Feed Me Crow Boys!

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Feed Me Crow Boys!
Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:21 pm
  • I still can't shake this shitty feeling that the Seahawks - the clearly better football team - is going to choke in Miami.

Granted, it could be the fears manifesting from all the away games of the past where we lost to inferior teams. And that's A LOT.

(Or it could be the pizza I had for dinner).

Whatever the reason, I want to be SO wrong. I want to wake up in the morning, turn on the TV with my Lynch jersey on, 12th Man flag waving proudly from the driveway, and spend 3 hours watching the Dolphins get absolutely man-handled by a much better football team. I want to see our #2 ranked defense LOOK like a #2 defense. I want punishment. I want what Ken Norton calls "Slobberknocking".

I want Darryl Williams giving last rites to Rickey Dudley material...

I just want to smile Sunday afternoon, knowing the Seahawks are 7-4 and still in the division race and definitely in control of the wildcard.

Is that too much to ask?

I think I know the answer.

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Re: Feed Me Crow Boys!
Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:41 pm
  • I usually have the feeling that we should win but probably won't.

This time i dont really feel that, I actually feel like were gonna dominate this one for some reason
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:51 pm
  • Aros wrote:I still can't shake this shitty feeling that the Seahawks - the clearly better football team - is going to choke in Miami.

Granted, it could be the fears manifesting from all the away games of the past where we lost to inferior teams. And that's A LOT.

Whatever the reason, I want to be SO wrong. I want to wake up in the morning, turn on the TV with my Lynch jersey on, 12th Man flag waving proudly from the driveway, and spend 3 hours watching the Dolphins get absolutely man-handled by a much better football team. I want to see our #2 ranked defense LOOK like a #2 defense. I want punishment. I want what Ken Norton calls "Slobberknocking".

I just want to smile Sunday afternoon, knowing the Seahawks are 7-4 and still in the division race and definitely in control of the wildcard.

Is that too much to ask?

I can't even imagine how big the fine would be for that hit if it happened today. Thing of fricken beauty though.
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:23 am
  • You know, that Williams hit was awesome. But I think the pain level of the Browner hit on Welker was higher. I still can't believe he held onto that ball.

"Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:48 am
  • I would honestly say I felt the same way if we didn't have three distinct things going for us. #1) The Miami trip isn't as exhausting with a week off prior. #2) Miami has never had good pass D, but as of late they haven't been all that fantastic against the run either Greene and Hilliard rushed for 90+, Ballard and carter rushed for 90+, spiller and Johnson both rushed for 100+. #3) Their rookie QB has seemingly finally hit a bit of a rookie wall, playing noticeably worse as of late then our guy.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:20 am
  • I'm not nervous for this one as usual. It's a good sign.
    Russell Wilson doesn't do losing anymore -peachesenregalia, jan 5, 2013
    seahawksfanatic000
    NET Starter

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:25 am
  • Didn't you make a post like this before the Jets game?
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:57 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Didn't you make a post like this before the Jets game?

I sure hope so.

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:39 am
  • This one's in the bag cuz I already tweeted most of the captains and field generals. They got their marching orders to take this road win. Color it done :mrgreen:
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:06 am
  • Todd is starting to get superstitious about wearing his lucky angst.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:21 am
  • I hear you about being nervous heading in to these games Todd -- usually I am. But you want to know what feeling I honestly can't shake? It's the feeling that the Seahawks are going to hang 30-40 points on this Dolphins team ... and that Russell Wilson is going to have a HUGE day.

Now, early in the year Tannehill had his moments when he looked pretty good. For example, this was Tannehill's 1st NFL start against the Texans. That Texans team honestly was the best team that the Dolphins have faced all year. Here are some extended highlights ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWkqVecz0Ok&feature=related

Now, even though Tannehill obviously had his moments in that game -- notice where a lot of his receptions were to: check-downs coming out of the backfield and quick slants. Opposing teams have increasingly done a much better job as the season has gone along of shutting those down. And even though this highlight reel makes Tannehill look fairly good ... they don't highlight the fact that he also threw 3 interceptions in that game and that the Texans hung 30 points on them.

The Dolphins have honestly struggled against good defenses. The best defenses they have faced all year long were the Cardinals (currently ranked #7 overall -- they LOST to them 21-24 in OT) ... and the Bengals (currently ranked #13 -- they WON 17-13, but mainly because of miscues by the Bengals). The 2 teams that the Dolphins HAVE managed to hang 30 points on -- the Raiders and the Jets -- rank #22 and #26 respectively in terms of Total Defense. As I've mentioned many times before .... the Dolphins haven't yet faced a defense the caliber of this Seahawks team.

Frankly, this is a team that looks like it's starting to go in to freefall. They have lost 3 games in a row now, highlighted by this 37-3 absolute pasting by a Titans team (who is arguably one of the worst teams in football) in front of the Dolphins own home crowd ...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000093146/Titans-vs-Dolphins-highlights

They followed up that de-pantsing defeat by losing to an equally bad Bills team 19-14.

I just look at the fact that over the last 3 games this Dolphins defense has allowed ...

Andrew Luck to complete 62.5% of his passes for 433 yards and 2 TD ... AND for the Colts to gain 97 yards on the ground to boot.

Chris Johnson to run wild for 126 Yards and a TD ... AND for Locker to pass for 2 more TD's.

Ryan Fitzpatrick to complete 63% of his passes ... the Bills to gain 120 yards on the ground ... AND for Leodis McKelvin to return a punt for a TD.

Tannehill has thrown 5 interceptions to just 2 TD's over that time frame. In addition, the Dolphins have rushed for an average of just 66 yards/game in those 3 games. That Bills team came in to that game ranked 31st in the league in terms of yards/allowed ... and DEAD LAST in Points Allowed/Game (32 Points/Game). That defense limited the Dolphins to just 184 yards of total offense.

You (Todd) have the feeling that this Seahawks team is going to choke ... ME (Todd) on the other hand has the feeling that this Hawks team is going to CHOKE OUT the Phins today.
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:20 am
  • I'm already enjoying the victory...... :179417:

R.I.P. Brother Les, I'll always know you as Pithy Radish.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:47 am
  • Largent80 wrote:I'm already enjoying the victory...... :179417:

Was it the blue pill or the red one :mrgreen: :th2thumbs:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:59 am
  • Aros wrote:I still can't shake this shitty feeling that the Seahawks - the clearly better football team - is going to choke in Miami.

Is that too much to ask?

I have the same feeling - it's what being a Seahawks fan is all about. You get sucked in with a glimmer of hope - new QB, new coach, great running back...string together a few big wins...think we might have a chance to make the playoffs...and then, boom, drop a head scratcher to a crappy team...I just described about 2 decades worth of football
    My Tapatalk for Ipad is bigger than yours. Size matters.
    MeanBlueGreen
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:14 am
  • The Fins are bad at home. So I feel this is in the bag.

Loved the highlights. Here is a reel I found on the Tube.

Watching this has reminded me why we are superior to the South Fish.

Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:32 am
  • I didn't notice the Darryl thread when I posted him in the forgotten Seahawks thread. LONG LIVE DARRYL WILLIAMS!

Aros wrote:I still can't shake this shitty feeling that the Seahawks - the clearly better football team - is going to choke in Miami.

Is that too much to ask?

bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:36 am
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:You know, that Williams hit was awesome. But I think the pain level of the Browner hit on Welker was higher. I still can't believe he held onto that ball.

The Williams hit is more awesome because Browner has 35 pounds and six inches on Welker where Dudley had six inches and 50 pounds on Williams.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:11 pm
  • Just call me the reluctant soothsayer.

:229031_banghead: :smilie=angry016.gif: :cussing:

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:17 pm
  • Aros wrote:Just call me the reluctant soothsayer.

:229031_banghead: :smilie=angry016.gif: :cussing:

:13:
    My Tapatalk for Ipad is bigger than yours. Size matters.
    MeanBlueGreen
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:39 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information