Offensive Play Calls In Late Game Situations

Dabhawk

Reaction score
Bevell, why are you having Russell throw on first, second and THIRD when we need to RUN THE BALL and KEEP THE CLOCK RUNNING!!! We can't put these games away early cause our pathetic play caller can't pull his head out of his A$$ and watch the clock!! Dude just pisses away opportunities... So sick of this crap

Treghc

Reaction score
Dabhawk":3bvzb0dj said:
Bevell, why are you having Russell throw on first, second and THIRD when we need to RUN THE BALL and KEEP THE CLOCK RUNNING!!! We can't put these games away early cause our pathetic play caller can't pull his head out of his A$$ and watch the clock!! Dude just pisses away opportunities... So sick of this crap

L O freaking L

Last week, is was blaming Bevell for being conservative. Now it's blaming Bevell for not being conservative?

At the end of the day, the defense needs to stop sucking so damned badly. That's what... 4 80-yard TD drives they gave up today?

nash72

Reaction score
It truly is a joke. This season is officially over. Oh well. We had two years ago I suppose.

OP
OP
Dabhawk

Dabhawk

Reaction score
If our offense could score more than 17 points per game we would be 5-1

Ozzy

Reaction score
Bevel is terrible situationally. Defense folded regardless. I'm in shock

nash72

Reaction score
The only positive is that every loss is another nail in Bevells coffin.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Treghc":2pym5f7c said:
Dabhawk":2pym5f7c said:

L O freaking L

Last week, is was blaming Bevell for being conservative. Now it's blaming Bevell for not being conservative?

At the end of the day, the defense needs to stop sucking so damned badly. That's what... 4 80-yard TD drives they gave up today?

Wrong..... because 3X80 2o u of have been enough to win.

Think about it. You're the defense sitting on the sidelines completely winded... you see your often not doing their job. Would you have any motivation to go stop anybody? I sure as hell wouldn't..

seahawksny

Reaction score
seahawksny":2og5i7oe said:
Treghc":2og5i7oe said:
Dabhawk":2og5i7oe said:

L O freaking L

Think about it. You're the defense sitting on the sidelines completely winded... you see your often not doing their job. Would you have any motivation to go stop anybody? I sure as hell wouldn't..

* I meant... 3X80 WOULD HAVE BEEN ENOUGH TO WIN

seahawksny

Reaction score
seahawksny":70mu96cz said:
seahawksny":70mu96cz said:
Treghc":70mu96cz said:
Dabhawk":70mu96cz said:

L O freaking L

* I meant... 3X80 WOULD HAVE BEEN ENOUGH TO WIN

Was voice texting.. u meant .. u see the offense not doing their job

quneur

Reaction score
No, the run stops working in the fourth. How much yards have Hawks gained by running in the fourth? Not many. Lynch made a nice first down run then Bevell called two consecutive runs right after and after another desperate 3rd and five throw. Again, so very predictable.

On defense, too conservative when we get the lead; prevent defense = prevent win. Someone has to stay with Olsen throughout and not play prevent.

I see no urgency late in the game. Everybody seems not to be playing to win (especially the coordinators) but playing not to lose. The difference is playing hard versus playing desperate. Example, I only seen two blitzes in the game and both came in very late in the game when Seattle was desperate not during the game when those gains could be better absorbed (including Olsen's TD - I bet Seattle would play better if behind and play calling would be very different.)

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
This is my biggest gripe about Bevell, situational play calling.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Treghc":1g8zxtem said:
Dabhawk":1g8zxtem said:

L O freaking L

You're wrong, we did the same thing last week. Threw in stupid situations and they tied with 1 second remaining.

Fact is, Bevell has shown no capacity to learn from his mistakes, he's actually regressed.

It sucks that we need to go through these losses to learn this lesson when it was obvious to plenty before. If one good thing comes from us missing the play-offs this season, let it be Bevell's departure. I'm tired of us losing every time we concede 20+ points. There's far too much talent on this team for our offense to be holding us back like this.

Pete won't throw Bevell under the bus though. We're riding this thing to 9-7.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
No consistent run blocking.
Poor protection even when D rushes 4. RW might do better staying in the pocket if there was one.
Poor blitz pickup.
Some serious chemistry issues in the secondary.

Adds up...

Playcalling might not look so atrocious if execution was there. That said, 4th quarter plays have been getting pretty predictable.

OP
OP
Dabhawk

Dabhawk

Reaction score
Let me first give credit to Hasselbeck for breaking this down.

SB49 : OFFENSE COULDNT PUT TOGETHER A DRIVE OF MORE THAN 4 PLAYS AFTER TAKING A 24-14 LEAD
LOSS
WK1 : BEVELL CANT CALL A WITTY PLAY IN OT IF ONE SMACKED HIM UPSIDE THE HEAD
LOSS
WK2 : AFTER TAKING A 17-13 LEAD, OFFENSE ENDS GAME WITH PUNT, INT, FUMBLE
LOSS
WK3 : BEARS LITERALLY ROLLED ON THEIR BACKS AND PLAYED DEAD
EASIEST WIN EVER
WK4 : AFTER TAKING A 10 POINT LEAD, OFFENSE ENDS THE GAME WITH PUNT, FUMBLE, FUMBLE BROUGHT BACK FOR A TD, PUNT. IF IT WERENT FOR KAM WE WOULD HAVE LOST.
BARELY A WIN AGAINST A WINLESS TEAM
WK5 : AFTER TAKING A 24-7 LEAD, OUR OFFENSE ENDS WITH PUNT, PUNT, PUNT, PUNT, PUNT, PUNT
PATHETIC LOSS
WK6: AFTER TAKING A 23-14 LEAD, OUR OFFENSE ENDS WITH PUNT, PUNT, PUNT, PUNT
DESPICABLE LOSS AT HOME
:pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:
SO DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY QUESTIONS AS TO WHY OUR DEFENSE IS GIVING UP GAMES LATE??? OH YEAH, MAYBE ITS CAUSE OUR OFFENSE CANT GET A FIRST DOWN AND LAY EGGS ALL OVER THE FIELD!!!

If Bevell isn't to blame, WHO IS?????? PATHETIC PLAY CALLS LEAD TO PATHETIC LOSSES