Must Do's for a Canadians First Seahawks Game

Seahawkscanadian

Reaction score
Hi 12's,

This season I will see my first Seahawks game, week 3 at home vs. San Fran.
If you would like, how about suggesting some must do's for a Canadian 12's first game :)
Thanks!

Seahawkscanadian

-Edmonton AB

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Seahawkscanadian":tunxdyg1 said:
Hi 12's,

If you would like, how about suggesting some must do's for a Canadian 12's first game :)
Thanks!

Seahawkscanadian

-Edmonton AB
San Francisco people are pretty laid back and San Jose people moreso but given it's an NFL game find a group of 12's and stick with them and have fun.
:greetingsearthling:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":du7d2aly said:
Seahawkscanadian":du7d2aly said:
Hi 12's,

Thanks!

Seahawkscanadian

-Edmonton AB
San Francisco people are pretty laid back and San Jose people moreso but given it's an NFL game find a group of 12's and stick with them and have fun.

The game is in Seattle. 8)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":318fpg0o said:
MizzouHawkGal":318fpg0o said:
Seahawkscanadian":318fpg0o said:
Hi 12's,

Thanks!

Seahawkscanadian

-Edmonton AB

The game is in Seattle. 8)
Well do exactly the same then. It'll work out even better. :D

Also remember to bring your passport, whatever bag is legal filled with goodies and about thousand dollars just for parking if you don't like walking a mile or so. 8)

jonkchar

Reaction score
Head down early, Safeco Field is usually open for food, drinks, early games on the jumbo screen. Bring those cheap $1 ponchos if there is even a hint of rain, don't bring purses or backpacks- NFL wants you to use clear bags. Be loud, and have fun!
Sincerely, a neighbor to the West (in Alaska) :)

Cyrus12

Reaction score
try to forget about the cdn to usd exchange rate. get to stadium early as lots to take in.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Seahawkscanadian":2enbu16i said:
Hi 12's,

Thanks!

Seahawkscanadian

-Edmonton AB

Get used to drinking something other than Labatt's or Moosehead.

But seriously, you'll need to get to the stadium area early and find some watering hole to watch the early games. There's not a lot of tailgating like there is in other NFL cities, but the bar scene is great even if you're a non drinker.

FYI I just got through buying tickets to that game, too. Paid an arm and a leg for the tickets...and a hip, thigh, and shoulder. I'll be taking my daughter's boyfriend to his first ever Seahawk's game.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Depending on your physical abilities, don't worry about some walking.
We always stay at a hotel that's close to Pikes/Bell town area. The walk to the stadium is part of the fun. Start out early and make a few stops along the way (places will be obvious).
My favorite final stop for pre funk is Temple Billiards but there are several good ones close to the stadium.
Remember, you can take food into the stadium but everything must be in the "approved" clear bag, no backpacks allowed. Visit the page for exact details.

As others have said, get an early start. There is so much going on and tons to take in. The game day atmosphere is ELECTRIC.

My heart rate has gone up just thinking about it, as a first timer, you're in for a treat, and you'll be creating a life long memory.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
IMO, the bar scene is what makes game day so special!! It's the anticipation, the build up of being downtown with close to 100,000 people , the mob mentality of most fans down there all united by the love of the team!!! There are many, many places close to the stadium to start the pre-funk but as somebody else stated earlier Safeco opens before the games now and surprisingly has the best prices for beer!!! Unless you're bringing children, my opinion is avoid touchdown city or at least don't plan on being in there for to long! I know that's not the sentiment of most fans but I don't go to the games to be tricked into believing I'm getting a "free" trinket when the vendors are really just trying to sign you up for something. get downtown early hand over your mortgage payment to park and just take it all in!

Travis

Reaction score
My wife and I made it down to our first game last year (also from Edmonton) and we went to the pregame activities next door to the stadium. Seeing all the activities in there, the live pregame shows and getting our picture with Marcus Trufant was awesome. Doesn't look like we can make it down this year but we'll definitely be doing that before the game next time we're down.

Going over early to watch warm ups was a blast too. Got some great pictures before heading up to our seats.

Hard to go wrong really, it's such a great atmosphere. Enjoy the trip!

OP
OP
S

Seahawkscanadian

Reaction score
Wow thanks everyone! Cant wait. My wife and I now have a big list to accomplish :)
12's really are the best.

Tim

Latest posts