Best RB, best TE, 20 millions QB and O stinks ...

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Yup, that's true ... very true.
We have the best RB in the game. ML still got plenty of juice left.
We have the best TE in the game. Jimmy is still the best TE.
We have a $20mil/year QB. He wanted the $$$$ and he got his money.

And our offense can't get first downs ...

davidonmi

Reaction score
ML is not the best RB in football anymore, no chance graham is the best tight end in football

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
And Wilson is not even in the top 10, likely the top 12.

But to be fair, he isn't earning 22M this year either.

Ozzy

Reaction score
TW your anti Wilson rants are getting to be a little over the top

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
There is NOTHING wrong with the effort of Marshawn Lynch. Absolutely NOTHING and he's worth every penny he's being paiud. He had an injury earlier this year but he has run very well and extremely hard when healthy. Agree with the OP he has juice left but unfortunately nagging injuries are gonna mean the end I'm afraid. In other words, the will is there but the body is betraying him.

On the other hand, Wilson, Sherman, Chancellor and Wagner have regressed. They all got paid. We're gonna find out a whole lot about these guys by this time next season. Will they dig down deep and get the fire back or will they just be happy they got paid and got a lot of endorsement deals?

The jury is out on Graham but tonight he played like shit and was not worth his salary.

Tical21

Reaction score
Jimmy Graham isn't one of the top-10 overall TE's in the league.

OP
OP
J

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Yes, because we have refused to throw him the ball.
I'm sure if he goes back to NO, he will be top 10 again.
We take great players, and we make them do things they don't do well. Is Olsen better than Graham?
Tical21":22swr7yx said:
Jimmy Graham isn't one of the top-10 overall TE's in the league.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I am not anti-Wilson.

I am anti THIS Wilson.

You know, the one doing movies like Entourage and doing award shows, going on vacations during a key bye week, taking credit for successes but doing nothing clutch for the entire year.

A few years ago, Wilson was clutch. You gave him the ball with the opportunity to put the game away, and he did it. Remember the famous complaint about OT where Manning didn't get the ball because Wilson drove for the TD, sealing the game?

That was a Wilson that put in hours daily, studying film, getting better, working and perfecting every tiny piece - so that in games he would be nails. And he was.

This Wilson goes to costume parties instead, hangs out on Mexico's finest beaches instead of going over film to get better, and apparently is doing more Beats commercials. But he isn't top 12.

Is he as good as Brady? Rodgers? Brees? Manning#1? Manning#2? Rivers? Ben Rapeburger? Romo? Palmer? Ryan? Newton?

What about Carr? Dalton? Luck?

Also remember that Manning was benched but I doubt Manning would put up a string of single TD games even when he is 72. Maybe you can quibble about Ryan or Carr (but Carr is a much more effective passer and TD threat) but for the most part you cannot put Wilson anywhere near the rest of those guys based on current production.

Wilson this year has had 3-4 opportunities to bring the team back and win the game with TDs. So far, he failed on every end of game opportunity to do so. Top 10 QBs do not consistently fail at that.

This is clearly a QB enjoying the trappings of being a QB more than the responsibilities.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3oliu1ki said:
I am not anti-Wilson.

I am anti THIS Wilson.

You know, the one doing movies like Entourage and doing award shows, going on vacations during a key bye week, taking credit for successes but doing nothing clutch for the entire year.

A few years ago, Wilson was clutch. You gave him the ball with the opportunity to put the game away, and he did it. Remember the famous complaint about OT where Manning didn't get the ball because Wilson drove for the TD, sealing the game?

That was a Wilson that put in hours daily, studying film, getting better, working and perfecting every tiny piece - so that in games he would be nails. And he was.

This Wilson goes to costume parties instead, hangs out on Mexico's finest beaches instead of going over film to get better, and apparently is doing more Beats commercials. But he isn't top 12.

Is he as good as Brady? Rodgers? Brees? Manning#1? Manning#2? Rivers? Ben Rapeburger? Romo? Palmer? Ryan? Newton?

Also remember that Manning was benched but I doubt Manning would put up a string of single TD games even when he is 72. Maybe you can quibble about Ryan or Carr (but Carr is a much more effective passer and TD threat) but for the most part you cannot put Wilson anywhere near the rest of those guys based on current production.

Wilson this year has had 3-4 opportunities to bring the team back and win the game with TDs. So far, he failed on every end of game opportunity to do so. Top 10 QBs do not consistently fail at that.

This is clearly a QB enjoying the trappings of being a QB more than the responsibilities.
Oh, stop it. God this is tiresome. You're commenting irresponsibly. You don't have any what is going through the man's head. There are plenty of other explanations for his struggles, and you've already pointed many of them out yourself.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2qj08s35 said:

He got eight carries tonight.

Eight.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2arhxj3d said:
I am not anti-Wilson.

I am anti THIS Wilson.

So very, very sadly I agree with this. I really thought he had that special drive to be one of the best ever. Now I question it. As I said above, we are going to find out a helluva lot about his emotional and mental makeup along with that of the other guys that got paid and gpt all those endorsement deals (Wagz, Sherm, Kam).

This is the post you should've been making all season man instead of the more nitpicky, lowbrow ripping of RW.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
joeseahawks":3ctbcgx7 said:
We have the best TE in the game. Jimmy is still the best TE.
We have a $20mil/year QB. He wanted the $$$$ and he got his money.

And our offense can't get first downs ...

Translation: I don't fully understand the importance of a good O-line (in regard to PO/SB hopes).

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Jimmy is not half the TE Gronk is. Sorry man but it's true. He's not the best in the game.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
"You're commenting irresponsibly."

How is it irresponsible to point out that one of the highest paid QBs in the league is not producing as effectively as mid-tier QBs?

And if those other reasons were valid (Bevell), wouldn't a responsible player aware of that challenge then take extra time to prepare better to offset it? How many HOF players would shoot to vacation in the middle of a playoff hunt?

There is enough indication that while a big chuck of the problem is Bevell, a significant chunk is also Wilson. Watch the games. How much of that is on Wilson?