Which coordinator would you rather keep?

Which coordinator would you rather keep?

• Gus Bradley

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Darrell Bevell

Votes: 39 78.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
Both have been interviewed for new jobs elsewhere, but if you could keep one, who would it be?

Throwdown

Reaction score
Bevell, I don't want Wilson going through coordinators this early in his career.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Bevell. Gus Bradley's defense didn't become good until Pete showed up. I would hate to see Russell get a different coordinator for 2 straight years.

Largent80

Reaction score
Gotta go with the Throw on this one.

Also, whomever is coaching the defense needs to scrap zone coverage.

How many games do we have to lose to get it through their heads?

Rainger

Reaction score
I used to think Bevell was shit, but he grew and yesterday was not his best effort but RW likes him and I think they will get it really going. Bradley on the other had called all the Prevents and zones at the wrong time. NO Crizilla Pete is not making those calls. Bradley could go and we would be an even better D.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
rainger":3bss00vs said:
I used to think Bevell was shit, but he grew and yesterday was not his best effort but RW likes him and I think they will get it really going. Bradley on the other had called all the Prevents and zones at the wrong time. NO Crizilla Pete is not making those calls. Bradley could go and we would be an even better D.

Yeah. Plus Gus is just leftovers from that awful Jim Mora era. I hope Bradley goes on to head coach some other team.

tdzyph

Reaction score
I heard this a long time ago - "It's not about the X's and O's, its about the Jimmy's and Joes."

I think that rings true for defense, especially in the NFL, and the FO has built this team so well that we have the Jimmy's and Joe's to hang with anybody, regardless of who is "coordinating". I hope Gus nails that Philly interview, and I hope Bevell stays as it appears RW has really embraced his style of offense.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":2k164y1a said:
Bevell, I don't want Wilson going through coordinators this early in his career.
If I HAD to choose....this.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Bevell. He designed plays to get Tate in space where he'll be most useful, got great production out of Rice this year, and knocked it out of the park with his play designs for Miller yesterday. I think he's got room to grow as an OC, too, and I think he'll get there.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Bevell, for most of the reasons stated above. It seems that he's been able to tweak things to get the most out of Wilson and the offense recently, and I'd like to keep him around to continue that.

Plus, given that Carroll is a defensive HC, the defense is likely to retain Carroll stamp more than any individual DC's stamp - making the DC a more replaceable position.

Sac

Reaction score
I like having a balanced offense and everything but I really wouldn't mind if we leaned a little more towards the pass next year.

Pass to score (early) and run to win (late).

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I think Russell needs to be allowed to basically be his own co-coordinator, a la Peyton. Screw this 'training wheels' and 'reining in' crap. We don't need a coordinator artificially imposing a ceiling on what RW can do.

hawker84

Reaction score
i chose bevell only becasue it seems he can adjust when needed, i just wish he would make necessary adjustments when needed quicker, not waiting till we're down 2, 3 scores,.. his pound pound pass crap at the start of games, every game, gets old..

razgriz737

Reaction score
I have never really been a Bevell supporter, but continuity with Russell could be hugely important. Bradley didn't do a whole lot to impress me yesterday, either.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
The question with Gus Bradley is this: Considering Pete is a defensive oriented coach, is he just carrying out orders from Pete on philosophy/game management or is he given freedom to call his own game based on the situation? Browner said our team lost yesterday because they went to a soft zone and it appeared that was the case. Eric Davis said the same thing on NFL AM this morning as well. Considering 5 failures by the defense with a chance to make a stop and win a game this season (nearly 30% of Seattle's games by the way) it's obvious that whomever is deciding how to play defense with a lead at the end of a game is not getting the job done. If it's Bradley I truly hope he's gone by next year though if he is given autonomy there's pretty much a 0% chance of another team hiring him as a head coach because of those failures.