An interesting article by redskins blogger

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Seattle has an aggressive defense with some good speed in the front seven so when they react to a play it is at 100 mph. The defense makes a lot of plays but makes plenty of mistakes. I keep hearing about this dynamic secondary of the Seahawks with people claiming they are a turnover machine.

Sounds nice but reality is the Seahawks have 18 interceptions as a team while the Washington Redskins have 21. Sacks are another area the media wants to talk up ,but the Seahawks have 36 for the season while the Redskins have 31.

Who says you can’t run or throw on the Seahawks?

Seattle is a good team but far from a great one. Sunday can’t come soon enough.

http://httr24-7.com/uncategorized/know- ... -seahawks/

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
That guy is cherry picking hard.

Number one scoring defense. Points are what matter.

ivotuk

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":1vnq7abs said:
Seattle has an aggressive defense with some good speed in the front seven so when they react to a play it is at 100 mph. The defense makes a lot of plays but makes plenty of mistakes. I keep hearing about this dynamic secondary of the Seahawks with people claiming they are a turnover machine.

Sounds nice but reality is the Seahawks have 18 interceptions as a team while the Washington Redskins have 21. Sacks are another area the media wants to talk up ,but the Seahawks have 36 for the season while the Redskins have 31.

Who says you can’t run or throw on the Seahawks?

Seattle is a good team but far from a great one. Sunday can’t come soon enough.

http://httr24-7.com/uncategorized/know- ... -seahawks/

Seattle didn't have the luxury of playing against Tony Romo and Foles/Vick twice. :D

CANHawk

Reaction score
I am getting so sick of hearing people say "RG3". To the point where I don't even use the term anymore. He's Bob Griffen to me...

Seattle_Stunna_MD

Reaction score
Ha Ha Ha, too funny.

Thanks for posting. There is some truthfulness, as all I hear about at work from Skins fans is RGIII all day everyday.

drastik

Reaction score
baltimoreravens":19rhchqj said:
Redskins fans are all delusional, trust me. You try to have an educated conversation with them and all they can do is say RG3 over and over again. This is an entirely accurate demonstration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj-vrLgR1G8
You live in the middle of Redskins Country so I'm sure you know that all Redskins fans aren't delusional.

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":2oppeq8v said:
That guy is cherry picking hard.

Number one scoring defense. Points are what matter.

Everyone cherry picks stats. I came on here a few days ago and said that Redskins are one of the best scoring teams in the league and people were telling me stuff about what defenses we played. New England plays crappy defenses all the time, but you never hear stuff like that.

Not saying we're NE, but just an example of cherry picking stats...

You're good in this area, but...
You're number 1 in this area but....

Both teams fans do this...not just Redskins fans.

Rotoki521

Reaction score
Just trying to see if my memory is correct. Everytime we have played the Redskins in the playoffs we have won.. Am I wrong or is that right? Actually, I specifically remember Leroy Hill sacking the QB while hitting the blocker. He basically tackled 2 people in that play...

baltimoreravens

Reaction score
drastik":92ha29t5 said:
baltimoreravens":92ha29t5 said:
Redskins fans are all delusional, trust me. You try to have an educated conversation with them and all they can do is say RG3 over and over again. This is an entirely accurate demonstration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj-vrLgR1G8
You live in the middle of Redskins Country so I'm sure you know that all Redskins fans aren't delusional.

Not all, but a lot. Every fan base has their crazies, some just more than others.

drdiags

Reaction score
Seems like a decent write-up with an attempt to provide tape analysis. It isn't like he is inventing the issues the team had at Miami. The media does tend to go overboard with the hype machine on some generally accepted ideas. His work looks like what I would see on FieldGulls. I echo his sentiment. Sunday cannot get here soon enough.

One thing about the playoffs. All participants get into their bunker mentality. Cannot show weakness least it gives comfort to the enemy.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
rdskns4eva":3pty3ury said:
Everyone cherry picks stats. I came on here a few days ago and said that Redskins are one of the best scoring teams in the league and people were telling me stuff about what defenses we played. New England plays crappy defenses all the time, but you never hear stuff like that.

Not saying we're NE, but just an example of cherry picking stats...

You're good in this area, but...
You're number 1 in this area but....

Both teams fans do this...not just Redskins fans.

Yes, everyone cherry picks stats. Especially homer fans touting their favorite team. Both the stats they champion, and the stats they dismiss. But it's about the degree that they do so, when calling someone a cherry picker.

Reading this article SCREAMS "Dude who never cared to pay attention to Seattle til this past week, and is now only looking at stats, not watching any game film." Just as I'm sure Skins fans feel when they read Seattle people talk about their team.

There is most definitely stats and trends that are of concern for Seattle. Just as there are for Washington. A blogger finding them and thinking he solved the formula of proving why the other team now is no good is nothing more than a show of original ignorance.

CPHawk

Reaction score
We have played some great teams and beat them, and we lost to crap teams. Our young team didn't get up for the AZ, Detroit or Miami early on in the season, but once they figured it out later in the year they played great vs those crap teams. If Redskin fans want to bring up our team playing up or down to the level of competition and expect the same from them now, that's their issue. Seattle will come out and play at a high level.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
drdiags":119x7nka said:
The media does tend to go overboard with the hype machine on some generally accepted ideas.

This is true.

It's funny how we as fans are always screaming for the national media to recognize our team. Yet when they do, they do so inaccurately.

This writer's premise seems founded on the national media's take on Seattle. "All I keep hearing is about Seattle's interceptions and sacks!" To a Seattle fan, this is an absurdly silly approach. As most of us feel sacks and pass rush is a big problem, and the team didn't start getting turnovers til midway through the seasons.

But, if you are to put yourself in his shoes. His impression on Seattle comes from ESPN and the national pundits. Who due to the 8 sacks of Aaron Rodgers in the first half of the GB game on MNF, ran with the "Seattle's relentless pass rush" angle. I was baffled all year every time I'd hear it touted as a strength for Seattle. Just goes to show how little the national media really pays attention.

I still feel it's an off approach for his article. Looking at stats and realizing that the national media doesn't understand Seattle isn't exactly the "ah ha! they aren't as good as they say they are!" that the writer believes. You could get such info from talking to any Seattle fan. But also get a much better understanding for why Seattle is able to have those deficiencies on defense, yet still only give up 15 pts a game.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Well it's obvious the Hawks don't stand a chance now after that critical analysis has been leaked.

We are just really lucky that the Niners, Pats, Bears, Packers, Cowboys, Rams, Cardinals, Vikings, Jets, Bills and Panthers all didn't know when they played the Hawks.

Cartire

Reaction score
SeaTown81":2xbjqk6x said:
drdiags":2xbjqk6x said:
The media does tend to go overboard with the hype machine on some generally accepted ideas.

This is true.

It's funny how we as fans are always screaming for the national media to recognize our team. Yet when they do, they do so inaccurately.

This writer's premise seems founded on the national media's take on Seattle. "All I keep hearing is about Seattle's interceptions and sacks!" To a Seattle fan, this is an absurdly silly approach. As most of us feel sacks and pass rush is a big problem, and the team didn't start getting turnovers til midway through the seasons.

But, if you are to put yourself in his shoes. His impression on Seattle comes from ESPN and the national pundits. Who due to the 8 sacks of Aaron Rodgers in the first half of the GB game on MNF, ran with the "Seattle's relentless pass rush" angle. I was baffled all year every time I'd hear it touted as a strength for Seattle. Just goes to show how little the national media really pays attention.

I still feel it's an off approach for his article. Looking at stats and realizing that the national media doesn't understand Seattle isn't exactly the "ah ha! they aren't as good as they say they are!" that the writer believes. You could get such info from talking to any Seattle fan. But also get a much better understanding for why Seattle is able to have those deficiencies on defense, yet still only give up 15 pts a game.

QFT. If the only stat that matters is the old W/L, then Points Allowed is the true scale of a defense anyway no matter what they do. They can Sack a ton, turnover a ton, whatever it may be. But in the end, if the points are left off the board, they did their job no matter how they got there.

SkinsGuru

Reaction score
i do believe that Seattle has a good defense, possibly a great one . . . that being said they are very aggressive and that style does play into the hands of the skins offense who are the best misdirection team in the NFL . . . RGIII runs the play action fakes better than anyone . . . many times while watching a Skins game i have been completely fooled as to to has the ball afterwards . . . announcers and analysts alike rave about his play fake for a reason . . . if you are too aggressive you will get burned . . . in order to defend the skins proper gap control must occur or it will be a long day for the defense . . .

Jville

Reaction score
SkinsGuru":2vbexjjt said:
i do believe that Seattle has a good defense, possibly a great one . . . that being said they are very aggressive and that style does play into the hands of the skins offense who are the best misdirection team in the NFL . . . RGIII runs the play action fakes better than anyone . . . many times while watching a Skins game i have been completely fooled as to to has the ball afterwards . . . announcers and analysts alike rave about his play fake for a reason . . . if you are too aggressive you will get burned . . . in order to defend the skins proper gap control must occur or it will be a long day for the defense . . .

Seahawk preparations bear out those perspectives. Gap discipline and being assignment correct are Seahawk points of emphasis going into this game. Seattle also has a good misdirection offense of their own to practice against. Looking forward to the game. :th2thumbs: Looks like an fun matchup.