THIS is the Russell Wilson I've been waiting for!!

Tical21

Reaction score
Now, do you see what I've been saying!?! Do you see how much better Russell Wilson could have got than he had been playing for the past few years? The past three weeks have shown the growth I've been waiting so long for before I could anoint #3 as the golden child. Isn't it amazing how much easier the game can be if you just get the ball out of your hands on time and let the playmakers do their thing for you? Trust that they're going to be open and just get the ball out. I know some of this is Bevell too. He did a great job getting options open today. But Russell has been decisive pre-snap, especially against the blitz and man coverage. Plant and throw. Or plant and hitch and throw. Win with your mind, not your playmaking ability, which was really sweet on the spin move thing today. That might have been the best move of his that I've seen.

If #3 keeps playing like this, keeps building off this, he becomes one of the greats in the game. I don't expect him to have a 115 rating every week, but if he keeps getting the ball out on time, his success will be sustainable, we won't have as many negative plays, we'll get some flow going to this offense, an we win multiple Super Bowls. I didn't think he had it in him, but he's been really impressive.

Seafan

Reaction score
Pete has been alluding to this saying a few times this season that they were getting really close. The whole team, the OL, the RBs/WRs/TEs and RW.

Rob12

Reaction score
Perfect 158.3 rating against the blitz the past three weeks. Insane! It's just like you said. Trust your guys and get the rock out. Watching him has been a thing of beauty. He's seriously one of the biggest joys I've ever had the pleasure of watching as a Seahawks fan for 26 years.

The way he spins out and makes defenders look foolish... He had two throw aways and two drops today, and still finished 21-27... Talk about dialed in.

Hopefully some of the detractors can start to realize how damn lucky we are. And he's now just entering his prime.

Great post, Tical... Always love reading your thoughts.

justafan

Reaction score
Tical21":21ccf405 said:
Now, do you see what I've been saying!?! Do you see how much better Russell Wilson could have got than he had been playing for the past few years? The past three weeks have shown the growth I've been waiting so long for before I could anoint #3 as the golden child. Isn't it amazing how much easier the game can be if you just get the ball out of your hands on time and let the playmakers do their thing for you? Trust that they're going to be open and just get the ball out. I know some of this is Bevell too. He did a great job getting options open today. But Russell has been decisive pre-snap, especially against the blitz and man coverage. Plant and throw. Or plant and hitch and throw. Win with your mind, not your playmaking ability, which was really sweet on the spin move thing today. That might have been the best move of his that I've seen.

If #3 keeps playing like this, keeps building off this, he becomes one of the greats in the game. I don't expect him to have a 115 rating every week, but if he keeps getting the ball out on time, his success will be sustainable, we won't have as many negative plays, we'll get some flow going to this offense, an we win multiple Super Bowls. I didn't think he had it in him, but he's been really impressive.

Agreed.the guy made an amazing transformation.

HansGruber

Reaction score
I wonder if that o-line improving might have anything to do with it

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Yup, I've been waiting for THIS Russel Wilson. Heck, the team may even make the Super Bowl some day. What ...with the ...improvements and all. :sarcasm_off:

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Tical21":46kr1d3t said:
How possible is it that Schneider and Pete really don't want get anywhere near locking Russell up to the tune of 20 million per year, or anything like that?

I've said for a while now that I am not comfortable enough with what I've seen from Russell Wilson the passer to think he is worth anywhere near what the market is dictating, and that it would be a terrible decision to pay him. Any chance Pete and John agree with me?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=111510&p=1658349

:th2thumbs:

You were absolutely correct that Russell had not yet reached his full potential. This might sound like a weird comparison, but the way Russell is playing reminds me of the way Steph Curry is playing basketball right now. Calm, cool, collected, and in the zone. The game has slowed down for him.

hawker84

Reaction score
It helps that the O line is finally giving him some time and a clean pocket. I truly believe that's where it begins and ends with him.

Smellyman

Reaction score
smartest man on the inernet.

Probably toughest too.

hawker84

Reaction score
Largent80":1ovjs209 said:
Seriously?....It took you over 3 years and 2 superbowls in a row to get it?

No I actually got it way back in 2012 when our O line was weak as well. I was just commenting how nice it was to see a clean pocket for once, which is why you're seeing a different RW in the last 2, 3 games. So how did i not get it till now? posts like yours and the one above is what makes me want to stay clear if these boards. Really don't see the reason to attack me , But hey, whatever gets you through the day.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
hawker84":5yrleexp said:
Largent80":5yrleexp said:

No I actually got it way back in 2012 when our O line was weak as well. I was just commenting how nice it was to see a clean pocket for once, which is why you're seeing a different RW in the last 2, 3 games. So how did i not get it till now? posts like yours and the one above is what makes me want to stay clear if these boards. Really don't see the reason to attack me , But hey, whatever gets you through the day.

Are you sure either "attack" was directed towards you? I thought they were both directed towards the person who started the thread and neither post seemed all that bad to me.

Largent80

Reaction score
hawker84":294ixg1b said:
Largent80":294ixg1b said:

Really?...I asked a question and this is what we get. Do us all a favor and stay away if this is your method.... :roll:

hawker84

Reaction score
My method? First off, if not directed towards me then I apologize, you didn't quote who you were directing those questions to. So my bad. But why attack any posters? People are once again excited about their team and want to express it? What's your sarcastic questions trying to accomolish? Not trying to be a dick here, but the nitpicking on this board is beyond tiresome.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The only thing that surprises me is how surprised people are acting about Russell Wilson.

There hasn't been a single thing in the past 12 quarters that has changed my opinion about him. He's a once-in-a-lifetime player. He's special, and a future HOFer, I have felt that since he came into the league and nothing has changed my mind sense. Great games, bad games, average games...I feel exactly the same about how special he is every single week.

I don't mean to sound like I am puffing my chest out about it, but I am quite frankly surprised by some people's commentary as if the light has finally gone on for him, when it never was turned off.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
He had a great game, but it wasn't his first one.

Having a center who doesn't fall down in a light breeze really helps.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
bigtrain21":ael3yq98 said:
Are you sure either "attack" was directed towards you? I thought they were both directed towards the person who started the thread and neither post seemed all that bad to me.

One thing I am learning about this board is that some of the posters are super sensitive to the point that a question is taken as an attack...

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
We've seen glimpses of this before. Last year, against Arizona, I believe, he proved he can play this game. It's why I really thought we would shred NE in the Superbowl. They'd come out to stop Improv Russ and he'd tear them apart with the quick passing game. I think the challenge with Russ has been a tendency to revert to sandlot even when the quick passing game is there.

Very encouraged with the last few games, as it seems he's now doing it consistently, while retaining the sandlot skill set that will drive teams crazy for years to come. This was his next step, and it looks like he's taken it. Having a unique QB that can play both ways is the stuff of DC nightmares.

Also encouraging is that we have some young legit playmakers on our team just as he's reaching this point. That SB window is WIDE open now, regardless of what happens this year.

formido

Reaction score
I also will only say Wilson is great when he is playing as the best QB in NFL history. If I don't hold him to high standards, how will he improve? I can see he got the message.

Laloosh

Reaction score
His three game stretch from Nov of 2013 to Dec of 2013 weren't much different (141 rating, 7 TDs, 0 Ints, similar rushing totals). It's just been a while.

I think play design and overall offensive philosophy have evolved to account for an offensive line that cannot hold a block for long and that's great. Just don't think it was necessary in previous years and we could let Russ play backyard ball a bit more.

Glad to see the results, that's for sure.

Latest posts