Mathieu to IR

Hawks46

Reaction score
The Cardinals have moved Tyran Mathieu to IR due to a nagging shoulder injury.

Not sure if this means they're shutting it down for the year, but it obviously doesn't make sense to play a guy fighting an injury in a lost season.

I expect AZ to bring it, but I wonder how much they really have invested in this game and exactly how hard 100% will be for them. Both teams were sapped for 2 games after their first meeting, and I'm just not sure their defense can bring that extra reserve of energy for a meaningless game.

That said, that really only leaves Peterson in the secondary now. We should be able to get favorable matchups with Baldwin or Lockett, and Graham since Buchannon is also out.

Optimus25

Reaction score
In this game we need to establish the run. We need the o line to find 3-4 yds a pop for rawls and stop this getting pushed in the back field crap. Rawls is contact seeker but even beastmode needed space to work at the LOS.

The poll around here regarding the running game and the playoffs should be unanimous.... If we can't get 3 yds at will on the ground our offense sputters, so we will be one and done with an inefficient running attack.

SeaChat

Reaction score
I agree that we can't ask Rawls to do it all, he is a hell of a running back, but the Oline has to make some kind of a starting gate for him to hit. Its discouraging as hell for him, when he rockets forward into the pack, expecting a hole to be there for him, and instead is met head on by the defense before he ever gets started.

We have been forced to develop a better air game as result of Marshawn's retirement and Rawls injuries, starting last year and plaguing us the first half of this year. Michaels helped out and I appreciate that, but he has a history of being a bit of a shooting start, comes on strong and looks great for awhile, then peters out and trips over his own feet.

It wasn't all Michaels fault that he was struggling to put up decent numbers this year, had he not been doing so well earlier on, I don't think it would have been quite so obvious that he was either playing conservative to avoid injury or was playing injured and just didn't want anyone to know.

I think Rawls will do fine for us from here on out through this season, providing, God forbid, that he doesn't get injured again. As far as Alex Collins goes, he is a project in the making, gifted with lots of potential but still rough around the edges and not likely to be the game changer we need at this stage of the game.

I was really hoping that Pope would stay healthy and be that game changer he was in the preseason. I still think if he pushes himself and truly gets back in shape and healed up from the nagging ankle injury, that he tried to rush back from too fast, that he will be a productive player for the Seahawks in 2017.

C.J. Prosise is supposed to be nearing return status if they can get him in game shape, will take a couple of weeks though so he won't be any help to us in this game. Our back up QB can second as a running back, its a position he played through high school and some in college as well. I'd hate to see him get injured and then have Russell go down and out with an injury, that would leave us in really tough shape for a QB. McEvoy maybe lol.

In any event, I think that our Oline, such as it is, has been coming along steadily and are doing a better job of it in each game this season. I am really hoping that against the Cardinals that they can create little windows of opportunity for Rawls to get out of first gear and start bringing some of his run magic back in to the game for Seattle, we need him to be productive if we are gonna win another Super Bowl, it would be damn tough to pull it off without some kind of run game going on out there for us.

Go Seahawks !!.

sdog1981

Reaction score
This weekend's game aside. It's lame that for a second year in a row this player has ended his season on IR.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I thought the Cardinals signed the former Hawk CB - Simon. Will RW go after him? I hope so

Jville

Reaction score
homerun1970":xi2fesp5 said:
joeseahawks":xi2fesp5 said:
I thought the Cardinals signed the former Hawk CB - Simon. Will RW go after him? I hope so
They also cut him. I believe earlier this week.

Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/20/cardinals-release-tharold-simon/[/urltargetblank]

IndyHawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":7owk901e said:
This weekend's game aside. It's lame that for a second year in a row this player has ended his season on IR.
He is what he is..Small and now he has a bad knee/shoulder,I think his time isn't for long..

rjdriver

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1qvjxqp5 said:
sdog1981":1qvjxqp5 said:
He is what he is..Small and now he has a bad knee/shoulder,I think his time isn't for long..

Unfortunately it wouldn't surprise me. I really like the Honey Badger, but he is undersized in this brutally physical league. I remember in the combine, he benched 225 like one time (maybe two), which seemed crazy for a guy his age. To utilize his instincts, he has to play somewhat reckless, and I'm not sure his body can sustain that perpetually.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
rjdriver":28uulntm said:
Unfortunately it wouldn't surprise me. I really like the Honey Badger, but he is undersized in this brutally physical league. I remember in the combine, he benched 225 like one time (maybe two),
I looked it up... 4 reps.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
McGruff":6lklsyxu said:
Bob Sanders syndrome.

Sucks, cause he's a good dude.
Exactly who I thought of when I posted earlier,I didn't think anyone would remember him but Sanders was bigger but same height and style otherwise although Sanders hit like Earl/Kam but he paid for it.The injuries came just like TM.