Injuries thread

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Let's hope this is a short thread!

This is the place to post the injuries we know of for TC. I'm not sure I want a thread talking about injuries during the regular season. No reason to make it easier for the opponents.

Injuries reported to date:

1. Sealver Siliga, calf
2. CJ Prosise, hamstring
3. Frank Clark, calf
4. Doug Baldwin, achilles practicing again
5. Jordan Hill, groin
6. Zac Brooks, hamstring
7. Alex Collins, ankle
8. Kasen Williams, hamstring
9. Kevin Smith, hamstring
10. Antwan Goodley, hamstring
11. Desean Foxx, hamstring

Please post what you've heard here.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
No worries, we all have positive thoughts.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Pete,said he thought it wasn't serious. I didn't include it initially b/c of that. Each of the other injuries are serious enough that in Siliga's case he was placed on NFI, Helfet apparently needs surgery on his foot, and Prosise is out for 7-10 days with a 1st degree hamstring strain.

Largent80

Reaction score
Overseasfan":fh0b4ncl said:
Hope Clark's injury isn't all that bad, we're going to need him in the reg season.

During yesterdays live feed they said he was getting it iced. If that's the case it could be as simple as a bruise or a sprain.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
OkieHawk":20oknver said:
jammerhawk":20oknver said:
No worries, we all have positive thoughts.

Untrue, Blitzer never has positive thoughts.

Well, there is always an exception :D

Somehow , however I'm not so sure he wishes bad things to happen, he just anticiapates they will. As such he's never disappointed.

ak3000

Reaction score
Add from 08/02

Tre Madden (arm in sling)
Jordan Hill (limited/unknown)

Edit 1pm--

K Chancellor, D Baldwin, F Clark & J Hill all given a day off... not sure what that means but as people said below, reading too much into it.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
This time of year the coaching and medical staff are so conservative on injuries that I don't get too wrapped around the axle on the small stuff like strains and bruises.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
jammerhawk":30195n34 said:
It's still early

Missed all of 2012 season with a torn left knee ligament
Hamstring issues in 2013
Missed all of 2014 season with turf toe
2015 arthroscopic knee surgery prior to the bowl game.

Now a probable shoulder injury.

I think he checks all the injury prone boxes, and I don't see how he sticks on our stacked roster.

He may not get a look from another team given his history.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Lots of college players were injury free until hitting the professional game, i.e.: Russell Okung and James Carpenter. Then those players hit the pros and are thereafter injury magnets. Some college players have injury problems throughout their college careers but manage as pros to be mostly injury free. Just because a player was injury prone as a college player doesn't mean that will be the case as a pro unless their knees or shoulders are so damaged they likely are barely able to make the initial medical clearance or they had serious concussion issues. I simply disagree about Tre Madden though I do understand where you are coming from in that regard.

I think it's still early, after 4 days of camp. Reality for him is he's probably facing an uphill fight to make the team. He will not lose out b/c of injuries but rather b/c he couldn't compete. Maybe it's a shoulder, maybe not, we don't know yet. If he shows enough talent, and he has talent, the team will keep him around to develop even if it's on the ghost roster or the PS. That will happen if the team thinks the injuries will resolve themselves.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/761284221264551936[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/761288056523546624[/tweet]

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/761286104016232449[/tweet]

:(

hawknation2016

Reaction score
hawksfan515":78eoxf3y said:
Welp... Wasn't that our only potential FB?

There was some talk of trying Tre Madden at FB, but he's been sitting out with his arm in a sling.

I wonder if they would consider trying Collins at FB.

There was also some talk of moving DTs Taniela Tupou or Brandin Bryant.

TEs Brandon Williams or Nick Vannett could possibly play some FB or H-back. I think they are intrigued about Williams, in particular, as a blocker. He has seen first team reps as a blocking TE ahead of Vannett.

Latest posts