioning here.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1yzef76r said:
I really do not see the fit/need. If we are gonna throw around big money for pricey veterans it should be on a pass rusher or maybe a WR. Spending big on a DB makes no sense right now.

The fit/need is nickel DB, of which Woodson would be a HUGE upgrade over Trufant.

But you're right, not if the price is too high. But I don't see any of these other rumored teams giving Woodson big money. Not at age 36 and coming off an injury plagued season.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
I hate to say this but, After last year, I would rather have Woodson in at Safety on passing downs rather than Kam.

The Radish

Reaction score
JSeahawks":ei664f6b said:
Smart, savvy veteran who probably won't command a huge contract at this point in his career. Would be a smart move, imo.

Won't command a huge salary? What dream world are you living on? He's a star,,,,just ask him.

:les:

JSeahawks

Reaction score
The Radish":id14tww0 said:
JSeahawks":id14tww0 said:

Won't command a huge salary? What dream world are you living on? He's a star,,,,just ask him.

:les:

I think you may be confusing him with Revis. I havnt heard Woodson talking at all thru the media or any other source.

Largent80

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1gu23au5 said:
Well, the need is there for a nickel CB. Woodson might be really good in that roll. Not sure what kind of contract Woodson would be looking for at this phase of his careeer.

I know we have Thurmond, but until he proves he can stay on the field we can't rely on him and we need another.

Exactly THIS^

Largent80

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1pe1itrx said:
"What I've heard from GB fans is that Woodson does not have what it takes to play nickel corner anymore." Just curious what our coaches are envisioning here.

Our coaches are not Green Bay fans, they are evaluaters of what this team needs, and in this case a wise choice to consider it IMO.