Thomas Rawls

chevelle03

Reaction score
I have been rewatching the season and I had forgotten just how unbelievably good this guy was in his rookie year! That is all.

JPatera76

Reaction score
chevelle03":16mdczb7 said:
I have been rewatching the season and I had forgotten just how unbelievably good this guy was in his rookie year! That is all.

During a time our oline still wasn't looking so hot or "gelling" either

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Losing him took the wind out of my sails. I would be so so much more confident with him out there. Not that C-Mike hasn't done an admirable job.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
No matter what happens this Sunday against Carolina, I am already pumped for next season. If Lynch returns what a helluva backup Rawls will be. If Lynch does not, then the Rawls/Michael Team is exciting in itself.

RussB

Reaction score
Oh man he was awesome. Absolute baller.
rawls.gif

Wartooth

Reaction score
I was just glad his wasn't a more serious injury.
He should be good to go next year!
He has those instincts you can't coach, and isn't afraid to be physical.
Another undrafted free agent gem.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
It's crazy how great he played, made us forget beast was out. There aren't many runners capable of doing that.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
SPIRITOF12":pxvvngfr said:
No matter what happens this Sunday against Carolina, I am already pumped for next season. If Lynch returns what a helluva backup Rawls will be. If Lynch does not, then the Rawls/Michael Team is exciting in itself.
No chance of Lynch coming back. Like literally zero.

Age + cap hit + injuries + Rawls = 0% chance Lynch returns.

It's Rawls' job to lose next year.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
BEAST! I can't wait to see what he does as a starter next year.

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":sdi5g3b1 said:
SPIRITOF12":sdi5g3b1 said:

His new contract goes into effect next season because they didn't tear this year up when he was resigned, right? I don't think we can void the contract, and since we haven't even entered year one of the deal, we would be on the hook for the entire signing bonus, which I believe was a significant number, so we're better off keeping lynch. I'm not a cap expert, so I very well could be wrong, but that's how it sounds to me

kearly

Reaction score
When Rawls was in there after the post-bye shift to a spread offense, it felt like Seattle couldn't lose a game.

If he stays healthy next year, look out.

HawkerD

Reaction score
nIdahoSeahawk":2rinrxp3 said:
bjornanderson21":2rinrxp3 said:
SPIRITOF12":2rinrxp3 said:

His new contract goes into effect next season because they didn't tear this year up when he was resigned, right? I don't think we can void the contract, and since we haven't even entered year one of the deal, we would be on the hook for the entire signing bonus, which I believe was a significant number, so we're better off keeping lynch. I'm not a cap expert, so I very well could be wrong, but that's how it sounds to me

According to Over the Cap we save $6M of 2016 cap by cutting him prior to June 1st and have $2.5M in dead money in both 16 and 17

Seymour

Reaction score
SPIRITOF12":2jnnn9ut said:

Did you watch the 2 run behind the same Oline this year?

If so, then you must mean you'd love to see Lynch backup Rawls, because that is the only scenario that makes sense for the team (ignoring Lynch's $12M of course).

Hawks46

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I'm actually excited to watch Rawls and Michael next year.

I'm the biggest Lynch fan ever, but I just don't see how he's more productive than Rawls next year. I also don't see him backing anyone up.