D line - interesting stat

kev007

Reaction score
Hi 12's

Just noticed that we have eight sacks through our first two games, equal second in the NFL. On that production, we would end the season with sixty four. Interesting to speculate on what the total will actually be, I think between fifty five and sixty. Thoughts?

Kev

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Loving the sacks, but the lack of takeaways is alarming to me............a trend we're continuing from last year.

This offense is obviously not good enough right now to put together 3-4 eighty yard drives a game, this team NEEDS it's defense to take the ball away to win and not rely on this offense to make last drive scores just to eek out wins.

HawkerD

Reaction score
The sack metric is supposed to be anindicator of how much presurre we are putting on opposing QB's. I don't have the numbers but it looks like other than the sacks we don't generate consistent pressure play to play especially on obvious passing downs

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
kev007":eg1wm2ac said:
Hi 12's

Just noticed that we have eight sacks through our first two games, equal second in the NFL. On that production, we would end the season with sixty four. Interesting to speculate on what the total will actually be, I think between fifty five and sixty. Thoughts?

Kev
Seems highly unlikely we could get that many but: If we got credit for Avril's in game 1 as time expired, and for Cash's yesterday (that frrkin facemask call was BS, for several reasons) then we might have 10 already!

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
If we keep getting 4 sacks per game, the turnovers will come. I'm just waiting for the rushed duck that gets taken to the house. I figured we get one from Keenum but with Chip kelly's niners coming this week, I have a good feeling.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
HawkerD":3d7clkz8 said:
The sack metric is supposed to be anindicator of how much presurre we are putting on opposing QB's. I don't have the numbers but it looks like other than the sacks we don't generate consistent pressure play to play especially on obvious passing downs

Sure feels like all or nothing doesn't it?

Hawks46

Reaction score
HawkerD":2wdhba8q said:

This. I don't have the stats for pressures and hits, but it doesn't feel like we get consistent pressure.

One thing I noticed vs. LA was that we were so worried about stopping the run (which we should be), that we were getting caught with our run package on the field. Reed isn't a bad player, and he'll learn, but I don't want to see both him and Rubin out there rushing the passer. Keenum had a very clean pocket the entire 1st half, and this was why.

I'd honestly like to see one of our true 3 techs get some more playing time and see what we could do with it.

Polk738

Reaction score
Does anyone know how many stunts we tried yesterday? I don't remember seeing any and I felt that was odd considering it worked pretty well against Miami. Anyway-for those of you that don't know, as of RIGHT NOW we are leading the league in yards allowed along with pts allowed, I think 3rd in rush defense and 5th in pass defense (I don't even think Denver is top 5 in anything right now) That may not mean much but I do like to think that its a good sign for things to come.

Jville

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3szantnh said:
Should have had another yesterday (Marsh) that was erased by that weak face mask call.

His reaction was priceless .......... [tweet]https://twitter.com/IrishCARBomb21/status/777975311241584641[/tweet]

Polk738

Reaction score
lol its funny because as soon as I saw that on the tv I turned around and looked at the guy behind me and said "yeah that face pretty much sums up this game"

Jville

Reaction score
I thought it pretty much summed up the officiating.

The defense looked like it did its job.

olyfan63

Reaction score
The facemask call on Marsh was unfortunately legit. Great effort, just seems like Marsh is snakebitten.

The pressure and sacks have been a pleasant surprise thus far.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I'd trade less sacks for more consistent pressure.