Kearse needs to go down in the depth chart

northseahawk

Reaction score
Has he done anything this year other than a catch here and there? I think he got paid and is now almost nonexistent.

Needs to be replace by Tanner mcevoy. That dude looks like a natural when given the chance and then throw in the height and speed.

Seafan

Reaction score
northseahawk":19kl311g said:
Has he done anything this year other than a catch here and there? I think he got paid and is now almost nonexistent.

Needs to be replace by Tanner mcevoy. That dude looks like a natural when given the chance and then throw in the height and speed.

It's a result of the depth on offense. A lot of good targets for a change.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
So he is dropping everything?

He is not getting open?

He beat his guy today and drew the PI. He also had another catch or two. One was a nice sideline catch.

What more do you want?

All receivers cant be Doug Baldwin. He is clutch when it counts. Plus chemistry with quarterback counts for a lot when you have one that runs around all the time.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Kearse is earning his paycheck by blocking. You might not see it, but he's the best blocking WR we have.

When McEvoy gets the offense down, and gets more chemistry with Wilson, and can run block better....he'll take Kearse's snaps. Kearse is solid but unspectacular, but you know what you're getting from him.

Mick063

Reaction score
Kearse has a large catch radius. Kearse has a track record of clutch catches. Kearse is inexpensive.

Fade

Reaction score
It's even worse when you look at how teams are playing him. 1 on 1 with no safety help most of the time. Teams are daring the Seahawks to throw it to Kearse, and he still can't get open consistently.

The blocking argument for him doesn't hold up either due to Tanner McEvoy making some nice blocks in his limited play time, and is a much bigger man. Really all of the receivers consistently block well. P-Rich, or McEvoy can help this team more right now depending on the situation, or play call.

Kearse can return to being the secret weapon off of the bench, he excels at that roll.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Color me shocked that we have yet another completely random and unnecessary fire Kearse thread.

Wouldnt we need to have one or two receivers below him, actually outplaying him, in order to move him down the depth chart?

Ozzy

Reaction score
I went multiple posts with a well respected poster who disagreed with me. I didn't understand the signing then and I still don't. I'm not a Kearse hater and I get RW is comfortable with him and he has become more consistent. Still they overpaid for him.

RW92

Reaction score
Fade":3cbo6w1d said:
It's even worse when you look at how teams are playing him. 1 on 1 with no safety help most of the time. Teams are daring the Seahawks to throw it to Kearse, and he still can't get open consistently.

The blocking argument for him doesn't hold up either due to Tanner McEvoy making some nice blocks in his limited play time, and is a much bigger man. Really all of the receivers consistently block well. P-Rich, or McEvoy can help this team more right now depending on the situation, or play call.

Kearse can return to being the secret weapon off of the bench, he excels at that roll.

I spoke about this two weeks ago. Sooner or later a change will need to be made to help Russell move the ball down the field. Thank God Jimmy Graham is healthy.

And Tyler L. is a shell of what he was. Hopefully he will heal and return to his original self.

Right now my passing game is Graham, Baldwin, and Richardson. And give the kid MeEvoy a shot. Go with the strengths you have and exploit them.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
What would you like him to do, catch balls thrown to other recievers. 3-35 two big first downs and could of had two TD's if not for two pi that weren't called. All he does is make clutch plays.... Seahawk for life

OP
OP
N

northseahawk

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":1klh6kaq said:
What would you like him to do, catch balls thrown to other recievers. 3-35 two big first downs and could of had two TD's if not for two pi that weren't called. All he does is make clutch plays.... Seahawk for life

If he gets any separation, wilson might throw it to him! 3-35 (sounds like his best so far this year) for a #2 receiver isn't really good FYI.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":1ibyfmwx said:

This.

Plus Kearse has fantastic chemistry with Russell, and they know exactly how the other thinks. Kearse is one damn smart football player and a huge asset to the team.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing McEvoy get more snaps over the course of the season. Heck, in SB49, if it were McEvoy running the pick on Browner, instead of Kearse, we probably win that game.

sutz

Reaction score
Do other team's fans worry so much about players 3-4 slots down on the depth chart? :laugh:

Kearse has his role, which he plays quite well IMNSHO. If we push him any lower on the depth chart, he'd be out on the street, which is what some folks seem to want. :34853_doh:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This thread is ridiculous.

Unless the problem is that Kearse is not punching Bevell in the face. In which case I agree, because it is hard to get targets when your idiot OC is scheming out 5-yard patterns which are invariably followed by a series of crappy runs.

But other than not committing assault on our incompetent OC, Kearse is doing everything we would hope our #3 WR to do.

Kearse is blocking, getting PIs against him and catching the ball when it comes his way. He made a spectacular sideline grab in the 1st when nobody was doing a damn thing. It kept the drive alive, kept our defense off the field and more importantly, kept the Falcons offense off the field.

More importantly, he is catching the ball if it is in his radius, which is all you can expect.

I don't understand what people have against him. He is the #3 WR. But we need him and he is getting paid reasonably compared with his contributions.

Anotherwords the OP has clearly either been taking advantage of the fact that certain substances are legal here and in Denver, or Kearse kicked his dog or something.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Our team is 4-1 and yet again, every couple games there's a "Get rid of Kearse" thread. Do people not understand the concept of depth and targets? He doesn't have as many catches because our offense utilizes about a baker's dozen worth of receivers-Graham, Baldwin, Lockett, Willson, Spiller, Michael, Richardson, McEvoy, Collins, sometimes others and KEARSE. 3 clutch receptions today. What exactly do people want?? He was paid a competitive rate and also rewarded for his many game-changing moments for this franchise the last several years.

He's not really our "#2" receiver but the rapport he's developed with Wilson and knack for making difficult catches with games on the line make him still an important contributor to our offense. For those that argue "well he was paid to be our #2", out of 25-27 completions that Russell routinely makes, how exactly do you propose the distribution?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":3qxj14qr said:
Our team is 4-1 and yet again, every couple games there's a "Get rid of Kearse" thread. Do people not understand the concept of depth and targets? He doesn't have as many catches because our offense utilizes about a baker's dozen worth of receivers-Graham, Baldwin, Lockett, Willson, Spiller, Michael, Richardson, McEvoy, Collins, sometimes others and KEARSE. 3 clutch receptions today. What exactly do people want?? He was paid a competitive rate and also rewarded for his many game-changing moments for this franchise the last several years.

He's not really our "#2" receiver but the rapport he's developed with Wilson and knack for making difficult catches with games on the line make him still an important contributor to our offense. For those that argue "well he was paid to be our #2", out of 25-27 completions that Russell routinely makes, how exactly do you propose the distribution?

You don't understand. They ALL gotta have fantasy-winning 'production.' If not, they are simply no good and need to be cut, LOL!

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Kearse is a great complementary WR. Solid blocking and very clutch whenever thrown to him. I don't see any reason for P-Rich or Tanner to take all of his snaps away.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":17zzupno said:
. For those that argue "well he was paid to be our #2", out of 25-27 completions that Russell routinely makes, how exactly do you propose the distribution?
Ummm. The ball goes to the guy that makes himself the best target? Why not give some one else a shot?