Life long fan. First time poster.

shawnsim

Reaction score
Given that we are in the playoffs and, are looking to be a force to be reckoned with for years to come, I decided to man up and register on the forums. (which was not easy at all. Damn code.)

Back story: I have loved the Seahawks from age 5 way back in 1976. I had a helmet, shoulder-pads and uniform from the Sears catalog and used to suit up at 6 a.m. on Sunday mornings to kick field goals over tree branches and tackle couch cushions. I remember crying once after the Hawks lost to the Raiders on MNF. I will never forget the look of disgust my Dad gave for me in that situation. Lol. He just didn't get it.

I have been here since the beginning (Gelbaugh excluded) and just want to be a part of something truly remarkable in this years team. Go Hawks, and thank you all for your insightful observations and loyalty to our team.

gargantual

Reaction score
shawnsim":1p4avu26 said:
Thanks everyone. Hopefully I am not a jinx.
Ha, know how you feel. I called in sick to watch the Hawks play in the AFC Championship only to watch them get embarrassed by the Raiders. I felt for years afterwards that I had jinxed them. I also used to pretty much hold my breath during the Holmgren years, particularly in the playoff run to the Superbowl. As a Hawks fan you get used to waiting for the other shoe to fall. My Dad (who's WAY more pessimistic than I am) just said something like that before the last game.

But naaaah. We aren't that team anymore, you can see that. I told my Dad to have faith, and felt confidence while saying it. A new feeling, really! Even though I KNOW the Rams are a damned good team, what's going on right now is special, and something that can be sustained. I'm not going to let my fandom be hesitant anymore. We've already exceeded my hopes for what I thought we could achieve a year ago and all the rest is gravy here on out.

OP
OP
S

shawnsim

Reaction score
Thank you all. I am a believer. This year is the first time that I have serious hope. After 36 years of almosts. I am buying the Kool-Aid now.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
I love your post. I'm the same way. Guess they call it lurking. I was born and raised in the NW and have loved the Hawks since day one as well. My first game as a kid was a MNF game in the Kingdome against the Raiders. I remember everyone wearing their Raider Buster Tees and we beat em. I finally decided to contribute this weekend as well.

Thanks to everyone for your passion and insight. It's awesome to know I'm not alone ESP since I live in the Midwest now and I'm the only Hawk fan most people here have ever known:). Go Hawks Win Forever!

OP
OP
S

shawnsim

Reaction score
I live in Spokane right now but, nearly all Spokanites are rabid Seahawk fans. I love it.

Finally.

OP
OP
S

shawnsim

Reaction score
Timberhawk":3okuimm1 said:
I love your post. I'm the same way. Guess they call it lurking. I was born and raised in the NW and have loved the Hawks since day one as well. My first game as a kid was a MNF game in the Kingdome against the Raiders. I remember everyone wearing their Raider Buster Tees and we beat em. I finally decided to contribute this weekend as well.

Thanks to everyone for your passion and insight. It's awesome to know I'm not alone ESP since I live in the Midwest now and I'm the only Hawk fan most people here have ever known:). Go Hawks Win Forever!

+12345678910.

Thanks for a kind reply.

OP
OP
S

shawnsim

Reaction score
Thank you all for your kindness. The Seahawk nation is truly the best fan base bar none.

Happy new year to all.

Claden

Reaction score
Welcome. :) Pretty awesome people on here. You should enjoy. I'm mostly a lurker, but sometimes I get into posting spurts, then I go back to lurk mode.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Your post hits close to home. My dad got me into football when I was 5 years old in '75. Since we didn't have a team yet, the Dolphins were my team for that year. Once the Seahawks were born in '76, it was on. I had that same helmet & jersey from the Sears catalog, haha. Lurked here a bit through the years & finally decided to join just over a year ago, but as you can see by my 50-some posts, I still do a lot more lurking than posting. This is an awesome site and it's so refreshing to not have to deal with straight up trolls like you do on some other 'Hawk boards. There are some respectful fans from other teams and that's totally cool. Anyway, welcome, Happy New Year and Go 'Hawks!

The Radish

Reaction score
shawnsim":ytpoao7y said:
I live in Spokane right now but, nearly all Spokanites are rabid Seahawk fans. I love it.

Finally.

Sorry my friend, been here 60 years and can tell you there are a strong contingent of Ray-Duh fans here. And according to bumper/window stickers a very large amount of stillirs.

kinesmajor

Reaction score
Welcome. I post about once a year, but this will always be my first spot for Seahawks news and insights