FB

vin.couve12

Reaction score
With Cottom out and possibly out for the year, my next best candidate would be Bryant at least athletically. Well proportioned athlete throughout the core and legs. Sort of along the lines of an Aaron Donald or a John Randle. Maybe not quite as explosive, but along those lines. If he shows he can play FB on maybe 20-30% of plays and rush the passer.....it could be a best case scenario if the athlete fit the positions anyway. That's a big IF, I know.

[youtube]8M5LKx5-Kp4[/youtube]

Cottom was my horse in the race, buuuuuuut yeah.....Who ya got?

kearly

Reaction score
I wonder if Pete ever has fantasies about trading for Aaron Donald and then converting him to fullback.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
kearly":38lfww9y said:
I wonder if Pete ever has fantasies about trading for Aaron Donald and then converting him to fullback.
lol. That's hilarious. Bryant is just trying to make a stacked roster at this point though.

Here's another candidate to at least play some "move TE" where it's kind of a pseudo H-Back position, which Tuku played some last year. It would reduce the real need for reps as a traditional FB.

11:41 a.m. PT: One name to keep an eye on: Brandon Williams. The tight end has caught a lot of balls at practice, including a couple of touchdowns from Russell Wilson. Williams was a very good special-teams player with the Carolina Panthers, and Carroll called him "a really special pickup for us." He's got a shot to make the roster.

Kind of a, "The more you can do." type of thing would help him.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
So stacked at DT that it might be a good way to protect Bryant on the 53 . . . if he excels as a FB. His future is definitely at the three technique.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
hawknation2016":3qem9p3z said:
So stacked at DT that it might be a good way to protect Bryant on the 53 . . . if he excels as a FB. His future is definitely at the three technique.
Regarding the 3, we definitely agree on that. In terms of protecting the roster spot? Yeah, somebody's going to have to....

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/761677848348282880[/tweet]

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The Packers were high on Amosa but have the durable Kuhn on their roster so he was surplus to needs there. As we observed in the clip above he seems a capable receiver out of the backfield and must be a solid blocker. The Husky fans on the board will know.

Given the team has been trying several DTs at FB you wonder if they won't give TE- Brandon Williams a shot at FB as he is very solid as a blocker and it'd be a way to ease him onto the roster with the potential numbers crunch this year at TE.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BrainsRefried/status/762011513913651201[/tweet]

McGruff

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":4m5i78d7 said:
Anyone know why we didn't go after John Kuhn?
H
Could be he'd already agreed with the Saints. Both signings were pretty bang bang.

Erebus

Reaction score
The FB position isn't used enough (or at least shouldn't be) to justify signing a guy like Kuhn. It's more roster-efficient to have a guy like Bryant at DT that can fill in at FB occasionally.