49er Rivalry Dead

Laloosh

Reaction score
Dunno. Patton was trying like hell to be a tough guy out there. Thought it was cute.

FormerEvil

Reaction score
What rivalry? 6-1 in the last 7 games. Kap has won once against the Hawks all time.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
You guys won tonight, but face it going to be a while before either team is a threat again. The only rivalry now between us is the competition between our two QB'S, each trying to be the one with the most sacks. Sad really.

Laloosh

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":1nffnt8u said:
You guys won tonight, but face it going to be a while before either team is a threat again. The only rivalry now between us is the competition between our two QB'S, each trying to be the one with the most sacks. Sad really.

Face it? I get the idea of Niner fans consoling one another by saying "well, at least Seattle isn't as good" but we're worlds apart in our level of issues. Don't fool yourself.

ringless

Reaction score
As a big fan of what the rivalry was despite the outcome. I use to be extremely excited for this matchup specifically. Both were powerhouses. When an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. But now one has had a small decline. The other is being coached by a guy that lived in his car. Where coaches wouldn't even take promotions to work for said franchise. Players straight up just quit, or ran for FA if they could.

At no point this season was I getting that same excitement for this specific game. Tonight I never felt like this game meant what it did in years past. Last years debacle during thanksgiving would be like trying to chase a high you can never get again. Because of everything that took place during that game, and after at midfield. Plus what inevitably followed all the way through the off-season traces back to that.

Even tonight I think it was obvious who was always going to win this game. It didn't have that same mystery or excitement. Not between the players, or the fans.

Yes it is dead.

Seattle killed it last year and nobody comes back from death like that.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
^This.
Niners have given up. The silence here is like a graveyard. Just....dead.
I would have preferred a 3-7 lead either way. You know, like the qb sacks.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Hey Ringless.
Long-time observer. Maybe they go this year. Gg and good luck:)

Rob12

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":17u9vr9f said:

This right here is BS.

Seahawks have had fourth quarter leads in all of their four losses. The roster is as stacked as ever. Once the fourth quarter problems get solved, this team can and will beat anyone. To say they're not a threat is you simply being dishonest because you hate the Seahawks.

They've been garbage at finishing teams off. I think that's a fixable issue and it's not a question of talent like it is with the 49ers.

jonkchar

Reaction score
Players were all slapping eachothers backs after plays. Weird. Yeah, we took their heart and ate in front of them in 2013. Rivalry's over

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Rob12":6855qlnl said:
lvnginhwktwn":6855qlnl said:

This right here is BS.

Seahawks have had fourth quarter leads in all of their four losses. The roster is as stacked as ever. Once the fourth quarter problems get solved, this team can and will beat anyone. To say they're not a threat is you simply being dishonest because you hate the Seahawks.

They've been garbage at finishing teams off. I think that's a fixable issue and it's not a question of talent like it is with the 49ers.

Call it what you want but if you think solving a couple of issues is going to turn it around then you're are truly in denial. Every week the average number of sacks increases, after week 7 6.28 sacks per game over 50 hits. You're are dreaming if you think your QB can stay healthy at that rate.

Our team sucks this year we all knew they would, but you guys talked and talked about how good you guys were going to be and all the off season issues we had and how immune to all that you guys are.

All kidding aside, If you guys make the playoffs with RW still upright I'll will be shocked.

hoxrox

Reaction score
The rivalry died when we had Turkey on their turf and then completed the sweep of them last year.

This game felt more like a glorified scrimmage with a JV squad.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":2zj4h2un said:
Since you live in Seattle and you were SO confident in your team at the beginning of the season, how much $$$ did you lose tonight to your Hawks friends? 8)

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
It was fun while it lasted. Kinda like sending the Rams to wander in the desert 10 years ago. Hoping Arizona is next.

Rob12

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":17et1ok1 said:
Rob12":17et1ok1 said:
lvnginhwktwn":17et1ok1 said:

This right here is BS.

Call it what you want but if you think solving a couple of issues is going to turn it around then you're are truly in denial. Every week the average number of sacks increases, after week 7 6.28 sacks per game over 50 hits. You're are dreaming if you think your QB can stay healthy at that rate.

Our team sucks this year we all knew they would, but you guys talked and talked about how good you guys were going to be and all the off season issues we had and how immune to all that you guys are.

All kidding aside, If you guys make the playoffs with RW still upright I'll will be shocked.

This team was 3-3 at one point last season, and had the entire nation writing them off. That seemed to have worked out well. I'd dig up your posts if I cared that much, but I'm sure you were parroting the same thoughts last season as well. I'm sure you were "shocked" last season as well as we rolled to another SB.

See, I love this. Because at 3-4, the Seahawks still look to be on the ropes. And realistically, they are. But if the past three years have told us anything, it's that this group of athletes love when everyone else is counting them out. Tonight's win over your team was not impressive, but it was a step in the right direction. And with 10 days before our next game, the coaches and players will continue to iron out issues.

RW getting sacked is alarming. Obviously, it's a big issue right now. But throughout his NFL career, he's been sacked a lot. A lot. And he's never missed a game. You may think that's just luck, but I tend to believe that there is a method to his madness. All he has EVER been since college is healthy. He does not miss games. We all know this offensive line is sub par. As far as pass protection goes, it was sub par in 2012. And 2013. And 2014. But the common denominator is that RW has played in every game since 2012, and I have no reason to believe that that will change anytime soon.

We're not immune to anything. But nothing has changed, like Earl said. Our roster is largely the same. The coaches are the same. If you can't see why Seahawk fans have mostly unrelenting faith, that's on you.

Rob12

Reaction score
hoxrox":2a6qhsg9 said:
The rivalry died when we had Turkey on their turf and then completed the sweep of them last year.

This game felt more like a glorified scrimmage with a JV squad.

This. I can't remember a worse NFL team than I saw tonight. Poor Kap is broken as a QB, and the only thing that will save him is a change of scenery.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Trying to equate the plights of the two teams is laughable. The 49ers are screwed. That organization is toxic, and the owner is one of the worst in sports. Unless ownership changes or the current owner completely alters his approach, i.e. spending big bucks to bring in Sean Payton or someone of his ilk next year, that team is in the toilet for the foreseeable future.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":39gvqqcb said:
Rob12":39gvqqcb said:
lvnginhwktwn":39gvqqcb said:

This right here is BS.

This is a fair point. The key this year is Russell Wilson because this is his team. Kam is no longer their leader and we will see if he progresses. I thought his performance was less than mediocre. The score should have been 35-3; your team is lousy this year. I scratch my head as to why your front office couldn't make it work with Harbaugh but maybe he IS too difficult. If our Oline and QB play is better than we are a threat but right now I don't see it.

Hawk Fans, Russell cannot take a beating like this and continue forever. This point is spot on...