FAO Niner Fans (no dancing panda inside)

Laloosh

Reaction score
Who's up for an avatar wager this week? Couple of sub .500 teams going at it. SF with a shiny new QB, Seattle with a short QB.

Winner picks loser's avatar (must be within main forum boundaries).

First regular (as in, will still post here after the game win or lose) to accept, I'm in.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
:bump:

Come on, Marv. You know I'll keep it reasonable. Do I need to give some points?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I'd be careful Laloosh. I believe this team needs to bottom out before it can start to rise again and a loss at home to Blaine Gabbert would indeed be rock bottom.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":19b9he0g said:
I'd be careful Laloosh. I believe this team needs to bottom out before it can start to rise again and a loss at home to Blaine Gabbert would indeed be rock bottom.
I think they bottomed out last Sunday.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":fp99etnf said:
hawksfansinceday1":fp99etnf said:
I think they bottomed out last Sunday.
Pray you're right man.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
I never make a bet if I can't handle the loss.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I grew up hating a lot of teams.

It was never the 49ers. They were in a different conference, and since they were the "good" guys in the good vs evil thing with the Cowboys being the "bad" guys - it was easier to root for them.

Of course, when we became rivals it was on. But we were both teams that played physical tough football in a league that was moving away from that. I had a lot of respect for what Harbaugh did at Stanford, and his stop before that. And it was a hell of an accomplishment to beat those guys - because they were beating up other people.

It was the two titans of the NFL for a while, but then the rivalry got crazy and people started taking it personally. When they slipped I admit I was pleased because they were a big roadblock to continued success. I didn't expect we would slip like that a year later.

But once they fell out of contention, the worry over them was over. Then it just got weird. We had a lot of our fans almost dancing on their graves. I can see Seahawk fans hating Denver, they repeatedly screwed us. Or even the Raiders, but where was there enough background to hate the 49ers this much when they were really only a rival for a 2-3 years max?

The weird part is that all the dancing on grave almost karmically screwed us, because people were literally filled with glee about all the things destroying Kap - and almost oblivious to the problems we were having/going to have.

I think we are a better team but after all those years of crappy owners by Seahawk, Mariner and even Sonic teams (the Sonics not as bad until they started drafting teams of all centers to destroy the fanbase enough to move them), you would think this region if any would at least feel for the 49er fans that are getting shelled by crappy ownership decisions.

I don't even think the 49er fans that everyone hates are actual 49er fans, just rudderless 49er/Raiderfans that travel in packs toward whatever team is doing better.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
^^ I think if you were to ask Marvin, he'd admit that despite the frequency with which I give him shit, he knows that it's all harmless fun and that I don't wish he or any other reasonable, football loving fan any misery.

I'm simply proposing a small wager in good fun between the fans of two not so great teams this season. Gotta do something to keep things interesting, no?

idahohawk

Reaction score
Laloosh":2hgbanhj said:
Who's up for an avatar wager this week? Couple of sub .500 teams going at it. SF with a shiny new QB, Seattle with a short QB.

First regular (as in, will still post here after the game win or lose) to accept, I'm in.

I believe pillow fight is what you are looking for.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Laloosh":107urncy said:

:lol:

I'll do it with you for the next Hawks game against the Cardinals, but, well, there's a reason you want to make this bet and won't want to make that one. :lol:

As a 9ers fan who loves avatar wagers and stuff, even I'm not participating in this; there's a -10.5 spread for the Hawks (by far the largest in the NFL this week) for a reason. Heck, I'd probably have to be at -13.5 or even -14.5 to even consider it a fair bet.

Props for referring to BLAINE F****** Gabbert as a "shiny new QB" though. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3mldyyoi said:
I grew up hating a lot of teams...

Good post.

Just two things:

you would think this region if any would at least feel for the 49er fans that are getting shelled by crappy ownership decisions.

Ehh, I don't think you need to really feel sorry for 9ers fans. Like all fanbases 9ers fans come in two stripes: the raging, hormonal psychopaths who are obnoxious as heck and aren't deserving of sympathy, and the regular folks who dont really need it.

Part of being a long-time 9ers fan is having been through a lot. As a kid I got to watch my team be a dynasty and the class of the NFL, and then as I grew up I got to watch them be one of the worst teams in the NFL for a decade. Then I got to watch them be one of the best and most feared teams in the NFL for three years again, and now they suck again. I've seen them rise and decline multiple times now so nobody really needs to feel sorry for me.

I don't even think the 49er fans that everyone hates are actual 49er fans, just rudderless 49er/Raiderfans that travel in packs toward whatever team is doing better.

This happens less than people think, IMO. It's not quite Yankees/Mets, but I seriously don't know anyone who has ever switched allegiances. I've always *liked* the Raiders, but they could never be good enough to make me like them even remotely as much as I'd still be rooting for the 9ers in a dumpster fire period.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2ky2f49b said:
Laloosh":2ky2f49b said:

:lol:

I'll do it with you for the next Hawks game against the Cardinals, but, well, there's a reason you want to make this bet and won't want to make that one. :lol:

As a 9ers fan who loves avatar wagers and stuff, even I'm not participating in this; there's a -10.5 spread for the Hawks (by far the largest in the NFL this week) for a reason. Heck, I'd probably have to be at -13.5 or even -14.5 to even consider it a fair bet.

Props for referring to BLAINE F****** Gabbert as a "shiny new QB" though. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll give the 10.5. Give it some thought... Irvin's not playing, probably no Ty Lockett... has to be tempting.

If I wanted to do one for the cards game, I'd have to settle for picking Ringless's avatar. He's the only Cards fan for 1,000 miles.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Laloosh":20dh51so said:
I'll give the 10.5. Give it some thought... Irvin's not playing, probably no Ty Lockett... has to be tempting.

The problem with it is how inspired can I really be to rub it in your face when the Hawks only beat the 9ers by two scores? :lol:

It's also up to 13 now. :lol:

Slowly inching closer to my -13.5 to -14.5 that I'd actually be comfortable with as an equal bet. ;)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/lines

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3pskized said:
Laloosh":3pskized said:

The problem with it is how inspired can I really be to rub it in your face when the Hawks only beat the 9ers by two scores? :lol:

It's also up to 13 now. :lol:

Slowly inching closer to my -13.5 to -14.5 that I'd actually be comfortable with as an equal bet. ;)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/lines

Well, I've seen our offense so I won't go that far. Maybe someone else will take the digits +10.5.