Pete’s not going anywhere

Hass2Carlson

Reaction score
And certainly not before this season is over so it’s a waste of time talking about it. Rephrasing the same thing over and over again gets nauseating. We get it , you want a new coach. Go start researching the draft and go away. If you think another coach and GM would have gotten us here from where we started in August, I want what YOU’RE smoking. Try and enjoy the ride- you’re missing a good time

2_0_6

Reaction score
Do people really think a change would be made during the playoffs? Geezus, some people need meds.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
And coincidentally, neither is this team.

Too bad, because I think Wilson could do a lot better given the chance to play with a good OC.

D

DomeHawk

TwistedHusky":2eq1jtgm said:

Too bad, because I think Wilson could do a lot better given the chance to play with a good OC.

^^^^Yep, been saying this for a long time.

NJlargent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3ljh0pbx said:

Our defense isn’t going anywhere either.

Seymour

Reaction score
NJlargent":1vbpste7 said:
TwistedHusky":1vbpste7 said:

Our defense isn’t going anywhere either.

Sure they are!!

Backwards giving up 7 every time the offense scores.....all.......year........long. :pukeface:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
To be fair, Pete's stubborn old school football works because most teams have transitioned their way out of it.

So they struggle to stop it in the regular season.

The regular season can be fun.

Just be ready for regularly underachieving in the playoffs. If that is ok, you'll be fine.

It still feels like we could win playoff games if our coach bothered to play first halves and/or used his MVP candidate QB more effectively.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
This is an 11-5 team that missed 12-4 and a division championship by 2 millimeters..

People can certainly complain about the inefficiencies in game planning and clock management. Its hyperbolic to make this team out like they just went 6-10.

The system works because its been the most effective and consistent way to win football games for decades. Noone has proved that differently.. and the Patriots are not much different.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
The defense used to be bend but not break , but now, except for some occasional brilliances, not only it bends, it breaks all over the place, from the D line to linebackers to secondary.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1c6mbe01 said:

Sure he could do better and that’s if you prefer madden like stats over winning actual football games. No one can argue that since Pete has been the Seahawks coach they have one of the best overall records in the NFL.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Uncle Si":27l02dmp said:
This is an 11-5 team that missed 12-4 and a division championship by 2 millimeters..

People can certainly complain about the inefficiencies in game planning and clock management. Its hyperbolic to make this team out like they just went 6-10.

The system works because its been the most effective and consistent way to win football games for decades. Noone has proved that differently.. and the Patriots are not much different.

Several millimeters in multiple games from being 6-10 or worse.

kmeleon

Reaction score
Aw Mang":2v9t1lhj said:
The defense used to be bend but not break , but now, except for some occasional brilliances, not only it bends, it breaks all over the place, from the D line to linebackers to secondary.

The defense was really a complete rebuild, so when you think of it from that perspective and the year this team has had they're actually ahead of schedule as far as being competitive goes. Nobody thought they had much of a playoff chance this year. I see the D as "half shored" up this year with Diggs coming in, Flowers and Griffin improving, etc. We need to find a pass rush. Will Clowney still be here? Who knows, but JS and PC will be surely looking for the right pieces to solidify the D because if they do they'll have a real shot at a SB next year.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3kz4xwnr said:

THIS ^^ !!

AKSeahawks

Reaction score
Not asking for a new head coach, just asking for him to add and renovate his philosophy and his coaching style. Its been the same since he's been here and sadly to say for being 68 years old and keeping his coaching style for the past 10 years I don't see him changing. How about not just finishing the game but also starting it. We had 80 yards in the first half this game. How about calling plays that benefits your players instead of RUN, RUN, PASS on offense. Rushing only four and playing vanilla defense with DBs who cant cover. Shooting ourselves on the foot with bad time management and bad discipline. We had an opportunity to control our own destiny these past two games to get a first round bye, heal our players, game plan, and play a home game but nope, pete gets too cute and out coach like he always does, hoping every time Russell makes a comeback to bail him out. He's been a great motivator but terrible head coach for this franchise.

sutz

Reaction score
AKSeahawks":2tv9nnyh said:
Not asking for a new head coach, just asking for him to add and renovate his philosophy and his coaching style. Its been the same since he's been here and sadly to say for being 68 years old and keeping his coaching style for the past 10 years I don't see him changing. How about not just finishing the game but also starting it. We had 80 yards in the first half this game. How about calling plays that benefits your players instead of RUN, RUN, PASS on offense. Rushing only four and playing vanilla defense with DBs who cant cover. Shooting ourselves on the foot with bad time management and bad discipline. We had an opportunity to control our own destiny these past two games to get a first round bye, heal our players, game plan, and play a home game but nope, pete gets too cute and out coach like he always does, hoping every time Russell makes a comeback to bail him out. He's been a great motivator but terrible head coach for this franchise.
So, you don't want a "new coach," you just want Pete to totally change his philosophy and style of coaching to something you think is better?

Ok, sure.

:34853_doh:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Pete needs to evolve, or at least his coaching philosophies do.
Pissing away quarters and half at the beginning of games is a piss poor plan.
Shows how bad the game planning, preparation, and how play calling is.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I am frustrated with the way he seems to make these totally absent minded decisions at the end of halves and games overthinking and using the emotional edge too much at the most unfortunate moments. With that said the organization overall is blessed to have him this has been the best decade in Seahawks History frankly a god send to an organization that needed a positive spirit and swagger IMHO. I’ll take another 10 just like it please . Yes I hope these bone headed decisions just stop . But I most certainly am not jumping of Pete’s train any time soon all aboard!!!

chris98251

Reaction score
Needs to release so much control and let his OC and DC do their jobs, and fix the damn communication issues, again I feel that too much has to go through him and in critical times he is trying to process a lot of stuff unnecessarily.

Those can be fixed.

If your looking for 500 yards of offense and 45 points a game to be satisfied then your going to be disappointed.

Your on the wrong site, that's Seahawks Fantasy.Net.

Latest posts