Fixed current and offseason problem

Davidess

Reaction score
heres the domino effect on how I think the hawks can improve.

Offensive line>more time for RW>better play design (no more basic routes)>more 1st downs>possible better RZ Efficiency>more rest for the D.

the main argument I've heard is the Offense cant sustain drives (understandably so) which leads to the Defense being out there more often and being "gassed"

Seahawks offense has been on the field an avg of 31:12 (9th in the league) with the D being out there on avg 31:42 (8th in the league) not much different but in the past we've won that battle pretty consistently which helps the D.

The hawks have built their team without dabbling too much into the Oline market (drafting and FA)
I believe the hawks need to throw at least 3 high picks towards the Oline if not 3 then two and sign a vet.

Seahawks have 27 FA coming up this offseason (don't worry, a lot our PS or deep depth guys) hawks have a projected 23.3M in cap coming in 2016.
here's a list of some of the highlighted players on the list
Jon Ryan-Punters usually have long careers so expect him to be resigned
T-jack- now I can see them letting him go elsewhere and putting B.J Daniels as the back up, unless Tjack signs for less.
Brandon Mebane-one of the better NT's in the league when healthy, and that's been the problem last year and partly this year. has to stay healthy.
Russell Okung- Solid LT when healthy. think he wants to stay here and finish his career here.
DaMarcus Dobbs- he is a solid back up/rotational DT, could be had for cheap.
J.R Sweezy-He's shown steady improvement but needs to be more consistent at times.
Jeremy Lane-was injured, think he will be a camp body and sign a cheap deal and see how his body reacts.
Jermaine Kearse-This one is touchy. a lot of people like him (local kid so understandable) hes been inconsistent at times so I don't see him commanding too much here.
Derek Coleman hes a good ST leader and a good athletic FB (RB convert).
Bruce Irvin-Seahawks declining his option might've lit a fire under his butt because hes playing pretty well this year (leading the team in sacks 3.5)

the 3 that I think will be hard to retain will be Irvin, Sweezy and Okung. might have to let 1 of the 3 walk. got a choice?

Unfortunately I don't know the available FA OL for 2016. over the cap isn't working for me for some reason.

we have 10 picks coming our way (6 normal, 4 comp)

1st
2nd
3rd
3rd comp
4th
5th comp
6th comp
7th
7th trade
7th comp

no one can predict what the hawks will do with their picks. a few will probably be packaged and moved around a bit but heres a very general idea of how I'd like to see them draft coming up.

1- OL
2- OL
3-DL
3-RB
4-DL
5-CB
6-CB
7-OL
7-LB
7-Safety

the hawks have good upcoming LB depth (Coyle, KPL, Moody) but need to restock on the DL (DT or DE) they will need to draft a RB because I cant believe Fred Jackson will be here.

Now I leaned toward OL because that is the premise of this whole thing.
***Sorry if it feels like im rambling but again, I work overnight and I tend to do that haha.

Thank you for welcoming me to the site. I hope I didn't sound too dumb. thanks and have a goodnight everyone

GO HAWKS