If we beat the Vikings I think we lose next week

seabowl

Reaction score
Look the Viking game is huge either way but if we win I think we are due for a letdown next week vs the Rams. Division opponent, looking for revenge from earlier loss this year, fighting for playoff life. Hawks coming off big win on a short week and traveling.

I hope I'm wrong but all the ingredients for the perfect storm.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
I see where you are coming from. I think it is more likely we lose tomorrow and win against the rams. I hope we win both though.

evergreen

Reaction score
Wow, not exactly true believers eh? We're playing on MNF at home for 1st place. Historical evidence is strongly on ur side. This is Wilson MVP time. Our D is completely different with Diggs and McDougald. This is the new era of greatness. Funny how Earl is with Baltimore and they're awesome, Sherm is with San Francisco and they're awesome, and Russ and Bobby are here and we're awesome. The four HOFers are still crushing it.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
LastRideOut":3gs84ac1 said:
I see where you are coming from. I think it is more likely we lose tomorrow and win against the rams. I hope we win both though.

Me too. We were in the same spot last year. We played MN in a huge spot on Monday night at home and won. Traveled the next week to SF a team we beat earlier and ended up losing the game. Just a lot to overcome vs the Rams.

chris98251

Reaction score
zchurch74":30mf299n said:
Adam Theilein out really helps us.

I actually hate it when Stars are out most times, they bring in someone unknown who always seems to put up HOF numbers on us.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Because of the way we've been squeaking by teams (that others are dominating) I have been expecting a loss nearly every subsequent week. But ALSO because of the way we've been squeaking by everyone we play I'm learning to expect that late game miracle every time out. Doesn't seem possible, but I sure hope we can keep it up.

olyfan63

Reaction score
chris98251":1ltletr9 said:
zchurch74":1ltletr9 said:
Adam Theilein out really helps us.
I actually hate it when Stars are out most times, they bring in someone unknown who always seems to put up HOF numbers on us.

Yes, absolutely true, but only at the QB position.

If it's just a WR, the backup doesn't tend to torch us. Besides the many backup QBs that have put up HOF numbers (Nick Mullins being the most recent one springing to mind, of many; Saints backup Teddy Bridgewater did good but not HOF and he is a former starter)

Refresh my memory... what non-QB backups have torched us during the Pete Carroll era?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Appyhawk":3lmahj24 said:
Because of the way we've been squeaking by teams (that others are dominating) I have been expecting a loss nearly every subsequent week. But ALSO because of the way we've been squeaking by everyone we play I'm learning to expect that late game miracle every time out. Doesn't seem possible, but I sure hope we can keep it up.

Pete Carroll FUGLY wins, baby! In those close wins, we've typically outplayed our opponent but gifted them chances to get back in. Granted, we've been twice blessed with missed FGs in games we wound up winning.

I think the key point here is that our team has gotten BETTER as the season has gone on. Each week, it's been a little better version of the team on the field, lately including our D. It's irrelevant how badly SF beat some of the teams we squeaked by. We brought our A game to SF. This group has a special chemistry. The Seahawks deserve to be exactly where they are. Just enjoy it.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Add this flu bug many on the team have and it's a daunting task. Hawks favored by 2.5 but if I had to bet it Id' take the Lambs. Hawks on a fantastic run but up against a lot right now.

sutz

Reaction score
seabowl":1k6lw1st said:
Add this flu bug many on the team have and it's a daunting task. Hawks favored by 2.5 but if I had to bet it Id' take the Lambs. Hawks on a fantastic run but up against a lot right now.
Hawks by 2.5? I think I'd give the points on that one. ;)

SeaWolv

Reaction score
LastRideOut":3dzug6yl said:

I hope we win both but with the win last night I'm worried about them playing in LA this Sunday. The Rams are wounded but they're not out of it yet at 7-5. The Hawks could drop this next game and still be OK for the playoffs but with such a hard fought victory over the Vikes and home field advantage in their sights I'd think they'd come out with some passion.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
seabowl":b8mbzqrw said:

Seems there is always a mountain to climb. Rams are teetering on the brink of 2019 oblivion. Their backs are against the wall and they are desperate. Any team in that situation poses a threat. Besides that the Rams/Seahawk games have always been rivalry style affairs.
Once again vs the Vikes our guys found a way, despite a number of unfortunate events. I expect no less coming up vs the Rams. Just hoping we can buck the law of averages and keep doing what we're doing.

sutz

Reaction score
Appyhawk":1cjgp77x said:
seabowl":1cjgp77x said:

Seems there is always a mountain to climb. Rams are teetering on the brink of 2019 oblivion. Their backs are against the wall and they are desperate. Any team in that situation poses a threat. Besides that the Rams/Seahawk games have always been rivalry style affairs.
Once again vs the Vikes our guys found a way, despite a number of unfortunate events. I expect no less coming up vs the Rams. Just hoping we can buck the law of averages and keep doing what we're doing.
Meh, the Hawks practice that situation every day. Their attitude is "go 1-0 this week" and "the only game that matters is the one in front of us."

Seattle is the better team. We got this. :snack:

As for the "law of averages" argument, in Vegas I believe the mantra is to bet the streak. :twisted:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
When I was looking at our remaining schedule a couple weeks ago, the Rams game was the one game I thought we'd drop.

Shorter week for us and Rams are fighting for their playoff lives. This is it for them if they don't win, they're not going to catch the Vikings if they lose. So we're going to see a VERY motivated Rams team Sunday night.

I have no idea how beating the Vikings correlates to this, but the sentiment is real. Really tough game.

niveky

Reaction score
seabowl":3slphqof said:
Look the Viking game is huge either way but if we win I think we are due for a letdown next week vs the Rams. Division opponent, looking for revenge from earlier loss this year, fighting for playoff life. Hawks coming off big win on a short week and traveling.

sunday night next week, so another prime time game. I'd say that they are right on track to win that one too, especially getting the 6-8 players coming off of having the flu this game. We should be seeing the regular Lockett back(really bad luck from the contusion into the flu) if only all athletes could handle the flu like Michael Jordan did, but they still got the win. Hopefully Anseh(sp) isn't done again he was actually seemingly starting to hit his stride now. If they run even half as well as they did with Carson/Penny that will make this rough on the Rams. This doesn't even factor in the night and day difference(aside from McDougal's wtf on that one play last night) on the back end of the defense from when these teams played earlier in the year.

sutz

Reaction score
niveky":14s341o4 said:
seabowl":14s341o4 said:

sunday night next week, so another prime time game. I'd say that they are right on track to win that one too, especially getting the 6-8 players coming off of having the flu this game. We should be seeing the regular Lockett back(really bad luck from the contusion into the flu) if only all athletes could handle the flu like Michael Jordan did, but they still got the win. Hopefully Anseh(sp) isn't done again he was actually seemingly starting to hit his stride now. If they run even half as well as they did with Carson/Penny that will make this rough on the Rams. This doesn't even factor in the night and day difference(aside from McDougal's wtf on that one play last night) on the back end of the defense from when these teams played earlier in the year.
Yeah, if this was a 10am travel game on a short week, I'd be more worried. But a short commute, west coast game on Sun night, the Lambs better watch out.

Latest posts