If Hawks Lock Up 5 Seed After Week 16...

Keyhawk

Reaction score
Do they play all out to win vs Cardinals or play the starters with limited time?

Rat

Reaction score
We should rest everyone. Not worth the injury risk and the team has done fine the past two years having a week off before the first playoff game.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Rest the players after the first half.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think if there is a chance to play for an advantage we will play for points and shutting down as much as we can the Cards.

Rat

Reaction score
mikeak":263h5jsg said:
Remember this isn't college. You really can't rest everyone

But stars won't play
I obviously wasn't suggesting that we rest literally everyone. That would result in a forfeit.

idahohawk

Reaction score
I was just wondering this exact same thing. It would be nice to lock up the 5!

Keyhawk":23sqrcz0 said:
Do they play all out to win vs Cardinals or play the starters with limited time?

QuahHawk

Reaction score
It depends on what else is at stake at the time, Can we knock AZ out of the #1 or #2 seed. Can we finish with the #1 Defense or #1 run offense. I think some marks might sway the players to playing long that necessary.

But I imagine the most likely is to see them play for the 1st half.

kearly

Reaction score
Injuries matter but so does momentum. And just because we take 5-10 key starters out doesn't mean that the injuries we take wouldn't hurt us.

IIRC, Seattle clinched a playoff spot and had nothing to play for in week 17 of 2012, yet still played their starters all the way until the game was won.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":2vf171i8 said:
Injuries matter but so does momentum. And just because we take 5-10 key starters out doesn't mean that the injuries we take wouldn't hurt us.

IIRC, Seattle clinched a playoff spot and had nothing to play for in week 17 of 2012, yet still played their starters all the way until the game was won.

We still had a shot at the division title, thats why we didn't rest anyone.

Rob12

Reaction score
Selfishly I'd like to play the starters the whole way through and get a win. Probably not the best way to go about it though.

But like Kip said, momentum matters. This team has feasted off of it over the past two seasons in the late stages. I'd hate to see us rest starters and end up losing.

jake206

Reaction score
I don't think Pete believes in coasting into the playoffs. Its the antithesis to his philosophy. 1-game at a time? Remember. He's not going to bench players, if its a close game. They will leave starters in, unless they are ahead, by alot.

kearly

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3qhotwsi said:
kearly":3qhotwsi said:

We still had a shot at the division title, thats why we didn't rest anyone.

Touche.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I hate the 'rest the starters' philosophy. I want to see them crush the Cardinals.

Polaris

Reaction score
If there is truly nothing to play for in week 17 (#5 seed locked up, Arizona has clinched the division), I expect Pete will treat the game like the third preseason game, i.e. starters will play a half and then the backups play.

MVP53

Reaction score
Wenhawk":bm7kh20n said:
It depends on what else is at stake at the time, Can we knock AZ out of the #1 or #2 seed. Can we finish with the #1 Defense or #1 run offense. I think some marks might sway the players to playing long that necessary.

I don't know why knocking Arizona out of the 1 or 2 seed would be of concern to Seattle.

You rest your starters if you can, IMO.

Rat

Reaction score
MVP53":2sxmwtr7 said:
Wenhawk":2sxmwtr7 said:

I don't know why knocking Arizona out of the 1 or 2 seed would be of concern to Seattle.

You rest your starters if you can, IMO.

Agreed. That could be an enormous advantage to the Seahawks against an NFC East champion that's likely to come down to the last week.

I don't think a week off would kill our momentum. We had a week off before our first playoff game the past two years and still did fine.

Latest posts