Pittsburgh will be the 3rd...

Seymour

Reaction score
If we can't handle the Steelers at home then we don't deserve to go to the playoffs given our start.

Also, the bye week is over rated and did us pretty much no good.

Chapow

Reaction score
Pittsburgh will be the 3rd... home game in a row following a week 8 bye.

We will have gone over a month between away games by the time we play @Minnesota on December 6th.

Really having a hard time getting behind, or even understanding this "the schedule makers screwed us" line of thought.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1ky9be0f said:
Seattle opponent in a row coming off a bye. Every team going to Seattle during this three game homestand has had an extra week to get ready.

Man just imagine if we had a bye against Arizona. Would have really helped us. ;)

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2djgkzjy said:
a) How is your pass defense? What do you think of the pass rush and secondary?

Right now, ranked #28 in the league in yards per game, fwiw.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Seymour":e764ok0y said:
If we can't handle the Steelers at home then we don't deserve to go to the playoffs given our start.

Also, the bye week is over rated and did us pretty much no good.

While I don't necessarily disagree, the Steelers are hot on the Bengals heels for first place, and beat AZ with their third string QB.

They arent patsies.

AB84

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":4leqzwys said:
AB84":4leqzwys said:
Hi Guys -- Friendly Steelers fan here to talk football leading up to Sunday. I'm from WA so this game has some extra bearing for me as most of my family are Seahawks fans.

As someone mentioned, not all teams play well coming off a bye. While I am happy Pittsburgh had a bye to nurse injuries, I know they often play poorly coming off a bye too. Hell, Pittsburgh plays poorly in Seattle in general. I was there in 2003 for the Steelers v. Seahawks game (well before either of our teams were that impressive) and the Steelers lost.

The one thing I hope for is an injury free game, and I look forward to seeing Russell Wilson against our defense (I believe this is the first time Wilson has played the Steelers?).

Here's to a great game :thirishdrinkers:

Welcome to the board. Questions...

a) How is your pass defense? What do you think of the pass rush and secondary?

2) How is Ben doing?

3) Do you have a rushing game of any kind with LaDavwhatever out?

a.) Our secondary has been given up a bunch of yards between the 20's, but getting real tight in the red zone. Our defense all year has had a "bend but don't break" mentality where they are giving up yardage all day, but not giving up points. I believe we are one of the worst teams in yardage given up, yet we are 5th in points given up. Our pass rush has been improving, and we have been getting more sacks and turnovers this year.

We don't have any cover corners like Sherman, our corners aren't impressive, they give cushions and make tackles in front of them, so I expect Wilson to be able to throw against us no problem. It will be his ability to score in the red zone that will be the key.

b.) Ben is probably in the best form he's been in since he was injured in Week 3. Regardless, he is less mobile than he normally is with these injuries (sprained MCL and sprained foot), and I fear your guys' pass rush, as he is one big hit or big tackle away from getting re-injured.

c.) Deangelo Williams has stepped in for Bell and our running game hasn't missed a beat. Williams is averaging 5yards per carry and has 5 TD's so far through about half the games of the season. We had a terrible run game last week against the Browns because Cleveland sold out against the run and geared their defense to solely stop the run and force our backup QB (Landry Jones) to beat them through the air. Jones got injured in the 1st quarter and Ben came in and threw the ball all game and torched them for nearly 400yds and 3 TD's.

It's going to be a great game, and I think it will come down to turnovers.

Latest posts