49ers going to league about Seahawks' physical CBs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellyfat

Reaction score
Sherman and Browner locked up Niners receivers Kyle Williams, Michael Crabtree and Randy Moss, taking some liberties within the five yards of the line of scrimmage where contact is permissible.

"I wouldn't use the words, 'locked up,'" Harbaugh said Friday, via CSNBayArea.com. "We'll take that up with the officials (NFL office) and get their view of it."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... ysical-cbs

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Harbaugh... what a hypocrite:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=53486

"Kevin Gilbride's outrageous, irrational statement regarding Justin Smith's play is, first, an absurd analogy," Harbaugh said. "Second, it is an incendiary comment targeting one of the truly exemplary players in this league. It's obvious that the Giants coaching staff's sole purpose is to use their high visibility to both criticize and influence officiating."

manders2600

Reaction score
Seattle's corners got away with a lot, in the first half especially. Ultimately, when you play overly physical past 5 yards as a CB, it makes you easier to block, because you have to actively disengage to tackle a runner or support the short passing game.

This was the adjustment San Francisco made at half-time, and it worked.

drdiags

Reaction score
Smart play on his part. Our DBs were engaging the WRs past 5 yds but the refs have started to let them play. Now Harbaugh is trying to affect their effectiveness. We will see next game if the league has listened. As far as Justin Smith holding OL players, it would be upon Pete to return the gamesmanship by putting together tape on Smith and submitting it to the league.

I think the chances for defensive holding/pass interference by the DB being called is more likely than defensive holding by the DT. This could basically make Sherman and Browner ineffective. That's his right to complain. Same with the Clemons facemask penalty on Smith. That probably draws a fine from the league as well.

There is no love lost. Just folks looking for an edge. Don't agree but he is protecting his players and trying to weaken an opponent for the rematch. Return the favor if you can.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The dude's (Harbaugh) got issues. Hate to be one of his family members.

ensett

Reaction score
Yeah I really don't think Harbaugh is a good person, but he is a good coach. Kinda glad they didn't get Peyton, that team would be unbeatable

two dog

Reaction score
Jim Har-baw is the biggest whiner in the history of the universe.

Because of the fear of injury, the game seems to be evolving so
that hard hits, not illegal hits, hard hits will be outlawed.

I hate to paraphrase a Stealer, but Jack Lambert would suggest
that they wear skirts and ballerina slippers.

mikeak

Reaction score
Is he going to discuss the HUGE PI non-call against Tate at the same time? You know the one that would easily be called in any BASKETBALL game........... clearly cutting off the WR and then falling down which somehow wasn't called........

mikeak

Reaction score
two dog":37q89f6o said:

Different subject. There were not hard hits or hits to the head here. The complaint is illegal holding etc

Meeker

Reaction score
It went both ways. How about when Tate got shoved out of bounds when he was streaking down the sideline?

kearly

Reaction score
Seattle's DBs got away with murder well after five yards. Harbaugh may be a massive douche-canoe, but he's right to complain.

On the plus side, our DBs are actually getting away with contact calls these days. Last year Browner was getting flagged for giving dirty looks.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
mikeak":32ngkg5a said:
two dog":32ngkg5a said:

Different subject. There were not hard hits or hits to the head here. The complaint is illegal holding etc

Yes, and BOTH sides were getting away with it,,BOTH sides

seedhawk

Reaction score
Yet, Frisco's Db's never initiated contact after 5 yards, or held, or anything else unsportmanlike, cuz Harbawl is their coach and will not tolerate it!

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
Revis plays the same way and nobody says a word because he's Revis and he's a great corner. I hate to break it to douchebag Harbaugh, but physicality is part of FOOTBALL! Revis is great just like Browner and Sherman because they know how to frustrate receivers. It's a huge part of the game. If good corners can't actually play physical and "cover" receivers, it might as well be flag football or games with scores like 70 - 60.

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
JSeahawks":305vh90t said:
Soppie":305vh90t said:

And he whines like this when they win. Just imagine if they would have lost.

I just read the article. That is ridiculous. If the league actually listen to these whiny douchebags, then there's a real problem. This is unreal. I try really hard not to complain, but this is just so messed up I don't even have the words. He has some nerve making excuses for Green Bay and New England as well as his own bitching and moaning. I guess Seattle should bring up all the holding on Clemons too. I see it multiple times every game and it's never called against the league's favorites. I don't see this kind of stuff brought up to the league when it's one of the league's favorite east coast teams. What a damn hypocrite.

I know this is a lot of ifs, ands, or buts, but I can see it now, at least three or four illegal contact, pass interference, and defensive holding calls per game. Then even more in the December game against SF.

amill87

Reaction score
Lol.

So when someone calls out one of his players for possibly playing outside the rules, he goes nuts defending him but if his opponent does something, he needs to run to the league like a child to their mother?

I don't know when it will happen (I suspect a few years) but Harbaugh is going to absolute lose it one of these days (it will be really entertaining) and I think it start his career spiraling down out of control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts