What kind of Beast will come back

chris98251

Reaction score
Lynch is rehabbing, abdominal surgery or sports hernia, as much as I want him back I want him sound and not have a chance to re rupture the injury, this time of year a team will attack the weakness of a player to exploit it if they can, hitting Lynch in that area happens anyway when you tackle.

I think if we can weather this for a week or two we can get him back with fresh legs, a fresh attitude for a stretch run. IF HE IS TRULY 100 PERCENT.

The type of player he is I know he wants to be out there and will push himself, especially now that we are in need and not able to have Mini Beast in there whom he seemed to have adopted.

I think the worst thing we could do is rush him back ahead of schedule, Jackson and Coleman should be able to help, Cleveland does have a decent secondary so we do have to keep them honest with a running game or they will be jumping routes on us. Honest is 80 yds by a RB, not including Wilson.

If Lynch is 100 percent I think we can use Cleveland as a stepping stone, Rams are going to be a tough game no matter what their record is, they just beat Detroit, Cardinals is a game that we want to win going into the playoffs for a number a reasons, seeding, record, and a rival in the division.

Rob12

Reaction score
I think he comes back ready to Beast. He knows this might be it, and he would love to go out with a bang. Imagine that script if he helped lead us back to the Owl.

I think he'll have plenty of motivation. Especially with a lot of people thinking he's done.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Rob12":31iln5gq said:
I think he comes back ready to Beast. He knows this might be it, and he would love to go out with a bang. Imagine that script if he helped lead us back to the Owl.

I think he'll have plenty of motivation. Especially with a lot of people thinking he's done.

This is best case scenario. One last run. Let's go beast mode

replicant

Reaction score
Before Rawls got hurt, I was wondering if when Beast returned, he would upset the apple cart. Now I'm very thankful he'll be coming back.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
This may likely be the final run of the Beast and what a script if we made it all the way back to the SB and there was another goal line opportunity. I agree he'll be pumped and out to prove people wrong, but I just wonder with having missed a month and a half or so by the time he's back, just how rusty he may be?

How long will it take him to be in game shape? He was already looking a little heavy this year. How good physical shape will he really be? Will he still be able to hit the holes explosively? I enjoy the optimism people have, but the expectation that he's just going to step right in and have monster Beast quake runs again is not realistic. Teams will go back to stacking the box again and I just hope he's able to find a way to fight his way through.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
With the way the OLine is coming along, I expect Marshawn to have some solid games late in the season against banged up defenses. I hope he makes it back against the Rams, gets into game shape the last two games and is ready for an epic playoff run with a Super Bowl MVP for his trophy case.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I hope he has a new fire burning in him.
I hope watching Rawls has inspired him.

If this is the case, we might see a side of the beast that nobody has seen.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
replicant":3bz0yb50 said:
Before Rawls got hurt, I was wondering if when Beast returned, he would upset the apple cart. Now I'm very thankful he'll be coming back.

You are not the only one. My opinion is if he wants to be here next year, then it should be.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
This could be the legacy of his career coming up, out for injury, comes back just in time to make the playoffs and take us to the dance and win it. I only hope he is used like Rawls, not a focal point and tunnel vision by Bevell but a weapon in a arsenal.

marko358

Reaction score
Storybook ending. He comes back and goes on a tear to win his 2nd Super Bowl and then retires.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Difference now vs the start of season is that the line is opening holes. Even if he plays hurt, he will still hit those holes.. personally I think he will be running like a mad ma when he comes back.

Many forgot what he is capable of, as rawls was absolutely phenomenal. It will be a real treat to be reminded again

HawkGA

Reaction score
replicant":1270cf2i said:

Do we honestly know if he's coming back. I know there is hope, but I've heard nothing of time lines. Do we even know if we are looking at a week-to-week situation or are we looking at a "if the Seahawks make it to the Super Bowl he can come back" situation?

Sign37now

Reaction score
marko358":1r92ucd8 said:
Storybook ending. He comes back and goes on a tear to win his 2nd Super Bowl and then retires.

Too bad the SB isn't in Oakland this year. That would almost guarantee a win for us. Bettis part 2.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
That Lynch is again being strongly rumored to not be on next year's roster tells me that the team is not bullish on his health.

Rob12

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":14nqax27 said:
This may likely be the final run of the Beast and what a script if we made it all the way back to the SB and there was another goal line opportunity. I agree he'll be pumped and out to prove people wrong, but I just wonder with having missed a month and a half or so by the time he's back, just how rusty he may be?

How long will it take him to be in game shape? He was already looking a little heavy this year. How good physical shape will he really be? Will he still be able to hit the holes explosively? I enjoy the optimism people have, but the expectation that he's just going to step right in and have monster Beast quake runs again is not realistic. Teams will go back to stacking the box again and I just hope he's able to find a way to fight his way through.

Why not though? I mean he's had time to rest his back and hamstring. If he's able to come back from his recent surgery in as little as four or five weeks, I don't see it being that serious.

Remember, this is a guy that typically does nothing on the field in training camp and sits out of practices probably 80 percent of the time. There might be some rust, but I see it differently. The offensive line, going off of the eye test at least, looks leaps and bounds better than it did when he went down. If he can trust that those holes will get opened up, I see no reason why his return could realistically be a very impactful one.

Either way, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, as I truly believe he is still an elite back in this league. He believes it too I'd guess, and is looking forward to getting back with his brothers.

I don't say "epic" much, but yeah, I think his return is going to be epic. And it will absolutely affect what opposing defenses do.

Rob12

Reaction score
HawkGA":2d8ew3fz said:
replicant":2d8ew3fz said:

Do we honestly know if he's coming back. I know there is hope, but I've heard nothing of time lines. Do we even know if we are looking at a week-to-week situation or are we looking at a "if the Seahawks make it to the Super Bowl he can come back" situation?

Pete did say "maybe next week - we'll see." Pete seems to be usually correct in his estimates on returns. I'd like to see him rested and rehabbed another two weeks. Depending on whether or not the No. 5 seed is locked up, he could be inserted in Week 17 against the Cardinals.

I think it's 100 percent that he's back this season.