Never EVER doubt a Pete Carroll-coached team!

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
The guy is a svengali. When we were 2-4, on the heels of an excruciating Super Bowl loss and numerous 4th quarter meltdowns, I was wondering whether his positive mantra had gotten stale with the players. I especially thought that his decision to bring back Bevell was extremely unpopular in the locker room and was dividing the team. Wrong on all counts evidently.

Let's not underestimate how easy it is for organizational morale to plummet and a locker room to become toxic when faced with a string of adversity. Human nature is to accept that the gods are against you and to shut it down and prepare for next year. All Carroll does is regroup and find another way to win forever. I wish he was my life coach.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Best coach we've ever had and with Knox and Holmgren, that's saying a lot.

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
Except when it matters most. I always thought this coaching staff would cost us a game, but I thought it would be because of bad time out/clock management. Never thought it would cost us a second straight Super Bowl title.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":22xmsong said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/676179217579696128[/tweet]

CWJDhFLU4AAIVKC

Ceiling high positivism. Gotta love it.

replicant

Reaction score
"You win....It's what you do."

I see a Geico commercial in Pete's future.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Too lazy to fact check but if the Seahawks finish 11-5 and if you dont count the other Carroll years, that would be the 2nd best record (other than 2005) in the last 20-25 years.

253hawk

Reaction score
If you need a motivational wallpaper...

12339309_10153197775006722_426640714052253413_o.jpg

scutterhawk

Reaction score
DYLcurry59":jt58wvrf said:
Except when it matters most. I always thought this coaching staff would cost us a game, but I thought it would be because of bad time out/clock management. Never thought it would cost us a second straight Super Bowl title.

Don't feel too much positive assurance folks, cuz here comes the pee ^

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
scutterhawk":y8wae80v said:
DYLcurry59":y8wae80v said:

Really? Criticizing the worst play call in NFL history is being negative? A mistake that the coaching staff admitted? This wasn't in the 2nd quarter of an October game against the Jaguars - this was a play to clinch a second straight Super Bowl title and cement a place in history (well, we did do that but for the wrong reason). As someone else stated on this board, that play has put a black cloud over this season from the very start - something just feels off. Who knows when it will be lifted.

This team is absolutely firing on all cylinders right now, but the topic title is "Never EVER doubt a Pete Carroll coached team". This staff has given us plenty to doubt in the past, including earlier this season.

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2l9x6sj7 said:
DYLcurry59":2l9x6sj7 said:
scutterhawk":2l9x6sj7 said:
DYLcurry59":2l9x6sj7 said:

Really? Criticizing the worst play call in NFL history is being negative? A mistake that the coaching staff admitted? This wasn't in the 2nd quarter of an October game against the Jaguars - this was a play to clinch a second straight Super Bowl title and cement a place in history (well, we did do that but for the wrong reason). As someone else stated on this board, that play has put a black cloud over this season from the very start - something just feels off. Who knows when it will be lifted.

This team is absolutely firing on all cylinders right now, but the topic title is "Never EVER doubt a Pete Carroll coached team". This staff has given us plenty to doubt in the past, including earlier this season.

I don't know about the worst play call in NFL history. Hindsight is always 20/20. Had we scored on that play, no-one would care. What happened was a rookie DB made an absolutely spectacular play, aided by savvy veteran Browner who walled-off Kearse who would have rubbed the rookie out of the play, had he gotten a clean release. that one play is not the reason we lost the superbowl. We lost because Tom Brady was able to completely abuse our depleted and injured secondary for most of the second half. When you have a 10-point lead going into the 4th quarter, you can't really blame one play for losing. Do I wish we had've just handed the ball to Lynch? Of course I do. But claiming that was the worst playcall in history is hyperbolic rubbish. Blame Quinn for not getting enough pressure on Brady in the second half. Blame Bevell for going mostly conservative in the second half on offense. Blame Tharold Simon for allowing big catch after big catch through the fourth quarter. The Seahawks as a whole made some naive mistakes in that game, but I still would never doubt this team, not after what we witnessed in last year's NFCCG, or what we almost witnessed in last years SB.

The injuries to Lane and Avril are what cost us the game, but when despite everything that happened before all you have to do is gain one yard to win, and you have the best running back in the league with 3 chances to get it, the play call was awful. I don't necessarily mind so much that they passed. It's just the empty backfield, and throwing to Browner's side. Say what you will about probability stats, but I read last week if they would have handed to Lynch 3 times they would have had a 96% chance of winning. I get that they ran down the clock and had to pass at least once in that scenario, which I agreed with because I wouldn't want to leave Brady any time at all.

Mojambo

Reaction score
DYLcurry59":2nuqa8p2 said:
scutterhawk":2nuqa8p2 said:
DYLcurry59":2nuqa8p2 said:

You fail "There's a Time and a Place 101."

Latest posts