Pittsburgh will be the 3rd...

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Seattle opponent in a row coming off a bye. Every team going to Seattle during this three game homestand has had an extra week to get ready.

Northern Hawk

Reaction score
The schedule makers seem as if they stopped watching SB XLVI in the last minute and a half and lived in a cave for 3 months. NE plays a lot of 4 and 5 win teams and we get a pretty hard schedule this year.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Scottemojo":n0j8h17s said:
Seattle opponent in a row coming off a bye. Every team going to Seattle during this three game homestand has had an extra week to get ready.
This is true.

I know this because I've been monitoring the situation very closely.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Was thinking about this last night, Scotte. Pretty unreal when you think about it. Everybody gets rest and more planning.

Team needs to come out and step on some throats. Buck the odds and do the improbable.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Northern Hawk":2na1ggro said:
The schedule makers seem as if they stopped watching SB XLVI in the last minute and a half and lived in a cave for 3 months. NE plays a lot of 4 and 5 win teams and we get a pretty hard schedule this year.

marko358

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2upagcxh said:
marko358":2upagcxh said:
Stop complaining. The schedule was made in 1978.
There wasn't bye weeks in 1978.

That was a dig at ringless who kept talking about how the schedules are made decades in advance.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
I have said for years now we need to come up with a league wide schedule that runs everyone through their by-weeks in the middle of the season.

If you had a full slate of double headers you could easily get all the teams run through in two weeks.

Getting a by early vs. late is just to unfair as a late season by is a lot more beneficial vs. an early season by.

JMO.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
And like every other team coming off their bye, they have a 50% chance of winning.

OMG THE HUMANITY!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Well WE did not do so hot coming off a bye.

Maybe we will get lucky and their QB will fly off to Mexico with his significant other, and then end up having his worst game of the year against us?

The Seahawks had plenty of chances, they just chose not to take advantage of them. Notice the Bengals tried to come back against the Cardinals (and probably would have but for that idiotic moonshot they took on 3rd and 2), but I guarantee that if that is a Hawk game, we end up trying to run out the clock to go to overtime in the Cards' position. Instead, the Cards moved quickly down the field and kicked the FG.

Anotherwords, you make your own luck and the Hawks haven't been taking advantage of the opportunities they HAVE had enough for us to have a leg to stand on complaining about teams coming off a bye against them. It should also be noted they are coming off a bye but we are at home, so if anything we were fortunate we aren't playing a Steeler team coming off a bye in their place with a 10am start.

A lot of reasons this team is not doing better, the schedule is way, way down the list.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I agree. It's pretty bush league.

however, some teams don't play well off bye weeks...The Seahawks are one of them.

It can be a huge advantage for some but others lose their momentum and sharpness.

Here's to hoping for good things this week.

RussB

Reaction score
If defense can play like they have been for the past 2 years, pittsburg offense shouldnt be a problem. They need to bench cary again this game though because Antonio Brown will torch his ass all day. Hope lane is back for this game.

AB84

Reaction score
Hi Guys -- Friendly Steelers fan here to talk football leading up to Sunday. I'm from WA so this game has some extra bearing for me as most of my family are Seahawks fans.

As someone mentioned, not all teams play well coming off a bye. While I am happy Pittsburgh had a bye to nurse injuries, I know they often play poorly coming off a bye too. Hell, Pittsburgh plays poorly in Seattle in general. I was there in 2003 for the Steelers v. Seahawks game (well before either of our teams were that impressive) and the Steelers lost.

The one thing I hope for is an injury free game, and I look forward to seeing Russell Wilson against our defense (I believe this is the first time Wilson has played the Steelers?).

Here's to a great game :thirishdrinkers:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
AB84":1c4mg8i4 said:
Hi Guys -- Friendly Steelers fan here to talk football leading up to Sunday. I'm from WA so this game has some extra bearing for me as most of my family are Seahawks fans.

As someone mentioned, not all teams play well coming off a bye. While I am happy Pittsburgh had a bye to nurse injuries, I know they often play poorly coming off a bye too. Hell, Pittsburgh plays poorly in Seattle in general. I was there in 2003 for the Steelers v. Seahawks game (well before either of our teams were that impressive) and the Steelers lost.

The one thing I hope for is an injury free game, and I look forward to seeing Russell Wilson against our defense (I believe this is the first time Wilson has played the Steelers?).

Here's to a great game :thirishdrinkers:

Welcome to the board. Questions...

a) How is your pass defense? What do you think of the pass rush and secondary?

2) How is Ben doing?

3) Do you have a rushing game of any kind with LaDavwhatever out?

gcolby

Reaction score
Fair to say Hawks have strung together one in a row. Gabbert had success so Big Ben will be huge test for Hawks pass D that has been shaky most of the year.

Maybe we're about to find out if Hawks can re-find the mental toughness to will themselves to a win like Cards did last night.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
It sucks I guess but whatever... Beat their asses. Leave no (more) doubt.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2bbw10eq said:
And like every other team coming off their bye, they have a 50% chance of winning.

OMG THE HUMANITY!

Actually isn't it a 52% chance of winning? But consider Seattle sucks coming out of the bye, the rest of the league's win rate is probably pretty high.

Latest posts