Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pete’s not going anywhere

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: Pete’s not going anywhere
Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:56 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:This is an 11-5 team that missed 12-4 and a division championship by 2 millimeters..

Holy crap don't use metric - if people can't figure out why Pete should stay, the metric system is well beyond their reach.
    KiwiHawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:00 pm
  • Pete reminds me a lot of Knox, almost everything he does mirrors him, the one difference is he at least trusts Wilson to throw the ball Safely, Knox wanted to pound till there was no choice or no Running Backs.

Knox hated to trust a QB to win for him, Pete will trust Wilson when the teams back is against the wall but not early to win as some say in the first quarter.

Knox didn't adjust the teams play for the playoffs much and adapt to counter a team strengths, Pete doesn't do that well either, as we all know his defense was so dominant it was able to match up with just about any scheme, we don't have that type of defense today.

Trusting Wilson and when you find something that works use it till they can stop it is the key I think, how many times do we see a series where we do something in the first quarter or half and it works and we score but never go back to it again.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:53 am
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    12AngryHawks wrote:
    getnasty wrote:Can someone tell what a good coach is? Outside of BB who is a good coach and why?

John Harbaugh & Sean Payton, I think are good examples of good head coaches.....

And each have the same number of Super Bowl wins as Pete. Payton has one of the all-time greatest QBs ever and runs the exact kind of system John63 and others here want to see the Seahawks run yet he's made fewer playoff appearances in the last 10 years than Pete has. I will agree Harbaugh was hamstrung by Flacco but results still speak for themselves. Those are facts folks. Look 'em up.

hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:25 pm
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    12AngryHawks wrote:
    getnasty wrote:Can someone tell what a good coach is? Outside of BB who is a good coach and why?

John Harbaugh & Sean Payton, I think are good examples of good head coaches.....

And each have the same number of Super Bowl wins as Pete. Payton has one of the all-time greatest QBs ever and runs the exact kind of system John63 and others here want to see the Seahawks run yet he's made fewer playoff appearances in the last 10 years than Pete has. I will agree Harbaugh was hamstrung by Flacco but results still speak for themselves. Those are facts folks. Look 'em up.

I'm sorry, was I supposed to say more than I've already said? All I said was Harbaugh & Payton were good coaches. Can you argue with that? People seem to think I'm singing their praises while pleading for PC to be fired. Read my words again if you're confused. There's no need to get so defensive just because I shared an opinion.
    12AngryHawks
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:58 pm
  • 12AngryHawks wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    12AngryHawks wrote:

I'm sorry, was I supposed to say more than I've already said? All I said was Harbaugh & Payton were good coaches. Can you argue with that? People seem to think I'm singing their praises while pleading for PC to be fired. Read my words again if you're confused. There's no need to get so defensive just because I shared an opinion.

Really wasn't directed your way, more in general because those are 2 of the better HCs in the NFL and Pete stacks up very well against them and everyone else not names Belichick.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:11 pm
  • Really wasn't directed your way, more in general because those are 2 of the better HCs in the NFL and Pete stacks up very well against them and everyone else not names Belichick.

I agree, that was basically my point, I wasn't saying they were overall better than PC, just in certain aspects. The wins speak for themselves, Pete's philosophy is a big reason why, but Pete falls short in those aspects I said Payton and Harbaugh excelled more in. What we see on the field is not the only part of being a head coach, and the other parts are a reason why we get frustrated with Pete so many times.

My apologies if I misdirected your post, I just felt like keeping the argument alive was unnecessary at this point.
    12AngryHawks
    NET Starter

Previous

It is currently Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:39 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information