Cincy Tripping

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
My vision was of seeing a small game in Ohio and then pressing on to the game in Cincinnati. Well, the trip started bad. My flight from Spokane into boise did not make it on time for the connector to Oakland. The Oakland connector to Columbus would get me in there at about 730. But, that did not happen. My flight was changed to 1230 going to Phoenix, then a connector there to Columbus. Ending up in Columbus at Midnight. Knowing this, I called my buddy that was gonna pick me up and spend part of the Friday with me and said meet ya in Columbus on Saturday before the game. Called him on Friday and told him to go ahead and park at the motel I was at for the game. Made his life better. Motel was only about half mile away. Easy to access. I like to use local transportation like buses and such to get a feel for the area. Twas the plan anyway. I did get a little walk in. Probably about 3 miles on hallowed ground of the campus of Ohio State University. It was a great walk too. Got to the motel and settled in for a little rest. But could not rest. So went to lunch. Met up with my cohorts a few hours later and went to dinner. Went to the game. Hooked up with my buddy from years ago and we had a great time.

Went to Cincy.

Got to Cincy. Found our motels thanks to Mrs Garmin. She tells us where to go all the time. Found a trolly/shuttle to the other side of the river from our motels that were in Covington, Kentucky. Our motels were next to the burm that contains the Ohio River. Outside of their motel on the burm was a pair of Rock chucks. I assume a family but did not ask them. To the other end of my motel was access to the burm and I crossed it to check out the river.

Ended up going to Wafflehouse for breakfast as it was across the street from us. Went to the one in Columbus too as it was semi close. Had dinner at a Yard House beer chain next to the Paul Brown Stadium. Thought about going back there after the game, but one look inside and we said that aint happening. So we thought about getting the shuttle back across to Kentucky, but decided to walk across the bridge.

Met up with some people from Iowa that roadtrip to games whether they have a member that is a fan of that games team or not. One of the group is a fan of the Bengals. So he got lucky. Found them after the game and had a few before I went off to bed. Got on a bus to Indy thanks to Riverdog and went to Indy. I saw this photo opportunity and took it. I shall explain when I upload.

Really thought the game was decent as our front line actually looked like it was working. There were plays to be had and I saw what people have posted on our site here. I have been background listening to the game and heard some people interrupting the game with a “Sea Hawks” chant. Don’t get it myself. But I was one on the upper deck losing my voice too. I would guess that we probably had about 1500 fans there if not more. Not as big a force as Az last year nor San Diego…but a lot. Every time I turned around there was another 3 to 5 Hawkfans. Had a Go Hawks in Vegas on the way back. Did a lightweight response….and then the flight home….lets just say I made it back.

OP
OP
Seahawkfan80

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Pic number 1.
Lockettes Mother. I am not sure if it is E or NoE. I am sure that Riverdog will correct me.

Attachments

• Lockette's Ma.jpg
    Lockette's Ma.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 865
OP
OP
Seahawkfan80

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Me and Rawls Mom. Cool people.

Attachments

• Rawls Mom.jpg
    Rawls Mom.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 863
OP
OP
Seahawkfan80

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Me and Rawls Dad and a Security person. Dont ask. I dont understand either.

Attachments

• Rawls Dad and security.jpg
    Rawls Dad and security.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 860
OP
OP
Seahawkfan80

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
And of course since I was in Indianapolis via bus...the bus depot is next door to the Lucas Oil/RCA dome. I got this pic of the side door open I would assume airing out lucks hot air.???? LOL Go Hawks. From a bit farther down the sidewalk, you can see the pennants hanging up too. I decided not to worry about that picture.

Attachments

• Indyaired.jpg
    Indyaired.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 850
OP
OP
Seahawkfan80

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
The bridge over the Ohio River. A pair of guys walking back to go to dinner.

Attachments

• Dreadedwalkhome.jpg
    Dreadedwalkhome.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 836
OP
OP
Seahawkfan80

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I told Mrs Rawls that her boy was gonna be big that day. And boy howdy was I correct. I was sitting above a pair of Cincy fans and Hawkfans that were related. My buddy in the pic above has a wife that needs her priorities changed as she is a Cincy fan. Or not. I think it was great that she saw her team win. Keeps peace in the family.

I would like advice here tho....should I post the Ohio State pix here as a part of my trip too???? anyone??? wilber..er uh Beuller??? er uh A mod???