Do you want Justin Smith to play sunday?

Do you want Justin Smith to play?

• Yes, I want the full strength Niner team, no excuses for fans

Votes: 37 40.7%
  • No, We are missing players and they have just been too healthy

Votes: 54 59.3%

• Total voters

amill87

Reaction score
So I actually vote no.

The Niners have been relatively healthy with their starters the past two years. Since our defense is likely without 3 of our top 4 corners, I wanna level the playing field a bit.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Hell no. I don't give a damn if the entire 49er team comes down with food poisoning and we end up playing their coaching staff. The win is way more important than any "we beat them at full strength!" crap. The win is the only thing keeping the hopes for a division title alive and guaranteeing us a playoff spot.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
There should be a third option, I don't care.

Doesn't matter to me either way if he plays. If he does, great we get a good test for our OL. If he doesn't then I would bank on a win for us. Positives for either scenario so it really doesn't matter to me if he plays.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
It wouldn't be an excuse, not even by a longshot. We'll be missing more players than SF.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Let him play and run the ball straight at him. If they want to risk that elbow for the playoffs I say pound the rock as much as possible. They can lose the game and jeopardize their second most important defender's playoff chances all they like.

OP
OP
amill87

amill87

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":hjdflpms said:
It wouldn't be an excuse, not even by a longshot. We'll be missing more players than SF.

Oh I agree. I hate when anyone pulls that card. But if he doesn't play, I can already hear the Niner fans saying if he played, the game would have a different outcome.

Just like when Lynch broke their streak of no 100 yard rushers and no rushing TDs, it was only done because Willis was out.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2zb3mr02 said:
Let him play and run the ball straight at him. If they want to risk that elbow for the playoffs I say pound the rock as much as possible. They can lose the game and jeopardize their second most important defender's playoff chances all they like.
EXACTLY! If he plays, let's go after him. And after him. And after him. If he is hurt, use it.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Of course I do.. I want Max to put a whoooping on that boy.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Is this a trick question? Good player play, or not play which helps us win? Hmmmm.........

jamsomatic

Reaction score
bestfightstory":11ix6sh5 said:

That's Right!! Lol.

GeorgeKush

Reaction score
justin smith is the best player on that whole team imo. of course we want him out. he makes a difference and that difference could possibly be the deciding factor in this game.

SeaMeat

Reaction score
I voted YES.

I want as little BS to come out of the talking heads as possible. The less that they can say "Seattle won only because of..........." the better for me!

Sac

Reaction score
No, I don't want him to play. Then, I want us to beat them so badly that any mention of Smith not playing just sounds like a lame excuse.

Latest posts