This made me feel better.

sam1313

Reaction score
Sorry if someone else posted this before, but there may be others who have not yet read Hawkblogger's Morning After Article:

"There have been 141 times in NFL history that a team has trailed by 30 points or more at halftime. Only one team besides the Seahawks (the 1989 Green Bay Packers @ the LA Rams) was able to end the game within one score. " http://www.hawkblogger.com/2016/01/the-morning-after-panthers-overwhelm.html

That is some pretty cool sh** right there. The first half of the Carolina game was one of the most agonizing things I have ever experienced, but the way we fought back was nevertheless badass. Especially without a single turnover.

Thanks Seahawks, even when you drive me crazy you still find a way to make me proud! Here is to next year ! :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

(edited to spell "half" correct :34853_doh: )

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Always compete--except you cannot win in the first quarter, you cannot win in the second quarter, you cannot win in the third quarter...

It is an interesting stat though. Thanks!

gargantual

Reaction score
It's no surprise that every national mention I've heard of that game has raved about all the points scored in the first half......and just crickets about the second half.

Of course, I haven't spent much time looking at the media conversation. Has anyone heard anyone out there giving the Hawks credit for shutting them out in the second & third quarters?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
It was a good comeback attempt. However the sad part was the fact that they were down by 31 points in the first place.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Actually, you can win in the second quarter. Because that is essentially what the panthers did.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
HawkNuts":20b0u50g said:
Actually, you can win in the second quarter. Because that is essentially what the panthers did.

Of course, that's why they brought in all of their backups to start the 2nd half.

firebee

Reaction score
You can't win a game in the 1st quarter, 2nd quarter or 3rd quarter; but you can lose a game in the 1st quarter. Proud of the way they fought back, but that was a huge hole they put themselves in. You can't win games in the 4th quarter when you put yourselves in the hole like that early in a game.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Some people feel the need to view the come back attempt as some sort of silver lining on a crappy game.

I'm not one of those people.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
How in th ehell can ANY team comeback from a 31-0 deficit- frankly they should never have been in that position, reat second half OR NOT I think the DC should be fired

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":2owxei20 said:
Always compete--except you cannot win in the first quarter, you cannot win in the second quarter, you cannot win in the third quarter...

It is an interesting stat though. Thanks!
Pete's never said that you "Cannot" win in in any quarter, it's "Are Games Won", or "Do You Win".\
His message is---> You have to keep fighting, and never quit, because you can't win if you give up before the last whistle blows. ..............But I think you already know that.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":uk3f08tq said:
Some people feel the need to view the come back attempt as some sort of silver lining on a crappy game.

Yeah, what the Seahawks should have done, is go back out after Half Time and gave their congrats to the Panthers, boarded the busses and come home?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1snf7eg2 said:

You're right. Leaving the score at 31-0 would have been so much better.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1ohtixn5 said:
Hawkstorian":1ohtixn5 said:

You're right. Leaving the score at 31-0 would have been so much better.

14-0 was enough for him.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I just wish they would have played 4 quarters and not two...then we would of got to see them play next weekend. Ya they competed when other teams would of just given up but a loss is a loss.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
hawkfan68":11ob5lh0 said:
It was a good comeback attempt. However the sad part was the fact that they were down by 31 points in the first place.
This. I think I look at the score and second half as a means to cope. I am in denial. Tough game. Time to look towards next year. Go Hawks

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Doesn't make me feel better. If they decided to start playing at 10 AM PT and not Noon PT we probably are getting set for another Super Bowl date with Peyton Manning.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Marlin Man":jhihn1ez said:
How in th ehell can ANY team comeback from a 31-0 deficit- frankly they should never have been in that position, reat second half OR NOT I think the DC should be fired

Yeah how dare Kris Richard make Russell Wilson throw 2 INT's that led to 14 Panther points or have his starting D whiff horribly on Jonathan Stewart to start the game setting up another easy score.

:roll: