Baldwin vs Norman

getnasty

Reaction score
This seems like the key to the game to me. Maybe im wrong but it seems we always struggle to run the ball against Carolina, so ADB need to come up big. Sure would be nice to have Graham or Richardsonp or both as a 3rd option.

rideaducati

Reaction score
The Panthers have never seen the new-look Seahawk offense. They will not be ready for it with backups in their secondary.

RussB

Reaction score
Doesnt matter if norman lines up against baldwin. That leaves oppurtunities for lockett and kearse to burn finnegan lol.

Cartire

Reaction score
RussB":jc0whvvs said:
Doesnt matter if norman lines up against baldwin. That leaves oppurtunities for lockett and kearse to burn finnegan lol.

This is really it. Norman cant cover both sides of the field. And Im more the comfortable with lockett and Kearse having big games.

carolinablue

Reaction score
Norman can lock Baldwin down if need be. Not worried about who Norman is covering as much as I'm concerned about who McClain is covering.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I don't care if Baldwin has a great game or not. Norman is pretty good wherever he goes, and can keep Baldwin in check, although Baldwin has really come on the 2nd half of the season.

I just don't see anyone covering Lockett or Kearse.

I also think that Willson needs to have a good game. If that happens, we're looking really good.

RussB

Reaction score
Cartire":36gr7496 said:
RussB":36gr7496 said:

This is really it. Norman cant cover both sides of the field. And Im more the comfortable with lockett and Kearse having big games.
Exactly to many threats for norman to cover all by himself. Their secondary has gaps that will be exploited.

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
If Norman is able to win 1 on 1 match ups with Baldwin theres gonna be extra help on Lockett and Kearse. I like Lockett and Kearse if they have 1 on 1 but with safety help, not so much.

Cartire

Reaction score
getnasty":2358f873 said:
If Norman is able to win 1 on 1 match ups with Baldwin theres gonna be extra help on Lockett and Kearse. I like Lockett and Kearse if they have 1 on 1 but with safety help, not so much.

Kinda hard in 4 WR sets to help someone without someone else being left wide open. Hell, even 11 personnel sets are pretty much impossible to double team without leaving either the TE or RB wide open.

RussB

Reaction score
Cartire":2h76ts1o said:
getnasty":2h76ts1o said:

Kinda hard in 4 WR sets to help someone without someone else being left wide open. Hell, even 11 personnel sets are pretty much impossible to double team without leaving either the TE or RB wide open.
Yup, somebody is gonna get open. If they put safety help on lockett or kearse than can leave th slot or TE open. Or the running back like you said.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Plus, Baldwin was able to get open against Revis in the Super Bowl multiple times. I don't think Norman will completely lock Baldwin down all day. He'll get his chances.

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1pq8dcmi said:
Plus, Baldwin was able to get open against Revis in the Super Bowl multiple times. I don't think Norman will completely lock Baldwin down all day. He'll get his chances.

Doug had 1 catch for 3 yards in the Superbowl, and some would say it was aided by the ref.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Norman's an outside cover-2 corner. If he wants to cover Baldwin, he'd have to get out of his comfort zone.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/mikeclaynfl/status/686380433815257088[/tweet]

Ozzy

Reaction score
Lockett is going to have a monster day.

RussB

Reaction score
getnasty":37a5jit8 said:
HawkFan72":37a5jit8 said:

Doug had 1 catch for 3 yards in the Superbowl, and some would say it was aided by the ref.
Norman isnt revis. And doug has gotten even better.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
OP, strange key to the game considering they won't line up against each other much. Just sayin.... I don't get it.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I'm far more worried about Star Lotulelei owning Lewis and disrupting the middle of the pocket like Aaron Donald does than I am who's covering Baldwin. He'll get open. Always does.

marko358

Reaction score
I expect Luke Willson to have a monster game like he usually does against them.