If Hawks Lock Up 5 Seed After Week 16...

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The Colts used to do this and most of the time came out flat in the playoffs.I saw enough to dislike the rest up theory.

Polaris

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1fa7ki3g said:
The Colts used to do this and most of the time came out flat in the playoffs.I saw enough to dislike the rest up theory.

Well the Colts would do this and THEN get the bye week more often than not, and the Colts would often do this for several weeks in a row. I think that's a bit different from treating one game as a preseason game...and only if there is really nothing to play for. It would only be a single game too since there is no way everything is going to be locked up this next week.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
kearly":34brkvbs said:
Injuries matter but so does momentum. And just because we take 5-10 key starters out doesn't mean that the injuries we take wouldn't hurt us.

Besides the 'Always compete' mantra, there is the matter of the Cards beating us in our house...and handedly too!

IMHO: We gotta show them we are not the same team now as then. Let's put'm on notice.

Go Hawks!

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
I would rest as many key starters as possible. It keeps them safe and it gives playing time to more of the backups. If we suffer injuries in the playoffs it would be nice to know the replacements have recent game experience.

Rat

Reaction score
LymonHawk":3dm6kphj said:
Besides the 'Always compete' mantra,

I don't think anyone is suggesting that the backups not compete while they're in there.

Besides, I think this team is mature enough to not take a 17-16 loss in a preseason style game (all backups, vanilla game plans, etc) as a true indication of their ability to in the playoffs, especially when they have years of evidence that say otherwise.

All it takes is one player falling on Russell's leg awkwardly to end our championship hopes. If we can pretty much guarantee that won't happen, it feels reckless not to rest guys.

MVP53

Reaction score
LymonHawk":10i5wwue said:
kearly":10i5wwue said:
Injuries matter but so does momentum. And just because we take 5-10 key starters out doesn't mean that the injuries we take wouldn't hurt us.

Besides the 'Always compete' mantra, there is the matter of the Cards beating us in our house...and handedly too!

IMHO: We gotta show them we are not the same team now as then. Let's put'm on notice.

Go Hawks!

Eh, put em on notice in the playoffs, not in a meaningless week 17 game. Heck, there's a decent chance the Cards will be resting their guys too.