What would Walter Jones say?

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
About how pathetic an effort some of our players put forth? I just watched the Niners game again and watched how our linemen would barely push an opponent. Does anybody else remember the how Walter played the game? His opponent would be pushed back ten or more yards!!! He has to be slapping his forehead as he watches our linemen each week. If he was our OL Coach, you can bet your ass that these present masquerading linemen would be "set straight" right soon!

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3m33hwiw said:
About how pathetic an effort some of our players put forth? I just watched the Niners game again and watched how our linemen would barely push an opponent. Does anybody else remember the how Walter played the game? His opponent would be pushed back ten or more yards!!! He has to be slapping his forehead as he watches our linemen each week. If he was our OL Coach, you can bet your ass that these present masquerading linemen would be "set straight" right soon!

Just to clarify, you're saying the offensive line is inadequate simply due to effort?

DeeHawks

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1nnpkwoz said:
JSeahawks":1nnpkwoz said:
He would just buy each of them an escalade and tell them to start pushing.

No doubt. Man, I miss that guy.

Walterjones1
Love that pic of him pushing the car. He was the best of the best...!
Wish we had someone now who was even half as good as Big Walt. :D

Basis4day

Reaction score
I too wonder why our O-Line can't match the consistency of arguably the greatest LT to ever play the game.

A

Anonymous

Basis4day":1nscx1oz said:
I too wonder why our O-Line can't match the consistency of arguably the greatest LT to ever play the game.

Nope, this isn't a smart-ass comment.

Not at all...

:les:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3iqflcvz said:
Walter Jones is a HOF Left Tackle, so it's not just "Effort".
Jones was a gifted athlete, with extraordinary technique, and a fantastic off Season workout program, that kept him at the top of his game.
W.J. along with Steve Hutchinson dominated the Left (blind) side for Matt Hasselbeck ,+ were monster Run Blockers to boot.
The Seahawks Offensive Linemen that are in there now?, are playing from a deficit in Coaching-training and conditioning, some have even had to rework their whole way of playing, and thinking, just to make the transition from Defense to Offense, so there's a lot of 'oh shit' moments with some of these inexperienced greenhorns.
It's going to take some time just to be 'average', and there's also the LACK of "Continuity" that's biting them in the ass right now.

OP
OP
B

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
bmorepunk":7lyobtyl said:
Bigpumpkin":7lyobtyl said:

Just to clarify, you're saying the offensive line is inadequate simply due to effort?

Yes....they lack effort about 50% of the time. We need consistent effort! In my observation, there is at least one player on every down that is not giving it 100%

morgulon1

Reaction score
I'm not sure , you hear the same bs from PC about it taking time for them to " figure all this out" etc etc etc.
What is all the OTAs and training camp for. Other teams seem to figure it out. For example , the New England Patriots have two rookies on their oline, and another guy that has less than a full season yet they flourish.

The difference?

New England drafts college offensive lineman and then have them play offensive line.

Exittium

Reaction score
So fire Cable and Bevell.. bring in someone to replace bevell.. and Bring in Walter to coach the Oline :stirthepot:

OP
OP
B

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Exittium":2bjrgimk said:
So fire Cable and Bevell.. bring in someone to replace bevell.. and Bring in Walter to coach the Oline :stirthepot:

You gotta wonder if Walter has the "Coaching bug"? Do you think that he desires to return to football?

chris98251

Reaction score
Holmgren once called Jones the best Athlete on the team and smartest player he ever coached. That says a lot considering who he has coached.

taz291819

Reaction score
chris98251":68r9rzpb said:
Holmgren once called Jones the best Athlete on the team and smartest player he ever coached. That says a lot considering who he has coached.

I believe Madden also said Jones was the best athlete to ever play football, including all positions.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If you're expecting our lineman to get the push Walter Jones got? You're in for a rough time.

Jones is still the only tackle I've ever watched where at the end of the camera shot or replay the D-lineman he was blocking wasn't even in the frame anymore.

Anyway, I highly doubt Jones would be critical of his fellow Hawk O-lineman, he knows what a thankless difficult position it is.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
DeeHawks":3kw5f9nx said:
Wish we had someone now who was even half as good as Big Walt. :D

If our OL was comprised of players all even just half as good as Walt we would have the best OL in the NFL.

mrt144

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1j8mu7mc said:
bmorepunk":1j8mu7mc said:
Bigpumpkin":1j8mu7mc said:

Yes....they lack effort about 50% of the time. We need consistent effort! In my observation, there is at least one player on every down that is not giving it 100%

If someone is consistently lacking effort, maybe it isn't effort.