Kearse needs to go down in the depth chart

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3ol532x3 said:
West TX Hawk":3ol532x3 said:
. For those that argue "well he was paid to be our #2", out of 25-27 completions that Russell routinely makes, how exactly do you propose the distribution?
Ummm. The ball goes to the guy that makes himself the best target? Why not give some one else a shot?

Your right. Pete would never give the best guy the job. He is allll about favorites. Kearse is his fav. I am sure nobody else has a chance to prove to Pete that they could do more than Kearse.

Atradees

Reaction score
Kearse was awesome yesterday. It was also wet. Cold and wet. He was a factor in the game.

hawker84

Reaction score
RW92":1bey0sk2 said:
Fade":1bey0sk2 said:
It's even worse when you look at how teams are playing him. 1 on 1 with no safety help most of the time. Teams are daring the Seahawks to throw it to Kearse, and he still can't get open consistently.

The blocking argument for him doesn't hold up either due to Tanner McEvoy making some nice blocks in his limited play time, and is a much bigger man. Really all of the receivers consistently block well. P-Rich, or McEvoy can help this team more right now depending on the situation, or play call.

Kearse can return to being the secret weapon off of the bench, he excels at that roll.

I spoke about this two weeks ago. Sooner or later a change will need to be made to help Russell move the ball down the field. Thank God Jimmy Graham is healthy.

And Tyler L. is a shell of what he was. Hopefully he will heal and return to his original self.

Right now my passing game is Graham, Baldwin, and Richardson. And give the kid MeEvoy a shot. Go with the strengths you have and exploit them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't we go to two SB's without the services of Graham and PRich? I'm also pretty sure Kearse was a huge part of the success those two years..... Because of bringing Graham onboard and signing Lockett, kearse's targets have diminished, not because he all of a sudden can't produce.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3j4yi8yp said:
Color me shocked that we have yet another completely random and unnecessary fire Kearse thread.
Wouldnt we need to have one or two receivers below him, actually outplaying him, in order to move him down the depth chart?
We were one short of making the minimum quota for complaint threads. If you look at the bright side though, people are only complaining incessantly because our team is good and so their expectations are too high. Having a thread about what our sixth option on offense produced with his 3? targets is a lot better than most of the alternatives.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
How many times have we needed a first down and kearse gets it done. Many times getting brutal yards after the catch to get it. Has good vision, keeps his head about him as far as strategy (when to go out, when to stay in to keep the clock running, where to draw defenders to allow other recievers a better chance etc. He know the routes and plays well. I think he is perfect for what he is. Has decent hands, and is clutch when he needs to be. For a pedestrian inexpensive second tier receiver, he is as good as it gets in my opinion.

We also are not privy to practices. Pete puts the personnel on the field that gives the team the best chance to come out and win. Pete sees a minimum of 24 hours of practice time from these guys a week, and we seem to think us seeing 59 minutes gives the amount of info to make decisions about hiring and firing. Sure, It's a forum where we discuss these things, and my opinion or observations are no more valid than the OP's, but sometimes we forget all the time the coaches see these players to make the evaluations they make.