Pick your Poison

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Pick your Poison
Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:33 am
  • OK first off if this needs to be moved, it can be. I do not see it as smack talk. I am just wondering what a response is. I mean no disrespect and I'm not going to do it like I do with saint fans.

we are a pick your poison type offense. I'll start from our worst to best.

Turner
    - a lot of people; even Atlanta fans, put him down.
    - he has 800 on the ground and 200 in passing....not to good. more like a mediocre RB
    - but he still has 11TD. he is a red-zone threat.
    - we have been holding him back a lot, with giving him less carries.

Julio
    - 1200 yards
    - 10 TDs
    - he does great with yards after
    - he can even be in the back field and pull a sneak and pull out some great yardage.
    - of course he is still a red zone and deep threat.

White
    - 1400 yards
    - 7 TDs
    - more so a deep threat guy, but he can catch the ball in mid field, regardless who is about to smack him.

Tony Gonzalez
    - almost a 1000 yards
    - 8 TD's
    - he works the heck out of the middle of the field and will get yards after.

Matt Ryan
    - 6 people who have 30 plus catches from him
    - 4700 yards
    - 141 in rushing
    - 32TD
    - 99.1 rating
    - loss of sacks 210

on defense the line is decent
    - Abraham accounts for 10 sacks.
    - 29 sacks for the entire team

but our secondary is really good.
    - first you might think we let up a lot of yards on rushing. (2000)
    - you might even think we let up a lot of yards in passing. (3800)
    - but we have a +13 turnover.
    - with one being a pick 6.

We make big plays.
    anyhow, so what teams have we played?

Denver broncos. week 2. 27-21
    We make Manning look like a joke.
    every time he went to throw in the first quarter was an interception.

Washington Redskins. week 5. 24-17
    we played at their stadium with a more so healthy RG3 at the time.
    - but we gave him a concussion. (was a clean hit)
    Matt Ryan but up 345 yards.
    Gonzalez put up 123 yards and a TD.

Philadelphia Eagles. week 8. 30-17
    now it was after our bye....but it was also after Phillies bye. now of course philly stunk this year, but no one has won a game against reid after he had a bye.

Cowboys. week 9. 19-13
    I know they are not in the playoffs. but it was a night game.
    - we had 4 prime time games this year, and have won them.
    - we are not the same team in the last 4 years. because in the past we would not win all of our prime time games for the season. And I think we had a failure of preparing for teams.
    - - we have been practicing all week, when usually we take off; like a lot of teams do.

Giants. week 15. 34-0
    - now the Giants came in knowing they would need to win the game in order to keep a lead on their division.
    - Giants were a good team until they got destroyed by us....for some reason LOL
    - at times Giants were placed as the #3 team in the power rankings.
    - as you can see we destroyed them.

so all in all we are a great team. we may not have a 1600 yard RB, but our WR's, TE make up for that. We have a top 5 D and +13 in turnovers.

so what makes you feel like you can beat us in our dome with the crowd noise?
    your big games you have won has been at your house. GB, NE, SF
    you did beat Chicago as well......even though they are not in the playoffs, they were a notable team.

anyhow I look forward to meeting some of you at the dome. I have heard you have some great fans.

Ok this is my last post.

1. I feel we have beaten this thought enough. Y'all seen what I said, and I seen what y'all said.

2. great fans y'all are. if any of y'all are coming to Georgia this sunday, you can strop by and tailgate with me and my friends. you can see I am civil and I am not going to be a jerk.
    - just send me a message or bump this thread. I will continue to read, just not post.

3. One person on here did get upset, I am really not about upsetting anyone. we both have feathers and I do not want to ruffle any on either side.

4. what I have learned
    - you have a great RB (I do not need to write 20 pages on how awesome he is)
    - you have a red zone game in passing....something I did not have a clue at.
    - you stand by your DB's. and they have played a good duo for NE.
    - and lastly between the hashes.

5. you did let me knwo; without you saying it, that I was a little high on my team and that you did have a good team. therefore you brought me back to earth
    - and for that I thank you.

6. If I kept on yapping. then I see this going round and round...and no more of a point will be made, then what has been already stated. Or worse, it would turn to more then one person getting upset. or even worse me getting upset. :P anyhow I am really not about upsetting anyone, especially coming to another teams message boards, only trolls do that.

anyhow I do thank you a lot more then what you might realize. and I look forward to the game on Sunday.
    and I will return if the Falcons lose to congratulate you all. I did the exact same thing the year the packers ripped into us with over 40 points.

Asante' (Thank you)
    Namaste' (a respectful good-bye)
    Last edited by Fibonacci on Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Fibonacci
    NET Bench Warmer

Re: Pick your Poison
Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:39 am
  • Those stats didnt help you win the last few playoff games have they?
    Go SeaHawks
    SeaChase
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:42 am
  • Didn't have those stats the last few playoff games.
    FOGHORN
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:43 am
  • What poison do the Falcons take before a playoff game?
    Kamcussion
    NET Starter

• In case you didn't notice we have won all 3 of our recent road games. Also, we were down 14-0 in the middle of the first quarter on the road on a field called a pasture by everyone that has seen it/played on it. We scored 24 unanswered points to win the game

We played in a dome for over 20 years, the fast track suits our defense to a tee. We have probably the best secondary in football. You beat us last year when most were rookies. They now play as a team.

We have a dynamic quarterback that will tire out your defense with both his arm and his legs. He doesn't make many mistakes and knows how to win games. In fact, he won the first playoff game he appeared in.

We also have a bruising RB that is also quick ....he is......A BEAST.

I like our chances quite frankly.
    Last edited by Largent80 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

R.I.P. Brother Les, I'll always know you as Pithy Radish.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• SeaChase wrote:Those stats didnt help you win the last few playoff games have they?

nope not one stinking bit.

but at that time we faced teams who went to Sb or won it.

also we had a horrible DC and OC. and we have changed it completely. our schemes are very different.
    for instance we were not a good secondary.....we would do a zone every play and play off guys 20-30 yards. (not lying).
    - but now we have a scheme most of the Atlanta fans do not even know. cause it is changed up so many times.
    as for our Offense, we added explosiveness. we took away touched on the run and added more on throwing.
    - we had not had two WR that had over a thousand in the past.
    Fibonacci
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:44 am
  • GoldenTater81 wrote:What poison do the Falcons take before a playoff game?

Touche'
    FOGHORN
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:46 am
  • We don't have to pick a poison. Our defense is built almost perfectly to go up against your team. my main concern is your slot receiver and/or Gonzalez. Sherman is the best CB in the league and it's not even close. He'll be up against your #1 all day. Browner is quite able himself against your #2. Our pass rush does concern me in this one. If we blitz, I expect us to get good pressure on Ryan and trouble him into some poor throws - which he has been known to make. We can stop your running game. Gonzalez is going to get yards in the middle of the field, BUT he's going to have to suffer for them. Kam will be ready to pound him every time the ball goes near him, so expect him to be hesitant as the game goes on. Before you say it, we all know that Tony G is a HoFer and has a wealth of experience and toughness, but if you watched the Cowboys game early in the season, you saw what we did to Witten, the same is likely going to happen to Gonzalez.

For our offense, I'm just not sure how well your D is going to fare against what I believe to be the most potent read option attack in football right now. Lynch is the most violent runner in the NFL, and HAS to be respected. Wilson has become so adept at reading the d-line in real time and can break off a decent run when that DE crashes down on the play. Don't think that's all Wilson can do, though. He has a fantastic arm, can throw short, intermediate and long passes with above average accuracy, and has a knack for extending plays and throwing on the run or under pressure. He's still a very good pocket passer - something that most opposing fans don't realize - and can hurt you from inside the pocket as well as outside it. I would say it's Atlanta who needs to pick their poison, do you sell out to stop the run and risk Wilson hurting you with his arm, or do you try to cover Rice, Tate, Baldwin and Miller and risk being gashed by Lynch or Wilson on the ground?

Either way, I think this is going to be a fantastic game. Nolan's defense will be tough for Wilson, but he seemed to do ok against both Ryan defenses, as well as several other pretty high-profile Ds this season. I just hope it's a good, injury-free game that ends in a Seahawks victory.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:48 am
  • Fibonacci wrote:OK first off if this needs to be moved, it can be. I do not see it as smack talk. I am just wondering what a response is. I mean no disrespect and I'm not going to do it like I do with saint fans.

we are a pick your poison type offense. I'll start from our worst to best.

Turner
    - a lot of people; even Atlanta fans, put him down.
    - he has 800.......................

The Falcons are awesome, they are great, they are the #1 seed. They still need to beat the Hawks on Sunday if they want to actually win a playoff game with this regime. 4 years straight, they haven't. The Hawks? They have won 2 of them in 3 years. Stats and schedules don't win games, Players and coaches do on Sunday.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:55 am
  • @ Peaches. . good post and understandable coming from a Seahawks fan. No disrespect to Lynch, but Adrian Peterson is the most violent runner in the league. As evidenced by his league leading yards after contact.

Keep in mind our #2 receiver is a #1 on almost all the other teams in the NFL. Seahawks have faced some great passing attacks but this team has almost 3 1000 yard receivers.

Going to be a great game regardless. Both teams will come to play and leave it all on the field.
    FOGHORN
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:58 am
  • FOGHORN wrote:@ Peaches. . good post and understandable coming from a Seahawks fan. No disrespect to Lynch, but Adrian Peterson is the most violent runner in the league. As evidenced by his league leading yards after contact.

Keep in mind our #2 receiver is a #1 on almost all the other teams in the NFL. Seahawks have faced some great passing attacks but this team has almost 3 1000 yard receivers.

Going to be a great game regardless. Both teams will come to play and leave it all on the field.

Peterson has more speed and elusiveness than Lynch, that's why he has more yards after contact, because he breaks the initial tackle and gets into the open field. Lynch just plows through hit after hit. I think your opinion will be changed after Sunday. Peterson is the best RB in the league by a mile, but I think Lynch is the most violent runner. Just a big, punishing, bruising back who wears a defense down as the game goes on.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:04 am
  • Our db's are good enough to handle your receivers.

The run game does not really scare me at all.

The one thing people have brought up is Tony Gonzales, how will we handle him? We have a guy who specializes in big pass catching tight ends. Kam Chancellor hit Whitten, the best pass catching TE in the game, early and very hard. He was basically useless the rest of the way. SF thought they had a great pass catching TE in Vernon Davis. Chancellor hit him hard and he was off to la la land the rest of the game. He just seems to enjoy finding these type of guys and making them a non factor.

Your run defense is very suspect and that sets us up perfectly. Run Lynch and Turbin early and often, Wilson rolls out and makes perfect passes, and then when you get a feel for that he burns you with the run as well.

I think we match up pretty well actually. Here is to a good game and Wilson continuing winning the big games, as Matt Ryan continues his proven effectiveness in the playoffs with yet another loss when it counts to add to his resume.
    OrFan
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:09 am
  • Gonzales is my main concern. I have faith in Browner and Sherman to keep White and Jones in check. Sure they'll get a couple here and there but not like you do against a lot of other teams. Turner is a beast but the speed of our D should control him too. Ryan is a good QB but without his 2 main targets and his RB to relieve pressure he'll dump it off to Tony a lot and that scares me. IMO that is our weakness - the big TE who slants across the middle. Hopefully we can lay a couple big hits on him to make him think about crossing through there too much.
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:11 am
  • The facts are, the falcons are one of the worst rushing teams. Offensively and defensively. They are one of the worst in the league at sacking their opponent, they give up way too many yards, and their only strength (their passing game) is now playing arguably the best secondary in the league..
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:11 am
  • Hopefully this game is more fun to watch than the 24 - 2 shellacking the Giants put on you in your house last year. I could smell the stink of that game all the way up in Seattle.
    Formerly known as Seahawk425.
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:14 am
  • Largent80 wrote:In case you didn't notice we have won all 3 of our recent road games. Also, we were down 14-0 in the middle of the first quarter on the road on a field called a pasture by everyone that has seen it/played on it. We scored 24 unanswered points to win the game

We played in a dome for over 20 years, the fast track suits our defense to a tee. We have probably the best secondary in football. You beat us last year when most were rookies. They now play as a team.

We have a dynamic quarterback that will tire out your defense with both his arm and his legs. He doesn't make many mistakes and knows how to win games. In fact, he won the first playoff game he appeared in.

I like our chances quite frankly.

thanks. I forgot y'all came form a dome. and I was wondering y'alls thoughts on road games. Chicago is something that is notable to me....because I feel they are a playoff contender, just the same as I do Giants.

We have faced mobile QBs, RG3, cam newton twice, vick. you can go and look at those games and see what we did to them. cam newton got us in one of the games, but it was not that notable. we had no problems holding them.
    Fibonacci
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:14 am
  • ensett wrote:The facts are, the falcons are one of the worst rushing teams. Offensively and defensively. They are one of the worst in the league at sacking their opponent, they give up way too many yards, and their only strength (their passing game) is now playing arguably the best secondary in the league..

Their leading pass rusher, Abraham, is also coming off an ankle injury. Add to that he just celebrated his 68th birthday and I like our chances!
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:18 am
  • thanks. I forgot y'all came form a dome. and I was wondering y'alls thoughts on road games. Chicago is something that is notable to me....because I feel they are a playoff contender, just the same as I do Giants.

We have faced mobile QBs, RG3, cam newton twice, vick. you can go and look at those games and see what we did to them. cam newton got us in one of the games, but it was not that notable. we had no problems holding them.

No problems holding Carolina? That's a read option offense similar to what we run and you gave up 199 yards rushing the first time you faced them (a 30 - 28 last second win) and 195 yards rushing the second time (a 30 - 20 loss). I like that!
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:24 am
  • Imma get blasted for this, I just know it. But I'm cringing at the thought of Julio Jones vs Browner.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:26 am
  • Throwdown wrote:Imma get blasted for this, I just know it. But I'm cringing at the thought of Julio Jones vs Browner.

Good thing ET provides superior coverage over the top when Browner gets beat by the double move!
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:30 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:We don't have to pick a poison. Our defense is built almost perfectly to go up against your team. my main concern is your slot receiver and/or Gonzalez. Sherman is the best CB in the league and it's not even close. He'll be up against your #1 all day. Browner is quite able himself against your #2. Our pass rush does concern me in this one. If we blitz, I expect us to get good pressure on Ryan and trouble him into some poor throws - which he has been known to make. We can stop your running game. Gonzalez is going to get yards in the middle of the field, BUT he's going to have to suffer for them. Kam will be ready to pound him every time the ball goes near him, so expect him to be hesitant as the game goes on. Before you say it, we all know that Tony G is a HoFer and has a wealth of experience and toughness, but if you watched the Cowboys game early in the season, you saw what we did to Witten, the same is likely going to happen to Gonzalez.

For our offense, I'm just not sure how well your D is going to fare against what I believe to be the most potent read option attack in football right now. Lynch is the most violent runner in the NFL, and HAS to be respected. Wilson has become so adept at reading the d-line in real time and can break off a decent run when that DE crashes down on the play. Don't think that's all Wilson can do, though. He has a fantastic arm, can throw short, intermediate and long passes with above average accuracy, and has a knack for extending plays and throwing on the run or under pressure. He's still a very good pocket passer - something that most opposing fans don't realize - and can hurt you from inside the pocket as well as outside it. I would say it's Atlanta who needs to pick their poison, do you sell out to stop the run and risk Wilson hurting you with his arm, or do you try to cover Rice, Tate, Baldwin and Miller and risk being gashed by Lynch or Wilson on the ground?

Either way, I think this is going to be a fantastic game. Nolan's defense will be tough for Wilson, but he seemed to do ok against both Ryan defenses, as well as several other pretty high-profile Ds this season. I just hope it's a good, injury-free game that ends in a Seahawks victory.

we do not have just one #1 WR; we have two. Sherman needs to not only bring his A game, but the other guys need to help him oput with covering two WR that are threats.

as for slot guys...I understand Gonzalez being your most concer. but White and Julio will cut across the field better and make yardage after the touch.and we do have Douglas. he is not a number 1, and is between a number 2 and 3. reason I feel he should be a number 2, but the problem is.....so many top guys to feed the ball to.

if you are concerned about the center, then watch out for Rodgers. Ryan drops the ball off to him in the center..... a lot.

I have never seen Gonzalez hestint. I understand kam is a hitter. but our guys are not afraid. we have faced big boy LB's. heck Turner laid out Ray Lewis last year. White has had several head to head and holds on and gets the penalty.

Witten, sure he might have been scared....but in all farenes he was coming off of an injury. and Gonzalez again has never shown he is afraid.

we should pick our poison? does wilson have 6 guys who have 30 + receptions?
    - you have 3 that have over 30 touches. and they total 1800+.
    - we have 6 and that is 4400 yards in total.
    sorry but I do not see a pick your poison.
    sure you can count Lynch in it. the guy is awesome. and you can take away turner. but we still have more scary guys.

also sorry for the crappy field you had to play on. we did to and I hate that field. they should be fined for what kind of field they have. I wonder how long RG3 will go until he ask to be traded (and it will rely on the souly the field conditions)
    Fibonacci
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:31 am
  • The Falcons will throw, throw and throw some more....they have no rushing attack.
    I have watched a few Atlanta games this year and Turner looks terrible...he is soooooo slow. Rodgers is a much bigger threat.
    If I was Atlanta I would be targeting Rodgers and Gonzalez a lot.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:32 am
  • 1) AP is not the most violent runner - no way. I will give him best runner without a discussion but Lynch runs over and through people in a way that AP doesn't. Doesn't mean Lynch's style is better just that it is extremely physical and if he gets into open space then watch out because it is going to HURT. You don't say that when you see AP. This is not a disrespect to AP just a different style

2) Agree on your wideouts - they are great. Agree on Gonzales - he is great. We will play man-to-man on your two WRs and it will be very interesting. I think we will get beat for 1-2 TD's this way but I also think we will shut down the running game so that will be a wash. The benefit to us is you will have some quick strikes and you will have some quick 3 and outs. I don't expect sustained 5-8 minute drives by Atlanta. Gonzales will be the difference make in moving the chains on 3rd down and I think the game comes down to him catching 12 balls or him catching 3/4.........

3) Seattle will keep your defense on the field. They will power run, option run, pass and move the chains. There will be some long sustained drives. Game calling has been leading up to this all year long and there will be a complete mix of 2 yard plays up to 80 yard plays

I don't know who will win. I expect a close game. I think Seahawks wins 31-27. I expect 2 int's from Matt Ryan and one from RW. I think Wilson will get 5 or 6 first downs with his legs and most of those in 3rd down situations......
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:33 am
  • Fibonacci wrote:
    SeaChase wrote:Those stats didnt help you win the last few playoff games have they?

nope not one stinking bit.

but at that time we faced teams who went to Sb or won it.

Sounds good to me.
    DericLee
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:44 am
  • CodeWarrior wrote:
    ensett wrote:The facts are, the falcons are one of the worst rushing teams. Offensively and defensively. They are one of the worst in the league at sacking their opponent, they give up way too many yards, and their only strength (their passing game) is now playing arguably the best secondary in the league..

Their leading pass rusher, Abraham, is also coming off an ankle injury. Add to that he just celebrated his 68th birthday and I like our chances!

:lol: but seriously though...when was the last time he played healthy?
    keepertd
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:46 am
  • Throwdown wrote:Imma get blasted for this, I just know it. But I'm cringing at the thought of Julio Jones vs Browner.

That was my first thought after we put the Redskins to bed. Browner can be burnt on those stop and go's which lead us back to our mostly invisible pass rush. We have got to put pressure on Ryan, he simply cannot have all day to throw back there.
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:49 am
  • Let's just face it folks... These guys have brought way too much with them... The Hawks shouldn't even bother flying down. After all, there is just too much "We got this, we got that and we do this WELL, ALOT". I for one am scared now.

Wait.... What? The game is actually played on the field? OH SNAP!!!!! Now they really don't stand a chance!!!
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:53 am
  • OrFan wrote:Our db's are good enough to handle your receivers.

The run game does not really scare me at all.

The one thing people have brought up is Tony Gonzales, how will we handle him? We have a guy who specializes in big pass catching tight ends. Kam Chancellor hit Whitten, the best pass catching TE in the game, early and very hard. He was basically useless the rest of the way. SF thought they had a great pass catching TE in Vernon Davis. Chancellor hit him hard and he was off to la la land the rest of the game. He just seems to enjoy finding these type of guys and making them a non factor.

Your run defense is very suspect and that sets us up perfectly. Run Lynch and Turbin early and often, Wilson rolls out and makes perfect passes, and then when you get a feel for that he burns you with the run as well.

I think we match up pretty well actually. Here is to a good game and Wilson continuing winning the big games, as Matt Ryan continues his proven effectiveness in the playoffs with yet another loss when it counts to add to his resume.

no offense but I would be a little worried. seems the only team you faced who anything close to us, was NE with llyod/welker. and you put a mean hit on welker...but welker did hold onto the ball, and our know our guys will too. because it has happened a lot and they get back up laughing about it. roddy has had a ton of head to head hits and kept position and got back up laughing....also roddy has played every single game in his career.
    - also in that game welker/lloyd performed well.

as for witten....he was coming off of an injury. Gonzalez has never been afraid and no offense he has faced bigger LB. heck once again I'll mention, our RB who is not performing well took out Ray Lewis on a play.
    Fibonacci
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:57 am
  • Fib, you seem a knowledgeable fellow so I'll keep this civil.

You're going to shit your pants on Sunday if you think the Defense isn't the best you've faced all year.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:01 am
  • iigakusei wrote:The Falcons will throw, throw and throw some more....they have no rushing attack.
    I have watched a few Atlanta games this year and Turner looks terrible...he is soooooo slow. Rodgers is a much bigger threat.

yeah stupid TURNER

but turner does have 11 TD's. while Lynch has 12.
    - turner is still a threat in the endzone.
    Fibonacci
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:03 am
  • 400WattHPSHawk wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:Imma get blasted for this, I just know it. But I'm cringing at the thought of Julio Jones vs Browner.

That was my first thought after we put the Redskins to bed. Browner can be burnt on those stop and go's which lead us back to our mostly invisible pass rush. We have got to put pressure on Ryan, he simply cannot have all day to throw back there.

thanks. I knew I would be finding honest fans here. I know Falcons have our bad sides.
    heck ryan gave up 230 on loss of yardage in sacks.
    heck Turner is nothing like he used to be. I know he had a decrease in carries....but was not aware he come out just tippy toeing on everything.
    Fibonacci
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:07 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Fib, you seem a knowledgeable fellow so I'll keep this civil.

You're going to shit your pants on Sunday if you think the Defense isn't the best you've faced all year.

LOL thanks for being civil. :thirishdrinkers:
    Fibonacci
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:08 am
  • Its a good offense, no doubt. Who was the toughest defense they played? The hawks present a unique challenge for most teams because they really are bigger, faster and stronger than most everyone else. I am excited to see who comes out on top.
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:10 am
  • Fibonacci wrote:
    iigakusei wrote:The Falcons will throw, throw and throw some more....they have no rushing attack.

yeah stupid TURNER

You can't possibly be using TD's as a measurement of a RB's succes...right?

Lynch outgained Turner by 800 YARDS.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:11 am
  • This is by far the nastiest defense Atlanta has seen all year
    Treefiddy
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:12 am
  • Having seen a number of Atlanta games this year, the Seahawks best defense in this game is going to be clock-management and effective, long, plodding scoring drives that keeps Atlanta off the feild. We need to score on these long drives and force Atlanta into playing from behind. Thats when they are not as sharp and their recievers aren't as effective--trying to force things down feild. If you allow Ryan to dink and dunk to their quick recievers/backs/tight-end, then they could control the game. This strategy worked against Tom Brady and the Pats, and it should work against Ryan and the Falcons.

Also, if they get in the red-zone, it is truly pick-your-poison, as Turner can score if defenses over-play the pass. He has 11 TDs this year and has been effective in the red-zone (I know because he was on my fanasy team and delivered week-to-week with short-yardage TDs though he never put up average yards).
    aawolf
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:14 am
  • Missing_Clink wrote:Its a good offense, no doubt. Who was the toughest defense they played? The hawks present a unique challenge for most teams because they really are bigger, faster and stronger than most everyone else. I am excited to see who comes out on top.

Giants had a good D....at least the media and stats said so. but after that game all the media started saying the Giants were no bodies for some odd reason.
    Fibonacci
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:18 am
  • I'm really worried about White and / or Jones.

Falcon Guy - If you had to put your #1 corner on one of them, which would it be?

I'm struggling with the idea of Browner matched up with either of them. I LOVE Browner, but he'll struggle to "out physical" either of these guys, so he'll be needing a LOT of help with his guy. This means Sherman will likely be on an island with the other - I like that match up ALOT over the course of the game but Sherman can't be perfect. Plus this will also leave less help for Wright and or Chancellor on Gonzo.

Hawks O is going to have to BRING IT (which I think they will).
    SirTed
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:19 am
  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    Fibonacci wrote:
    iigakusei wrote:The Falcons will throw, throw and throw some more....they have no rushing attack.

yeah stupid TURNER

Your team has a potent offense....but it is much scarier when Rodgers is on the field. Turner is basically TJ Duckett at this point in his career. Please don't compare Turner to Lynch...that is like me saying Golden Tate is a better WR than Roddy White....they have the same amount of TD's.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:19 am
  • FOGHORN wrote:@ Peaches. . good post and understandable coming from a Seahawks fan. No disrespect to Lynch, but Adrian Peterson is the most violent runner in the league. As evidenced by his league leading yards after contact.

i'll agree, Julio and White are fantastic no doubt and they like to play physical, so do our dB's and i don't think anybody will argue they're the best at it... i also read on this same post, but on your board where you stated they are not that fast especially browner.. truth be told browner is faster than sherman, if you watched the vikings game, browner caught AP from behind to prevent a TD, all be it AP was running out of steam, but he did walk him down.. don't be fooled by what you saw on sunday, he's rusty for sure, but he is not slow, neither is sherman... will be a tough battle indeed, and i'd imagine both will make some plays as will Gonzales.

but i think we can make you one dementional, because turner is not a threat unless you're in the red zone, the other back does concern me as a reciever out of the back field, but we've been playing that fairly well lately.. it'll be a tough test, but we're built to compete with teams like yours, so it's going to come down to who competes and makes the most plays on D IMO
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:33 am
  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    Fibonacci wrote:

yeah stupid TURNER

no I am not doing that....I'm saying he is a redzone threat.
    Fibonacci
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:38 am
  • Fibonacci wrote:no I am not doing that....I'm saying he is a redzone threat.

He is a red zone threat because teams respect Gonzalez, White and Jones so much. He's reaping what they sow.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:46 am
  • I dont agree that TDs make him a redzone threat. Hes fat, hes slow, he has no moves, hes averaged 3 yards per carry the 2nd half of the season. He is so bad that its embarrassing. Its cute that he gets touchdowns and all, but hes only getting them because hes getting a lot of opportunities.
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:49 am
  • iigakusei wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:
    Fibonacci wrote:yeah stupid TURNER

Your team has a potent offense....but it is much scarier when Rodgers is on the field. Turner is basically TJ Duckett at this point in his career. Please don't compare Turner to Lynch...that is like me saying Golden Tate is a better WR than Roddy White....they have the same amount of TD's.
    I'm not saying they are the same at all. I even gave Lynch a ton of credit in early post.

all I said was Turner has one less touchdowns. and that he is a redzone threat....that was all I was meaning, "he is a red zone threat".
    Fibonacci
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:51 am
  • ensett wrote:I dont agree that TDs make him a redzone threat. Hes fat, hes slow, he has no moves, hes averaged 3 yards per carry the 2nd half of the season. He is so bad that its embarrassing. Its cute that he gets touchdowns and all, but hes only getting them because hes getting a lot of opportunities.

just but everyone of his TD's has come from the redzone. I recall one TD that was for 17 yards. but besides that I do not recall one that was more then 10 yards.
    Fibonacci
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:03 am
  • Fibonacci wrote:so what makes you feel like you can beat us in our dome with the crowd noise?

Because statistically, Seattle is a better team than Atlanta. By DVOA, Seattle is ranked #1 to Atlanta's #10. By ANS Team Efficiency Rankings, Seattle is #3 to Atlanta's #7. By Sagarin Ratings, Seattle is #2 to Atlanta's #6. Seattle's yards per play differential (offensive ypp minus defensive ypp) is +0.7 to Atlanta's -0.1. Seattle's point differential is +167 to Atlanta's +120. The only area where Atlanta is better statistically than Seattle is wins, and wins are not as good at predicting future results as the above stats. Seattle faced the #4 schedule (by DVOA) and Atlanta faced the #27 schedule.

Seattle also matches up well against Atlanta. Your strength is the best group of receiving weapons in the league, but they haven't faced a secondary like ours. The games where our defense has struggled has been against better rushing attacks, but Michael Turner is old, fat, and slow, and every time he gets the ball will be a good thing for the Seahawks. Jacquizz Rodgers is a nice change of pace back, but he's not someone like Peterson, Gore, Spiller, or Morris that can run through our defense.

Fibonacci wrote:anyhow, so what teams have we played?

Of the five games you listed, I'll give the Falcons credit for dismantling the Eagles and Giants. But like you said, the Eagles are a bad team and you were coming off a bye. The Cowboys game was a home night game that could have gone either way. Atlanta averaged 7.2 yards per play that game to Dallas's 7.0. Narrowly beating a mediocre team in a home game on SNF isn't a brag-worthy win. Denver and Washington actually outplayed Atlanta in those games despite losing. Denver averaged 5.0 yards per play to Atlanta's 4.2 and were only behind because Peyton Manning had an uncharacteristic 1st quarter. If that game was 75 minutes long, Denver probably would have completed the comeback. Washington averaged 6.6 yards per play to Atlanta's 5.2 and was leading until Kirk Cousins had to come in for his first NFL regular season action.

Atlanta is a very good team, but they're not the best team in the league as 13-3 might suggest. Playing at home and coming off a bye is a huge advantage compared to traveling from Seattle to Washington back to Seattle and then to Atlanta in a week, so I'm not suggesting this should be an easy game or a guaranteed win for the Seahawks. But there's good reason that Vegas has the Seahawks as the most likely of the road teams to get a win this weekend.
    jewhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:16 am
  • All the weapons in the world in the passing game doesn't mean much if the QB can't perform under pressure. This has been Ryan's knock. Has he improved? Absolutely. Yet the regular season does not have a single game that is win or go home. That is a crucial difference in pressure.

Taking a read from Greg Cosell, pressure seems to be the one thing Ryan still has trouble with. I am not sure that the pressure in the pocket that Cosell is referring to can be equated to a win or go home situation, but considering Atlanta's past performances in the playoffs, this might indeed be true. This is an area of where I can imagine Sherman getting inside a guy's head. Hey, if Brady can succumb to be goaded into a mistake, I am pretty sure there is a chance Ryan could as well. This isn't a fact, its just something to consider.

While there are no receivers on the Seahawks with big stats for the season, Tate, Baldwin, Rice, and Miller are all very capable guys. Tate in particular is showing up this year with big catches, and no I am not talking about what happen in the Green Bay game. His YAC is crazy at times and he can outright out jump and get the ball against anyone. While our running game is big and known, this is an area I would not under rate if forced to abandon the running game. And the fact is, even if we abandon the running game, with Wilson there, its never really abandoned.

One thing people forget about Browner is that he might get beat, but he certainly knows how to strip a ball. Even with the lose of Clemons, Pete has a lot of different looks and ways of using personnel this team is comfortable with using, even if they haven't used it this year. For example, a very fast, high speed Bandit package.

But what makes me really trust this team is that they can outright out physical anyone. Even if they don't want to be physical.
    madbohem
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:41 am
  • so someone asked what Defenses have we played.

Denver broncos.
    ranked 2 in total
    ranked 3 for passing

Cardinals
    ranked 5 in passing

eagles
    ranked 9 in passing

so what did we do on those games?
    Denver
    - our D kept giving us to good of field position.
    - so matt only had 219
    - white 100+ 1TD
    - Gonzalez 70 1TD
    - Julio 17

Cardinals
    - man did they eat matt up with his bad off day. how many intercepeptions did he throw....but we did win the game.
    - ryan threw for over 300
    - white 100+
    - 5 other people had 20-50 yards.

Eagles
    - Ryan 262
    - julio 100+ 1TD
    - 4 other players with 20 - 40

I only did this for passing. because mainly that is the only thing most of you all are concerned with. also broncos/cardinals have a better passing protection then you do. y'all are bad, just saying.

side note: I am a little shocked y'all are not penalized that much. I know the falcons are #1 at that. we only gave up 650+. but y'all are not bad as well....only 900.
    Fibonacci
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:47 am
  • Fibonacci, Foghorn... how do you feel about Pokemon and Karate? Sorry. Inside joke.

No, you bring some good points. You have some great talents on offense, but Jones, White and Gonzo don't scare me. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean that to be condecending, they obviously concern me because they're great but I think we match up well against them with Sherman and Browner on the WR's and some kind of combo of Chancellor and Wagner on Gonzo. I think they'll be more or less 'contained' (they'll put up stats of course, but nothing gaudy). I absolutely LOVE Michael Turner, but what he brings isn't going to work against this team. Between Alan Branch, Brandon Mebane and Red Bryant, there's just WAY too much beef up front for him to try and plow through.

The guys that DO scare me are Harry Douglass and Jaquizz Rodgers. Douglass is a very good player and we're going to have either a rookie Jeremy Lane or whatever's left of Marcus Trufant covering him in the slot. There could be lots of opportunities to take advantage if we're not careful. Quizzy brings that speed to get around the end and that has been our Achillies heel against the run as of late. Earl and Kam are going to need to be on high alert when that little shit lines up in the backfield because Red has been having problems sealing the end. He's just the type of back that could burn us real bad if we're not careful.

Your defense however does not scare me at all. Not even a little bit. You've got the fat Babineaux, old man Abraham and that's about it. They don't really concern me. We just mopped the floor with the great London Fletcher, who in case you hadn't heard is the greatest defensive player in the history of football.

Really, I think this game is going to be a bit of a shootout. If our defense can slow down the big offensive machine that ATL rolls out and our O can wrack up the time of possession with the run game, we should be able to gut this one out (but we're going to need to put up some big points regardless). I'm definately not looking past the Falcons, they're no joke. I sure am glad that it's in a dome on a synthetic field though. That's a fast track and our defense is built for speed. Expect BIG things from Bruce Irvin. Dude has a big chip on his shoulder and will be looking to put up a big game to silence whatever critics might still be around (too many peole called him "the worst first round draft pick ever" and I think it kinda made him mad).
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:49 am
  • Fibonacci, Foghorn... how do you feel about Pokemon and Karate? Sorry. Inside joke

come back Picha come back.. still waiting to hear from Hogster too.. you won't be forgotten big boy......
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:37 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information