Seahawks re-sign Tony McDaniel

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Siliga's injury is bad, and the rookie DTs (Reed, Jefferson, and Bryant) weren't really giving us a ton of good pass rush. They might as well try out a veteran, with championship experience, who holds his gap and plays the run at a high level. McDaniel still has to compete to make the roster though. Despite being so damn tall, he seems to play with more consistent pad level and leverage than Rubin does.

saroos

Reaction score
I wonder if this is a Jordan Hill replacement more then anything

kidhawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":pzhyh20o said:
Snapchat? What's that all about?

Last week, McDaniel posted a Snapchat photo of the long TSA pre-check line at the airport in Atlanta. His agent, David Canter, saw the photo and asked McDaniel where he was flying to. He said he was headed to Seattle to visit some family and friends.

"[Seahawks director of pro personnel] Dan Morgan and I got into a text message exchange," Canter said. "I said to them last week, 'Hey, Tony's going to be in town. It's a free workout. Worst-case scenario, you bring him in, he looks like crap, he stays home. You don't even have to pay for a flight.' "

[urltargetblank]http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17312763/snapchat-helps-tony-mcdaniel-land-spot-seattle-seahawks[/urltargetblank]

bigskydoc

Reaction score
He posted a Snapchat of waiting in the TSA line. His agent saw it and asked where he was headed. McDaniel said he was coming up to Seattle to visit family. His agent contacted the Seahawks and said something to the effect of "Hey, Tony is in Seattle. It wouldn't cost you anything to try him out." The Hawks took him up on the offer.

harryjohnson

Reaction score
bigskydoc":12r89f1p said:
He posted a Snapchat of waiting in the TSA line. His agent saw it and asked where he was headed. McDaniel said he was coming up to Seattle to visit family. His agent contacted the Seahawks and said something to the effect of "Hey, Tony is in Seattle. It wouldn't cost you anything to try him out." The Hawks took him up on the offer.

Smart agent. Now let's hope there's something still in the tank.

kf3339

Reaction score
saroos":2h9i2i8t said:
I wonder if this is a Jordan Hill replacement more then anything

My thoughts as well. Hill doesn't stay healthy, and you don't need him if Jefferson and Bryant can fill his rotational role on the line. I would rather have a savy and healthy vet who can play every week, as opposed to Hill who is constantly on the injury report every turn.

In addition I could see the team mover Rubin to 1tech until Reed is completely ready and have McDaniel by the starting 3tech for this year. I think he has enough left in the tank. We shall see.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This is the guy we lost right?

We missed him.

Hell yes I want him back. DTs that can get pressure in the pocket? Yes please.

He doesn't need to be great, just better than what we had (not a Rubin fan at all, maybe he gets better this year).

Great news. Because I am completely unimpressed with the DL performance in game 1.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I think he gave us 3 sacks a year so he's not the most backfield disruptive 3 tech, but I still remember this one because of what a mean arse move it was.

i6E7GF9LPSZRm.gif

On a side note, is that Sowell that he threw down like that?

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
vin.couve12":12fkz5e7 said:
I think he gave us 3 sacks a year so he's not the most backfield disruptive 3 tech, but I still remember this one because of what a mean arse move it was.

i6E7GF9LPSZRm.gif

I'm not tryin g to diminish McD's stellar play, but it looks like Mebane who was tripple teamed on the play allowing McD to go 1 on 1 against the Cards LT who makes any of our O Linemen look like all pro's.
What a laugher.

Basis4day

Reaction score
This seems to be about Siliga. Reed and Rubin are traditional run stuffing DTs. Siliga was the only other player with a similar bodytype.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
They picked up the wrong McD from Tampa (McDonald would have been better) but I guess the right one wasn't available.

King Dog

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":1g2vvg2b said:
vin.couve12":1g2vvg2b said:

i6E7GF9LPSZRm.gif

I'm not tryin g to diminish McD's stellar play, but it looks like Mebane who was tripple teamed on the play allowing McD to go 1 on 1 against the Cards LT who makes any of our O Linemen look like all pro's.
What a laugher.

That Cards LT is our current LT lol

vin.couve12

Reaction score
So it is him for sure? That's gotta be awkward. Sort of like Kam with the Cards RT at the time, who we also had for a camp.

Basis4day

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1j7akeci said:
So it is him for sure? That's gotta be awkward. Sort of like Kam with the Cards RT at the time, who we also had for a camp.

I doubt either remember. Even if they did, it doesn't match Jimmy Graham joining the hawks.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Basis4day":2twfne8q said:
vin.couve12":2twfne8q said:

I doubt either remember. Even if they did, it doesn't match Jimmy Graham joining the hawks.
True. That was like the Waterboy QB saying, "Oh god, please don't hurt me!" as he ran away from Kam.