Who was most improved/who took a step back?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Not including free agents we signed or rookies, who in your opinion stepped up from last year and who took a step back and did not play as well. Lets keep injured players out of the talk as injuries can derail any season. So players that were healthy and able throughout most of the season. Also who do you expect a big year from next year?

improved from last year: offense: Wilson-hard to ignore the numbers and leadership he displayed this year. Over 4000 yds and 34 td's he really put the team on his back.

Defense: I would of said KJ Wright but imo he seemed to fizzle out the last few games. I will go with Michael Bennett. He played lights out down the stretch and probably will want a raise in the offseason.

Drop offs: offense: pretty much anyone on the o line. I didn't see any improvement and they seemed to regress until getting it back a little bit down the stretch only to be exposed again vs Carolina.

Defense: Obvious choice is Kam Chancellor but Earl Thomas imo also had a down year. I probably have them close.

For next year: I expect Sherman and Thomas to have a better year next year with a but more fire to start the season with.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I would have said Baldwin as most improved. But who knows if he a genuinely got better of just got more opportunities. I think Bruce Irvin is getting a lot better as an all around lb as well.

Most dissapointing was lynch. Even before his injury I thought he was fat and slow.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1slpz3rs said:
I would have said Baldwin as most improved. But who knows if he a genuinely got better of just got more opportunities. I think Bruce Irvin is getting a lot better as an all around lb as well.

Most dissapointing was lynch. Even before his injury I thought he was fat and slow.

Soooo,,,can I quote you stating that he won't be back this year? :roll:

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":195vmbdd said:
JSeahawks":195vmbdd said:

Who are you referring to? I don't think Irvin or lynch will be back.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Shead improved quite a bit. Frankly, I didn't think he had it in him.

Coleman, Lynch, Kam all took a step back along with the entire offensive line.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Improved:
Michael Bennett: Not only did he arguably have one of his best years, but he is now the heartbeat and leader of the defense.
Russell: This team is officially his now.

Step Back:
Tharold Simon: All the potential in the world, but can't avoid the injury bug.
Jordan Hill: He showed flashes of a future star last year, but seemed to disappear this year.

chris98251

Reaction score
I don't think it's players really, many were recovering from injuries from playing almost three seasons in two, the step back was coaching staff, the influx took a long time to get things together, with the turnover we had it's not all that unexpected to see some bumps, we did well getting it together at all, I think we see a more focused and improved level of coaching and thinking next season.

rjdriver

Reaction score
This may seem unconventional or even silly but I was very surprised that Steven Hauschka missed 4 extra points this year. Statistically he had fine season, but even with the PAT moved to the 15 yard line, he looked a little off kicking PAT's.

kf3339

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1s5r7q2f said:
Bigpumpkin":1s5r7q2f said:
JSeahawks":1s5r7q2f said:

Who are you referring to? I don't think Irvin or lynch will be back.

Agreed on both.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Not necessarily most improved but the biggest season was Doug Baldwin. My biggest disappointment was Chancellor. I think he is still solid but the big hits were what made him and I think they have taken there toll physically. He was very average this year. I also think Richard Sherman was fantastic this year as was Bennett!

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I don't think the entire offensive line became worse. Lewis and Sweezy looked like they did last year. Not great but not horrible either. Gilliam was a first time starter. Only Okung and Britt regressed. Okung didn't become much worse but injuries and old age caught up a bit. Britt didn't become much worse either, he was already bad last year but he defied expectations and became even worse.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I don't know why, but I was a little underwhelmed by Bobby Wagner this year. I know he had a couple of TDs, but those were more of a "right place at the right time" kind of thing.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2fgzl0ov said:
I don't know why, but I was a little underwhelmed by Bobby Wagner this year. I know he had a couple of TDs, but those were more of a "right place at the right time" kind of thing.

That's because he was incredible last year. It's the same as with Earl. Phenomenal one year and "just" really good the year after.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Improved: 2nd half of the regular season Bevell
Step Back: Playoff Bevell

seahawks08

Reaction score
Pass rush against a weak teams Great. Pass rush against good teams because of play calling or whatever was not there. Coaching definitely took a step back and that is understandable. Loss in Super Bowl took the mental grit out of the players. Pete mentioned it, it took a while to get it out of their system. Oline wasn't serviceable at games, RB due to injury or whatever took a step back. Kick return and punt return most improved. QB and play calling in second half most improved.

Vetamur

Reaction score
For me, most improved was Shead and it wasnt close. A lot of others took advantage of more opportunity, but I dont think they were as much improved.

Biggest step back.. in a sense Chancellor as he had some games where his actions made him a liability, and thats never been true before. But it doesnt feel quite right listing him there...

Basis4day

Reaction score
I think Jordan Hill is a great call. He was having a breakout year last year and was looking like a rising star.

I think Baldwin has always played at a high level, but Wilson has improved at finding him.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
Step forward:
1. Shead: He just earned himself a payday when his rookie contract expires.
2. Marsh: Went from a liability last year to being average in relief duty.
3. Post cut CMike: seems like he finally decided not to take his shot for granted.
4. Mike Bennett: Even more dominant 1 man wrecking crew

Step back
1. Chancellor: coverage liability this season. Hopefully not being all pro this year will get his butt in camp so he can work on his craft.
2. ET3: Injuries, Kam's holdout, Cary Williams. Earl just wasn't himself
3. ML: Never healthy and played like it.
4. KPL: Flashed last year. Liability this year.
5. Simon: Did he even play this year.
6. Jordan Hill: Never flashed this year.
7. Mike Bennett: Jumped the step forward snap count and ended up on the step back list too.

Atradees

Reaction score
When they offered the initial contract to Chancellor I was like what? Your gonna pay a safety huge dollars? Youve got to be kidding me. I feel like its one of the most replaceable positions in football like the running back position. Rookies can fit the bill if you draft well. One needs a sloberknocker and a run stopper. The turnover create themselves with a certain level of violence. Kam may be losing that edge which is understandable.