Apparently, Carroll's style works well in the NFL

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
So much for him not being a good coach for NFL players. (I refuse to call it rah-rah, because I never thought that's what it was in the first place.)

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Yeah, there was no way Pete could have any success his second go around in the league.......... :sarcasm_off:

Love having Pete as our coach! :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
Jazzhawk

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Funny, I wrote my post about 10 minutes before I found this gem of an article by Pete's old friend Pat Kirwin. Interesting read......

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/21449654/sunday-six-carrolls-vision-is-2020-for-redhot-seahawks

1: The team in the Great Northwest
Every city in the NFL considering a new stadium for the past 10 years should use the blueprint for Seattle's CenturyLink Field to build a great home field advantage. Not only is the stadium a stroke of genius but so is the construction of this franchise by Pete Carroll and his right hand man, John Schneider. I worked with Pete Carroll for six years and we've remained close friends over the past 22 years. At times I have been reluctant to write about him and his vision for a football team because of it. But after watching the 42-13 win over the 49ers, it's a good time to share what Pete looks for when building a football team.
Carroll preaches competition 24/7. Coaches and players who can't handle that constant opportunity usually conclude his team isn't for them. For those who thrive in an environment that feels like there's a scoreboard on all the time, it becomes just what they were looking for -- a fair chance to excel. Russell Wilson is a perfect example of the true competition that goes on day in and day out at the Seahawks' complex.

Carroll's program is as transparent as an NFL system can be. While some coaches and front offices operate like they care for matters of national security, Carroll is an open book. Crowds at practice and media access are part of the deal. Example: while on last summer's training camp tour with Sirius Radio I stopped at one team facility that wouldn't let us watch practice. Up next was Seattle, where all the practice videos were made available so we would be prepared to watch practice. Not only that, we also were invited right out in the middle of the drills. Also, I had a camera crew from CBS which was given access to the practice field, weight room and any coach or player they wanted to interview. Coach Carroll sat down with the video crew for 30 minutes to talk about his football philosophy. If you haven't been to a Seahawks practice you haven't experienced the essence of Carroll's program. There is music blasting, the speed of the practice is a blur as players get in twice the reps of some other practices. Carroll also is obsessed with trends in the game -- leading to him collecting the biggest secondary in NFL history.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
High praise... well deserved.

Thank god for Pete Carroll, the savior of the Seattle Seahawks.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
And Paul Allen, for bringing in Carroll and letting him pick Schneider.