Marshawn Lynch playing hurt?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Marshawn Lynch playing hurt?
Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:04 am
  • He definitely seemed playing hurt. While he ran for a TD, I could not stop noticing that he was having back problems and limping. Maybe thats why they abandoned the run that we normally run in the second quarter to wear out teams. I am guessing ball possession was lower due to this and gave Detroit more plays to score points.
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran

Re: Marshawn Lynch playing hurt?
Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:12 am
  • Isn't that why we drafted Turbin? He's more than capable of giving Marshawn a break if he needs it. The lions front line just are really, really good.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:12 am
  • Lynch has been playing with a bad back since at least last season. They take care of it and he has occasional flare ups like he did when he missed the Browns game last season.

I think the reason we went away from the run was because the Lions front 4 are so good, and there's only so many times you can get away with running sweeps with guys who aren't really built for speed.

I would have liked to seen Washington get a few runs and see if he could hit those corners outside a little faster. He's the closest thing we have to a speed back, but that never happened.

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:13 am
  • That's what I was saying yesterday when somebody was griping about his lack of carries after the TD. He seemed VERY hurt, either in the ribs or back. It was clear as day. As somebody who has broken a rib in a game and blown 5 discs in their back, I have done that exact same movement he was doing yesterday and the second I saw him come to the sideline I said "ribs or back". I've lived it for years in the back now, but it's hard to tell in the game without getting a report from the sideline. He's obviously much more hurt than letting on. Just my guess is that he has a bulging disc. That's usually how you'll move when that happens. He seems in genuine pain. Turbin then hurt his leg too and M-Rob and Leon were our RB's. We were so short on guys that Turbin was playing WR in the 4th quarter and we'd go empty backfield because Marshawn was hurt so bad. It wouldn't surprise me if he is out for a while considering how much he was wincing with each step. Marshawn is a tough SOB. There is no way he was at even 60% yesterday.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:16 am
  • -The Glove- wrote:Isn't that why we drafted Turbin? He's more than capable of giving Marshawn a break if he needs it. The lions front line just are really, really good.

Turbin hurt his leg quite badly when he came in for Lynch after the big TD. He was grabbing at his quad and hip area and was having a hard time even getting into the huddle. They used him as little as possible and tried to get it loosened up. Eventually he came back in and basically was being used as a decoy at WR, but his leg was hurting and it looked very painful.
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:30 pm
  • The bye week cannot get here soon enough.Training camp,4 preseason games and then 10 games until the bye week.We will need it big time to get guys needed rest/healthy.
    canzag
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:37 pm
  • right before the drive to end the half, lynch left the field and was walking into the locker room. he looked hurt
    Russell Wilson doesn't do losing anymore -peachesenregalia, jan 5, 2013
    seahawksfanatic000
    NET Starter

Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:04 pm
  • He did looked hobbled during the game. Hopefully nothing major. Turbin looked good in his limited carries even though Lions were penetrating the middle all day.
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:50 pm
  • Simmons made this point about other teams playing Thursday Night games and getting hit by injuries big time. Baltimore being one of those teams. Every player in the NFL has injuries (pretty much) - when you don't get enough time between games such as the Thursday night game they get aggrevated more and it doesn't matter that you had 10 day lay-off they flare up quickly......
    2014 inagural .net Survivor pool CHAMPION
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:01 pm
  • Thursday night games are a joke unless they go to the format I think Simmons suggested (which is probably what you're talking about here mikeak) where every team has 2 bye weeks, and one of their byes is the week prior to their Thursday game. Then they play Thursday, and not again until a week from that Sunday. That gives them a week plus to prepare, and a week plus to recuperate. That way all teams have it level going into Thursday games and coming out of Thursday games. It just makes the product better. The NFL would be much more well served by seeking a 2nd bye rather than seeking 18 games. I don't want 18 games. I want 16 games with healthy guys. This is the way to do it.

I think no matter what 2 byes just makes a lot of sense, as long as you're judicious in how you give them out (no big advantages to 'certain teams' in the weeks they are set up), and the extra long time for Thursday game prep will make the Thursday games better due to teams coming out ready to play from sitting for a week and a half and also knowing that they will get another bye at some point (or already had one). It just makes too much sense, which is probably the only reason Gooddell hasn't done it. If he had thought of it, it would have happened.
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:29 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information