Running Back Thoughts vs. Falcons & Stuff

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
WTF was up with Michael getting the sideline throw late in the game on 1st down. He had a good 10 yards to run on the right side before contact and he just went out of bounds right before contact instead of taking the defenders head on which lead to a 2nd and 1 or 2. I was heated... Anyone else see that play??

Get the 1st down Bruh. At Least we converted but we almost didn't.

Also... We should bring Marshawn Lynch back.......................................................................................................................................................................................... as a coach to personally train and teach Alex Collins. That's so unfortunate that Alex wasn't able to learn under Lynch. He would be so great if he was able to run behind and learn from him. They are very similar. He doesn't really have anyone to study first hand who runs his power style. Why isn't Lynch helping our team. U think he'd want to be at least as a part time gig.

O-Line Thoughts: Just think how good we would be if we still had Carpenter & Breno to compliment Ifedi!! Obviously Carp wasn't that great. But he was MASSIVE. My biggest issue with our O-line is our size. We are not that big. We got rid of our road graters. Just a "What If Thought". Our I-Line is def getting much better tho. Props to Cable. Let's see how much better it gets!

Oh, and to the people who were saying we should trade Graham away to the Browns for that O-Lineman (forget his name) and a first round pick..... LMAOOOOOOOO!!!

Joyodongo

Reaction score
Yes, there was also a 3rd and 1 in the 3rd quarter (I think) where he didn't convert and you could see that we wasn't much for the fight ... maybe the previous concussion? I don't know but I was also worried after these 2 plays ...

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Michael doesn't seem to have the situational awareness needed to muscle close 1st downs.

He's been adequate running the ball but doesn't always run tough like we like to watch.

themunn

Reaction score
FreshlySnipes":2hsxrlvs said:
O-Line Thoughts: Just think how good we would be if we still had Carpenter & Breno to compliment Ifedi!! Obviously Carp wasn't that great. But he was MASSIVE. My biggest issue with our O-line is our size. We are not that big. We got rid of our road graters. Just a "What If Thought". Our I-Line is def getting much better tho. Props to Cable. Let's see how much better it gets!

What? Our O-Line IS massive - it's even bigger than the line you're talking about!
Russel Okung - 6'5, 310lbs
James Carpenter - 6'5, 320lbs
Max Unger - 6'5 - 305lbs
JR Sweezy - 6'5 - 298lbs
Breno Giacomini - 6'7, 318lbs

Bradley Sowell - 6'7, 309lbs
Mark Glowinski - 6'4, 310lbs
Justin Britt - 6'6, 325lbs
Germain Ifedi - 6'5, 325lbs
Garry Gilliam - 6'5, 306lbs

McGruff

Reaction score
FreshlySnipes":v6hc81ox said:
WTF was up with Michael getting the sideline throw late in the game on 1st down. He had a good 10 yards to run on the right side before contact and he just went out of bounds right before contact instead of taking the defenders head on which lead to a 2nd and 1 or 2. I was heated... Anyone else see that play??

Also... We should bring Marshawn Lynch back.......................................................................................................................................................................................... as a coach to personally train and teach Alex Collins. That's so unfortunate that Alex wasn't able to learn under Lynch. He would be so great if he was able to run behind and learn from him. They are very similar. He doesn't really have anyone to study first hand who runs his power style. Why isn't Lynch helping our team. U think he'd want to be at least as a part time gig.

Oh, and to the people who were saying we should trade Graham away to the Browns for that O-Lineman (forget his name) and a first round pick..... LMAOOOOOOOO!!!

Just a weird post IMO.

If it was late in the game, clock may have been a consideration for going out of bounds. Ball ecurity is another. I don't remember the exact situation though.

Oline size? Our line is one of the biggest in the league. Every one of them is between 310 and 325, while also being freakishly athletic.

And Marshawn? Doesn't care about football anymore. He's moved on, and there's no way he's coming back.

Largent80

Reaction score
The play that puzzled me is the 3rd down before the punt. All he needed was to explode towards the 1st down line (maybe 2 feet in front of him) and he does some sort of hop, skip thing and weakly falls to the ground.

I re-watched the game yesterday focusing on our O-Line, and I have to give good grades to all of them. Sowell has been the whippin boy around here and he had a nice game.

McGruff

Reaction score
Largent80":3v71e8xu said:
The play that puzzled me is the 3rd down before the punt. All he needed was to explode towards the 1st down line (maybe 2 feet in front of him) and he does some sort of hop, skip thing and weakly falls to the ground.

I re-watched the game yesterday focusing on our O-Line, and I have to give good grades to all of them. Sowell has been the whippin boy around here and he had a nice game.

I agree on the third down run. The sideline wasn't wide open, but it was open enough to bang a first down out of it. Instead he cut back into traffic, which was just a bad decision.

Actually, the last couple of games it feels like Michael has regressed. Much more tentative, and I can't help seeing Rawls in my head busting people up.

hawker84

Reaction score
The only criticisms I have about CM, is I think he's mentally weak for one, situationally for sure as someone else stated. the other is that he does not fall forward when he's tackled very much, or maybe it just seems like it because I'm use to watching lynch finish runs. But I still like him as a runner, and thought he had a good game for the most part. Would like to see Rawls come back sooner than later though.

As far as the O line, minus a few plays here and there, I thought had a good game, especially in Pass Protect, only sack I believe came on a CB blitz. And penalties seemed way down so far this year.....

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
McGruff":1mgz4a0n said:
FreshlySnipes":1mgz4a0n said:

Just a weird post IMO.

If it was late in the game, clock may have been a consideration for going out of bounds. Ball ecurity is another. I don't remember the exact situation though.

Oline size? Our line is one of the biggest in the league. Every one of them is between 310 and 325, while also being freakishly athletic.

And Marshawn? Doesn't care about football anymore. He's moved on, and there's no way he's coming back.

The play was in the second quarter...score 14-3, time not an issue. We made the first down but it was something that was not necessary if he would have just turned up a yard.

Bout Marshawn....agree that he is gone. But he could coach running backs on communications skills. :mrgreen:

If you took a look at AC td run, he has balance and widened his stance. Coaching has helped him. He will be ok, NOW.

Oline is starting to feel good with each other.

gtcotcakya

Reaction score
CMike wasn't avoiding contact like that earlier in the season. I'm wondering if he's either not 100% or has been coached to avoid the big hits in order to live and fight another day. If he gets hurt, aren't we down to Collins and Spiller?

OkieHawk

Reaction score
As stated earlier, I believe he was doing it because of the concussion scare. As long as it doesn't become a trend I'm not worried.

Smellyman

Reaction score
It was before concussion when he ducked out of bounds. It was weird. I twas also an easy first down if he tried.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Hopefully when the coaches review the tape they'll let CMike know what we all saw.

McGruff

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1sp0vsnn said:
I think C Mike is deathly afraid to fumble, and that is affecting him a lot.

That's my thought as well. He's was already overly protective of the ball in traffic, but after his crushing fumble against the Rams, he's seemed to avoid contact altogether.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I watched CJ Procise highlights last night. Man will it be great to get him on the field, dude could be electric. Hell of a lot better than Spiller.

As for Michael, he's been serviceable. Can't wait to get Rawls back though.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
gtcotcakya":1br6zlht said:
CMike wasn't avoiding contact like that earlier in the season. I'm wondering if he's either not 100% or has been coached to avoid the big hits in order to live and fight another day. If he gets hurt, aren't we down to Collins and Spiller?

There's something to this. We're low on RB ability for a coach who wants to run. When Prosise and Rawls come back, I expect CM to go on the offensive more than he did this last game.

ACFan

Reaction score
FreshlySnipes":20zyjbor said:

C-Mike definitely came off as a bit of a head case to me on his 20 yard run, where he gets up and begins telling his own sideline to be quiet, guess that was him showing out, weird, just seems unstable to me.

Nice thought about AC learning under Marshawn, but what AC really needs is just the opportunities. A few series to show he's ready and capable.

I think things could shape up to where he's a bigger contributor in the last half of the season.

This week's game would be a good time to give him two or three straight series, let him get in a groove.

TCS

Reaction score
When CM runs into contact at the LOS he reminds me of Chris Warren - slightly turns shoulder to take the hit, then turns more so he can either fall sideways to the ground or start pushing with his legs backwards. Frustrating.

Go Hawks!

tcs