America's new favourite dish: Crow!

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":np3xdziz said:
So how many of these talking heads will start to actually do their homework from now on? The fact of the matter is that they and the Broncos discounted how damn good this Defense and more importantly this Offense are. And then bought into the wonderment of all that magical Denver offensive hoopla! These are people who get paid vast sums of money to analyze and report on the industry that is the NFL and they could not have possibly gotten it any more wrong! For me the "El Supremo Douchebag de todos los tiempos" of these is Charlie Casserly!

Why would they do their homework?

They got people talking and paying attention by pumping up Manning. The casual fans paid attention because they knew who Peyton Manning was, and the media fed those people what they wanted to hear. They also got Seahawks fans and Manning haters paying attention and posting on messageboards around the nation, "Can you believe what this jackass said?!"

And then when the SB was done, they got people talking and paying attention by admitting their error, so the Seahawks fans could link to their videos and say, "Look at the crow he had to eat!"

Analysis isn't about being RIGHT, folks. It's about getting attention and keeping viewers on the channel.

Hawks46

Reaction score
plyka":4v05tr9w said:
hawksfanohio":4v05tr9w said:
I would love to hear Mark Schlereth eat crow as well.

Schlereth did the right thing. I listened to his podcast yesterday with Sedano or Shedano (forget the other guy's name). All these podcqasts are available on the ESPN app which is pretty cool. Anyway, Mark made a formal apology and said that he allowed his fandom to interfere with his "analysis." No shit homeboy.

Stink usually has very good analysis. I'm glad he admitted he was being a fanboy. That takes a big person to admit it; most pundits won't do it.

Cowherd was talking to Whitlock this morning. Whitlock told him never to be afraid of a prediction and to not be afraid to be wrong. Colin basically admitted he was a snivelling coward about his pick and that he bought into all the Manning hype. Cowherd can be insufferable at times but he does a good job picking and actually has a segment called "Colin was right, Colin was wrong".

seahawksny

Reaction score
plyka":a8gdtzqr said:
hawksfanohio":a8gdtzqr said:

Schlereth did the right thing. I listened to his podcast yesterday with Sedano or Shedano (forget the other guy's name). All these podcqasts are available on the ESPN app which is pretty cool. Anyway, Mark made a formal apology and said that he allowed his fandom to interfere with his "analysis." No shit homeboy.

At least he admitted it. Nobody else did

James in PA

Reaction score
I remember before the NFC championship game, almost every ass clown in the media who picked the niners gave the following reasons for doing so: "They have Crabtree back and they're playing so hot right now." And that folks was the extent of their pathetic breakdown of the game . Sure the Niners gave us a good fight, but you've gotta bring more to the table than "Crabtree" and "they're hot" when making a pick . The media is so damn lazy and pathetic.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Hawks46":1jpz30o7 said:
plyka":1jpz30o7 said:
hawksfanohio":1jpz30o7 said:

Stink usually has very good analysis. I'm glad he admitted he was being a fanboy. That takes a big person to admit it; most pundits won't do it.

Cowherd was talking to Whitlock this morning. Whitlock told him never to be afraid of a prediction and to not be afraid to be wrong. Colin basically admitted he was a snivelling coward about his pick and that he bought into all the Manning hype. Cowherd can be insufferable at times but he does a good job picking and actually has a segment called "Colin was right, Colin was wrong".

out of our 16 wins this year- Schlereth picked us majority of the time.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Bullmeister":kpb3ydaa said:
Antonio Cromartie definitely has some serious eating to do...

Take these gems!

"I don't think Seattle has enough on the defensive side of the ball to cover those guys (Denver WRs)"

"That's what I am really big on, (Seattle's low scoring offense)...Seattle's offense has trouble getting the ball and dink and donk down the field, they can't do that, they live off big plays""

"Denver's O-Line can hold up on that side of he ball (Seahawks front 4)"

And this one from the Stephen Smith who was lapping it all up:

"I don't see any defense holding Denver to less than 24 to 28 points in a game of this magnitude, and I don't see Seattle's offense being able to put up that many."
[youtube]XEGZCf-X0EE[/youtube]

Yeah man, you NAILED it guys! LOL!
Look forward to hearing more intelligent football insights from you panel of experts.

Here is Smith and Bayless eating crow post Superbowl:

[youtube]nYhd0rFVEU0[/youtube]

Seriously, how awesome and fun is it being a 12 right now looking back at what had been said in the weeks before SB XLVIII. :)
I hope the players are lapping this stuff up as well.

Got to love Baldwin's swipe at Cris Carter LOL!

Just watched it- They both admitted they were wrong. AGAIN!!!
I think these two had the same program after.....

SF twice
NO twice
Denver

EXACT SAME PROGRAM- Stephen A saying Brees, Manning and SF were PUNKED by Seattle. Its hilarious!!! Its the same schtick over and over just different QBs and teams. LOVE IT!!!!!- GO HAWKS

Love how he says PUNKED!!!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawksfanohio":3r5203ls said:

You guys have to remember just about EVERY current and ex-player have allegiances, favorites and grudges. Of course Schlereth is going to pick the Broncos, he played for the damn team.

That's why I never understand why some of you guys get so bent out of shape when analysts, players, whoever say something negative against the Hawks. They're NOT experts, they're just not. No more than any of us are, they're just dudes talking to fill time on TV, or dudes writing columns to meet deadlines.

Northhawk

Reaction score
Steve A. in that piece put a lot on crowd noise. I wasn't there but it seemed like the crowd was just loud all the time. While there may have been more 12s than donky-ites, Superbowl crowds are usually just loud and cheer anything because the majority aren't fans of either team and just want to see big plays. It started to sound like a bit of an excuse just like Manning said at his post game presser. If they didn't prepare for a loud crowd, they are morons.

That said, I think the real noise that contributed to the loss was Peton's fear of the "BOOM"!

hawk45

Reaction score
Stephen A and Bayless get no credit for admitting they're wrong. After each event, they act disgusted and shocked at the outcome and appear to have learned their lesson, yet they never apply the lesson in the future. Ditto with Dilfer.

I'm not angry at anyone picking against the Hawks, how do you gauge (for certain) whose numbers are "real" when the teams play such different schedules. But I do take great pleasure in how completely discredited they all are as basically offensive-stats-whores. Who also COMPLETELY failed to see the import of Harvin in the game despite Harvin having a huge and immediate impact on both games he appeared in this season.

Crowd wasn't that big of a factor. Peyton looked like every other elite QB facing the LOB for the first time. Utter shock and horror at the speed and violence that they are seeing across from them. You have no chance when facing the LOB for the first time when we're cranked up (as opposed to mailing it in vs. a Tampa Bay at home). Your only chance is like Kaepernick, see the LOB multiple times a year and at least be able to operate, but still lose the game when it comes down to making a pass play against it.

seahawksny

Reaction score
hawk45":1aw2svwa said:
Stephen A and Bayless get no credit for admitting they're wrong. After each event, they act disgusted and shocked at the outcome and appear to have learned their lesson, yet they never apply the lesson in the future. Ditto with Dilfer.

I'm not angry at anyone picking against the Hawks, how do you gauge (for certain) whose numbers are "real" when the teams play such different schedules. But I do take great pleasure in how completely discredited they all are as basically offensive-stats-whores. Who also COMPLETELY failed to see the import of Harvin in the game despite Harvin having a huge and immediate impact on both games he appeared in this season.

Crowd wasn't that big of a factor. Peyton looked like every other elite QB facing the LOB for the first time. Utter shock and horror at the speed and violence that they are seeing across from them. You have no chance when facing the LOB for the first time when we're cranked up (as opposed to mailing it in vs. a Tampa Bay at home). Your only chance is like Kaepernick, see the LOB multiple times a year and at least be able to operate, but still lose the game when it comes down to making a pass play against it.

You wrote-
"Stephen A and Bayless get no credit for admitting they're wrong. After each event, they act disgusted and shocked at the outcome and appear to have learned their lesson, yet they never apply the lesson in the future. Ditto with Dilfer."

This is whats comical about the media. you would think sooner or later they would analyze and say "maybe these guys are actually pretty good." but they dont. Thats whats funny about the whole media circus. Im not sure if its like this with other teams, maybe it is, but the bias with us is just so magnified

hawk45

Reaction score
To me what it comes down to is, the media thought Russell Wilson was Alex Smith. They discounted the defenses we played late in the year, discounted the fact that we were missing both our #1 WRs, and were comfortable in the assessment of Russell as a game manager unable to win a shoot-out with Manning (who they also severely overestimated, as well as the entire AFC).

The funny thing is, Kaepernick was non-functional without his #1 WR, so they just SAW this lesson in action during the regular season, yet they still couldn't crack the code.

They watched the AFCC, and appeared to completely miss the 3 yards of space around the Denver WRs at all times and the lack of tackling, and how that led to a paltry 26 points. Simultaneously they must have forgotten every single play of the Seattle Seahawks 2013 defense, because anyone who remembered a single play was sitting there saying "no way do those ducks flutter in there with wideouts being cut in half by Kam or covered more tightly than not-at-all."

I get that they have to pump up storylines, and yes analysis is in-part about creating drama, but it has to be about more than that if you want to remain credible, and that is why these guys will get tuned out by any fan who has a modicum of sense. Even casual fans right now are saying "holy crap someone who knows NOTHING about football could have done better."

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
I don't have the numbers to back this up, but I think more zoo animals got the prediction right, than did the talking heads. :D

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":dvogkhrz said:
hawksfanohio":dvogkhrz said:

You guys have to remember just about EVERY current and ex-player have allegiances, favorites and grudges. Of course Schlereth is going to pick the Broncos, he played for the damn team.

That's why I never understand why some of you guys get so bent out of shape when analysts, players, whoever say something negative against the Hawks. They're NOT experts, they're just not. No more than any of us are, they're just dudes talking to fill time on TV, or dudes writing columns to meet deadlines.

Nobody is getting bent out of shape about his pick to win based on his allegiance to Denver, it's more about him using national tv to sag basically that the legion of boom cheats and for the refs and anyone else to watch for it.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
What cracks me up was all the references to others giving the Bronco players advice on how to beat the Hawks. I didn't remember any coverage where a player offered their input on how to beat the Broncos.

There were a few that felt the Hawks could win because of the right reasons. Good tackling and that. But you didn't see any "Brady has input on how to torch Denver".

There was a consensus that Seattle was the "bad guy" and all the Kaepernick/Eli stuff amounted to nothing.

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1yw978yk said:
What cracks me up was all the references to others giving the Bronco players advice on how to beat the Hawks. I didn't remember any coverage where a player offered their input on how to beat the Broncos.

There were a few that felt the Hawks could win because of the right reasons. Good tackling and that. But you didn't see any "Brady has input on how to torch Denver".

There was a consensus that Seattle was the "bad guy" and all the Kaepernick/Eli stuff amounted to nothing.

I noticed that too. Even more of a reason to give Seattle that "us against the world" mentality. The Seahawks didn't need anyone's "advice". They knew what they had to do and did it and did it well. Hopefully Kaepernick will continue to give his "advice" to every team we play next year. Knowing him he probably will. Oh yeah that and our defense is "scared" of Crabtree and the 49ers juggernaut offense.

Wartooth

Reaction score
The media just did what the media does...Take everything at face value, go with the flow, don't rock the boat.
They spent the whole week after the conference round bashing Sherm for spouting off, and due to their 'disgust' for Sherm, never really bothered to analyze the NFCCG game.
They spent the whole media week nuzzling Pey-Pey's nutz, and attacking Marshawn for ignoring them and their blather!
These 'experts' have become so lazy that they think having great stats will win the game, and it does...In fantasy football!
They won't all of the sudden change after being so very wrong about this game.
Because just like everything else that is screwed up in our country, no one is held accountable when they completely screw up!
They'll just keep stumbling along, doing substandard work, getting paid, and no one will care about any of it a month from now.
Simply put, the media believed their own fabricated noise...And I think the Donko's did too!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":nlzqddbz said:
I'll give Schlereth and Tom Jackson a bit of a pass in that they bleed orange and blue being ex-Broncos. Although a little more objectivity would be nice. At least Jackson admitted his bias and he was extremely complimentary after the game. I had a smile on my face just listening to Stephen A talk about the game.

The first sign before the game that the talking heads didn't know anything about Seattles D was when they would speculate about Sherman being on Thomas. Anyone familiar at all with the team would know without having to ask them that Sherman plays on the left side and outside of Week 2 the D does not employ the strategy of corners moving around to match-up.

This totally true. Just as was said in our question and answer with the Denver Bronco fans prior to the game. I stated that we would probably not do match up, we would do area of where they came in and then dominate. No Zone for the loss, but matchup as they came in range. That is the nature of our team.

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: