Who to root for ---Week 12

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Week 11 ended up with an even differential with a win, depending on how you saw the pats 49er's game. Here is how it breaks down week 12. Still ignoring AFC for the most part, but can start thinking about it.

Game with a * has advantages and disadvantages due to tiebreakers, nfc west division issues, etc.

We want 49ers to win remaining games (except when we play them obviously) for a couple reasons. Gives us stronger SOS, later picks for them in 17 draft. Rams lose this week, and we put them in the same category.

Monday:
packers-eagles
ROOT FOR: PACKERS+1

Thursday:
vikings-lions
ROOT FOR: VIKINGS*-1

redskins cowboys
ROOT FOR: REDSKINS!!!!-1

Sunday:
10:00:

rams-saints
ROOT FOR: SAINTS*+1

cardinals-falcons
ROOT FOR: FALCONS*+1

titans-bears
ROOT FOR: TITANS+1

giants-browns
ROOT FOR: BROWNS-1

dolphins-49ers
ROOT FOR: 49ers-1

1:00

raiders-panthers
ROOT FOR:RAIDERS+1

hawks-bucs
ROOT FOR: DERP-1

LolaRox

Reaction score
The week 12 Monday Night game is Packers @ Eagles. The MNF game you have listed was the game for week 11.

Monday is the last game of a given week, not the first.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
johnnyfever":vaq0v6p0 said:
damn, really hoping the redskins could pull it off.
There were several obvious push offs by Cowboys receivers that were clearly OPI's but not called.

Like the Skins, the Hawks could have beaten them today but only if it were called more fairly. I suspect the NFL has a hardon for the Cowboys this year.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":2ay43tsd said:
johnnyfever":2ay43tsd said:
There were several obvious push offs by Cowboys receivers that were clearly OPI's but not called.

Like the Skins, the Hawks could have beaten them today but only if it were called more fairly. I suspect the NFL has a hardon for the Cowboys this year.

Not to mention the open door creating the sun in the Redskins eyes for a quarter, and yes they do have a way to block that sun if they choose to do so or the NFL makes sure it's a level playing field and it is blocked.

Oh ya, the NFL has no idea what a level playing field is unless it benefits their balance sheet.

GO HAWKS!!!

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
LolaRox":29gb2jgs said:
The week 12 Monday Night game is Packers @ Eagles. The MNF game you have listed was the game for week 11.

Monday is the last game of a given week, not the first.
Yes, I just do this on Sunday night, so I throw the Monday game in the next weeks. Not accurate, but still labeled for who to root for.

andyh64000

Reaction score
Disagree in cards falcons...I think I would prefer a falcons loss to help the #2 seed

Polaris

Reaction score
andyh64000":2yjrfndo said:
Disagree in cards falcons...I think I would prefer a falcons loss to help the #2 seed

I'd rather have the division in my back pocket first, and then worry about seeding.

taz291819

Reaction score
12HawkFan":16zx6zrn said:
LeftHandSmoke":16zx6zrn said:
johnnyfever":16zx6zrn said:

Not to mention the open door creating the sun in the Redskins eyes for a quarter, and yes they do have a way to block that sun if they choose to do so or the NFL makes sure it's a level playing field and it is blocked.

Oh ya, the NFL has no idea what a level playing field is unless it benefits their balance sheet.

GO HAWKS!!!

I've been on the field at Jerry World, and yes, the sun makes it very hard on receivers during certain times.

With that said, I don't think it was built that way on purpose (to blind players), I think it was built that way from an artistic point. It does look really cool when the sun shines through the windows.

Not to mention, the same thing happens in an open-air stadium when endzones face west-east instead of north-south.

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Polaris":3agqx94m said:
andyh64000":3agqx94m said:

I'd rather have the division in my back pocket first, and then worry about seeding.

That's why I picked falcons. We HAVE to lock the division up first.

andyh64000

Reaction score
johnnyfever":38wjl6jt said:
Polaris":38wjl6jt said:
andyh64000":38wjl6jt said:

We are 3 games up with a game against Arizona at home. If we can't win the division at this point then we major problems. Getting the #2 seed is critical especially since we are becoming a MASH unit.

Polaris

Reaction score
andyh64000":1xd7z1f1 said:
johnnyfever":1xd7z1f1 said:
Polaris":1xd7z1f1 said:
andyh64000":1xd7z1f1 said:

We are 3 games up with a game against Arizona at home. If we can't win the division at this point then we major problems. Getting the #2 seed is critical especially since we are becoming a MASH unit.

I don't disagree but I'd still feel much more comfortable sewing up the division first. Call me superstitious, but I think counting on a division title before having it wrapped up is bad ju-ju.

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
look at last year. cards figured they had it wrapped, we caught fire and damn near caught them.

Maulbert

Reaction score
johnnyfever":38mp5k4k said:
look at last year. cards figured they had it wrapped, we caught fire and damn near caught them.

A better example would be 2014 when the Cards led the division by 3 games with 6 to go (9-1, 6-4) and went 2-4 while we went 6-0 and took the division the final day of the season (12-4, 11-5).

Hawks46

Reaction score
andyh64000":nyggjpdx said:
johnnyfever":nyggjpdx said:
Polaris":nyggjpdx said:
andyh64000":nyggjpdx said:

Yup. I 100% agree.

We fought AZ to a standstill at their house. It was also when we had issues on the offense.

Our offense is playing much better, and we'd be at home. We'll beat AZ, because they couldn't beat us when we were flawed. They haven't fixed their issues.

I'm pulling for AZ here. We're already up 3 games and we'll beat them once so we'll own the tie break. Does anyone honestly think AZ is going to get to 10 wins ? There's no way we don't get to 10 wins unless Wilson goes down.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Maulbert":3rij5zsq said:
johnnyfever":3rij5zsq said:

A better example would be 2014 when the Cards led the division by 3 games with 6 to go (9-1, 6-4) and went 2-4 while we went 6-0 and took the division the final day of the season (12-4, 11-5).

And if that happened, it'd be all on us. Cards win this week, 'Hawks win this week, and we still have a three-game lead on them with what, five games left in the season? Rooting for the Cards in this game. At least as much as I can stomach it.

In fact, pretty much rooting for all division rivals at this point. They're not going to make it, and it just gives them that much worse a draft. Anywhere between 7-9 and 9-7 is a great place for them to wind up. In other words, the perfect Jeff Fisher season.

Largent80

Reaction score
I'm going for the Falcons over the Cards as we already have a win vs. Atlanta and tied AZ.

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Largent80":2zzo41x2 said:
I'm going for the Falcons over the Cards as we already have a win vs. Atlanta and tied AZ.
Agreed. Lock up first round bye, then hope for HFA. 6 games left, we are missing a lot of guys. What if Russ goes down this game? Crap happens, let's get the division first.

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
If cards win and we lose this week, they are only 2 games back with 5 to play. If we win and they lose, then they are 4 games out with 5 to play. The time to root for cards and rams is premature this week, but might be totally correct next week. I think rooting for them this week is a bit dangerous.

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Ended up with an even differential again this week, and everyone in the NFC west lost, so not so bad. It puts Dallas much harder to catch unless they implode. Difference is they have been consistent and we have been the definition of inconsistent. Winning against great teams and losing to bad ones. Still in the second seed, but another one of these and we could be going on the road in the playoffs. Both the lions and the falcons are at 7-4.

Latest posts