Penny 7 carries 65 yards 9.3ypc and a TD.

Seymour

Reaction score
Not sure what pretty damn Sunday means, but he had 2 very nice runs! :2thumbs:

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
He's a better player than a lot of people around here want to admit, he's a big play RB weve seen that a few times now and he's just getting started.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Next year at this time Penny has a good chance to be the lead back, or at minimum split carries evenly with Carson. It's super fun to watch either of them run now. I'm dissappointed when I see Mike Davis in the backfield now. I'm not even convinced that he will be on the roster next season considering he's an unrestricted free agent after this season is complete.

mikeak

Reaction score
He had 7 carries - not 25

To me just about everyone of his good runs is when he can get the ball in motion. Not when taking a handoff

That is a nice to have not a 1st round pick. So despite his fabulous 7 runs I believe this was a bad pick. As noted before I HOPE HE PROVES ME WRONG

Fade

Reaction score
He looked the best I have seen him. he will get better as well. Due to running style I don't know if he will ever be anything more than the Robin to Chris Carson's Batman. A great change of pace back.

Chris Carson has an amazing, physical, punishing, run style. He had half of his runs called back on holding penalties and still had a great day.

It's a luxury to have Penny as well to fill in for the times Carson is inevitably injured, and be a compliment. They need to draft or find Mike Davis' replacement after the season as I expect him to be signed by another team for good money that will be too rich for the Seahawks blood, because Penny just doesn't run with that style.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Penny started to show his patience last week even though he didn't do much in the game itself. You could see him allowing his blocks to setup. I was hopeful that it'd continue that way but wasn't expecting improvement this much by the next game. He looked good and will continue to get better. At this rate he will be the RB behind Carson.

It is a massive luxury though to have 3 RB's who can do what ours can.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Dynamite on those crack-tosses, but this is where he ran to...

Not a diminishment, just saying, the play-calling was taking advantage of the 49ers pretty well.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Very encouraged by Penny's growth since the LA game.

sutz

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":ian904pv said:
Dynamite on those crack-tosses, but this is where he ran to...

Not a diminishment, just saying, the play-calling was taking advantage of the 49ers pretty well.
:hmmmm: I wonder if Russ saw that and checked to it. :stirthepot:

Atradees

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":39sh6jxz said:
Run Carson up the middle and run Penny outside.
Its a better plan. Get Penny the ball in space...........he has great vision and patience.