It's time to open up the Offense

General Manager

Reaction score
No more running plays on 3rd and 4 at the 12 down in the red zone, and more pass play's on first and second down. The play calling at the end of the half and at the start of the third are unacceptable.

VHawk

Reaction score
Shut up already. The offense came out and won this game when it was their turn to make plays and you still want to bitch and moan,get over yourself dude.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
I thought the playcalling was very good in this game. Conservative but calculated. The trick play with Rice passing to Tate was outstanding. PC's decision to punt with 2:40 left in the game had me thinking we lost but man this team has so much resolve. Great call on PC's part.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
We need a game like this. Teams would continue to stack the box until we could show we could pass effectively. I think we did that pretty well.

aku

Reaction score
How many more pass plays do you want on second down? It's already at about 50%. I haven't looked at the numbers yet but it seemed like 1st down hd to be at least 35% passing. If I could change just one thing about the offense, it would still be those empty sets on 3rd and short. We could at least pretend we might run on 3rd and 3. It's not like our RBs can't leak into the flat on those plays, either.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Game management all around at he end of the half was terrible. You basically concede that you would rather shut it down and go to halftime. That amount of time left you should try to at least get a field goal.

Other than that, it was a great game for us.

Rainger

Reaction score
I have never never agreed with GM before but I agree that in the 2nd and 3rd I thought that play calling was not as good as 1st and 4th. Yes we got a win I am sooooo stoked but I still have some issues with some of the calls. I was sitting here calling 75 % percent of the plays before they happened to my girl friend.. If I can do it so can the opposition.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
VHawk":3553sfj9 said:
Shut up already. The offense came out and won this game when it was their turn to make plays and you still want to bitch and moan,get over yourself dude.

The offense was completely inept for the 2nd and 3rd quarters. They cannot play like that every game and be successful. New England's defense is not very good. They certainly looked good in the 2nd and 3rd quarters though. I am happy with the win and with the gut check comeback. I just think that overall, the offense has to pick it up a couple of notches.
We shall see Thursday night if they can do that. Go 'Hawks!

zhawk

Reaction score
i'm sure she appreciated that, i know my wife does :sarcasm_off:

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
I have to agree, the play calling in the 2nd and 3rd quarters did seem extremely conservative and we really did go into "play not to lose and keep it close" mode. I would really like to see them open it up more and be more aggressive at least until we get a good lead in the middle of the game. I have faith it will improve as we go but I think it is time to unchain Dangeruss and let him roll.

VHawk

Reaction score
No team plays perfect in every quarter.New England was a flipping Super Bowl team and has one of the best coaches period.Did you think we were gonna hang 50 points in the first quarter?You might want to look at how this team plays as a team and never gives up no matter what.We have a rookie QB that has us at 4-2 right now and growing up quickley.We just beat the Pats and I bet not one of you believed we could or would and you are complaining about our playcalling and offensive struggles,why dont you check yourself as a fan......

zhawk

Reaction score
VHawk":n5xhtndq said:
No team plays perfect in every quarter.New England was a flipping Super Bowl team and has one of the best coaches period.Did you think we were gonna hang 50 points in the first quarter?You might want to look at how this team plays as a team and never gives up no matter what.We have a rookie QB that has us at 4-2 right now and growing up quickley.We just beat the Pats and I bet not one of you believed we could or would and you are complaining about our playcalling and offensive struggles,why dont you check yourself as a fan......

this!!!

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Good call...I totally forgot that we are lesser fans because we love our team so much we would like see them play even better. Maybe you should check your own fandom, hmm.

On a side note, nobody is saying they did not appreciate the win or the way they played; only that we would like to see the O be allowed to go full out more and be allowed to score more points assuring the win rather than squeeking out a win where that has a bigger chance of failing. I have been 100% supportive of RW, even stating he is a rookie learning the game and is going to have ups and downs. Every QB makes mistakes and I am thrilled w/ the way has been improving constantly. And wth am I wasting my time responding to this non sense.......

Latest posts